Closed Thread
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:48 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesoftail03 View Post
In the mean time, I got a new 9958 AND a new Hero H853 (26inch) from raidentech. 90$ including shipping in 5 days! The H853 is supposed to be a 9053 Version 2. I think it's actually a clone of the 9053! Anyways, been too windy, here but I've been working that 9958. Been a challenge, very quick in my living room, likes to take off straight for the book cases, couch etc. You name it!
Yes they love the funiture don't they its like they have a built in radar to find them.
You should try flying my QS8006 inside it's 53" wich is 1.34m long now thats a challenge and a half but allot of fun.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:49 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
Video from this evening. Best I could do with my kids hanging on me and talking.....

The light was fading so the video isn't that great....

Double Horse 9116 (3 min 15 sec)
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmrast View Post
Video from this evening. Best I could do with my kids hanging on me and talking.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjpQ7EqXVXk
Very nice
Seems very stable, it always helps to have a audience

My 4yo grandson always wants to "help" fly mine
mikesoftail03 is offline Find More Posts by mikesoftail03
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yes they love the funiture don't they its like they have a built in radar to find them.
You should try flying my QS8006 inside it's 53" wich is 1.34m long now thats a challenge and a half but allot of fun.
Can't imagine trying to fly that big bird indoors !

You must have a lotta room
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:13 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmrast View Post
Nice flying kids are fun arn't they.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:16 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesoftail03 View Post
Can't imagine trying to fly that big bird indoors !

You must have a lotta room
Actualy no I don't have much room at all the lounge is about 12ftx20ft with lots of furniture.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:03 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Hi Mick, Thanks for sending me the motor it arived today and i'm back up flying again with the 9116. I'm using the 650mah battery until the heat sinks arive and will look at the best method to fit them. I want to keep as much of the heat sink as possible even if it sits up a bit above the motor and I might by the looks of it have to cut a bit of the canopy at the top to accomidate the heat sink and to get as much air to it as possible.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:46 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
well done, chalmrast, great vid, considering...

Glad to hear you got the motor, eugene. I got your disks today too, setting up phoenix as I write.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:50 AM
Tom
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
Well my 9116 is out of action for now with a broken OEM. Need to get a new one and get it all set up again. Today however the Xieda 9958 showed up which I ordered. What a blast!!! I haven't even touched the servo arms yet (light rear and left drift) and she is amazing. Hands free hover straight out of the box and damn its zippy. I truly love this little heli.

MUST HAVE guys. Do yourselves a favor and get one
Aussietom is offline Find More Posts by Aussietom
Old Jan 30, 2012, 02:01 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussietom View Post
Well my 9116 is out of action for now with a broken OEM. Need to get a new one and get it all set up again. Today however the Xieda 9958 showed up which I ordered. What a blast!!! I haven't even touched the servo arms yet (light rear and left drift) and she is amazing. Hands free hover straight out of the box and damn its zippy. I truly love this little heli.

MUST HAVE guys. Do yourselves a favor and get one
A Broken OEM what?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:03 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
broken pcb
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:39 AM
Tom
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
why I wrote OEM I have no idea. 'PCB'
Aussietom is offline Find More Posts by Aussietom
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:17 AM
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussietom View Post

A MUST HAVE guys. Do yourselves a favor and get one
Sorry, to hear about the PCB. I keep wondering why everyone seems to have or think they have PCB problems?

As for the 9958, Yep, got one myself for the winter weather

Sure is quick and responsive. I've kept mine on the senior mode (more servo travel). Tried the junior mode, but not as much fun. So far - nothing broken. I've seen this compareed to the v911, so maybe later I'll have to pick one of those up. This heli-crack sure is additive.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:33 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
yeah, who needs to sniff, shoot or snort, this stuff is just as addictive, and it empties your wallet and bank account just as quick too.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:16 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
It sounds like the aileron link between the servo and the swashplate needs adjusting. Go through the swashplate leveling procedure as I posted earlier a few pages back, then adjust the links as required during a few test flights.
Eugene, Tom and Mick
Thanks for the replies, I have moved the servos in board of the frame sides to take the strain off the link arms and reset the swashplate. After 2 charges and a number if minor adjustments to the link arms, the heli is dialled in and a pleasure to fly. Happy days!!
PJ9116 is offline Find More Posts by PJ9116
Closed Thread