Closed Thread
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:10 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfeC View Post
Hey everyone, I came across Toys World Express tonight and was wondering if anyone has bought anything from them. How were they to work with? Where are they based? How was the shipping? Etc.

I'm thinking about stocking up on a few necessities, considering my issue with the PCB after 4 flights and a semi-brutal crash.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lee.
I must say they are very cheap and free shipping
I have heard of them and I have been to their page before as it came up as having history pages that i had been to but I never noticed that their shipping was free and yes I would say they are based in Hong Kong and ship directly from there I will bookmark then and have a good look as they seem to be a good place to do some bulk buying from.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:36 AM
Steve
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I must say they are very cheap and free shipping
I have heard of them and I have been to their page before as it came up as having history pages that i had been to but I never noticed that their shipping was free and yes I would say they are based in Hong Kong and ship directly from there I will bookmark then and have a good look as they seem to be a good place to do some bulk buying from.
Its free shipping if your order is over 2kg. I have just ordered 9116 parts which came to $26 and 0.41kg and they charged $7 shipping.
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
So Iwe dont have to buy bulk but can just order a few at a time if needed?
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:00 AM
Steve
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
If you choose the items you want to order and put them in your cart you can see what the shipping charges (if any) will be before you commit to buying.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester1 View Post
If you choose the items you want to order and put them in your cart you can see what the shipping charges (if any) will be before you commit to buying.
Strange On my 1 item and no matter how many I put in my cart and its well above 2kg I still have to pay for shipping up to $25.00 but if you put in a single item that is over 2kg eg helicopter then the shipping for that item is free even though it states on their front page Free World Wide Shipping
Last edited by Whizgig; Jan 29, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:53 PM
Steve
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Strange On my 1 item and no matter what I put in my cart even a gear it states free shipping
Unless it depends on which country they are shipping to maybe. Just to check I put some more items in the cart for $100 and they quoted $4 shipping - no free shipping option.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfeC View Post
Hey everyone, I came across Toys World Express tonight and was wondering if anyone has bought anything from them. How were they to work with? Where are they based? How was the shipping? Etc.

I'm thinking about stocking up on a few necessities, considering my issue with the PCB after 4 flights and a semi-brutal crash.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lee.
I don't recommend them. I ordered a new TX from them on 1/12/12. Order says processing. Checked their site and the item hasn't even been packaged. So I emailed them, and finally got a response. Since it hasn't been shipped I told them to cancel and refund my money. I expected it would ship before everyone went on holiday, but it didn't and I noticed they have only sold 3. No wonder!

Mike
mikesoftail03 is offline Find More Posts by mikesoftail03
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:22 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Here one you might try. 9 days from mainland China to my door in Canada.
http://www.rchelicopter7.com/double-...arts-c-92.html
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
I ordered some 9116 parts from egrandmart on eBay, they seem to have the best prices. 12$ for pcb board and 2.50$ for shipping. Think I got the parts in 10 days.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesoftail03 View Post
I ordered some 9116 parts from egrandmart on eBay, they seem to have the best prices. 12$ for pcb board and 2.50$ for shipping. Think I got the parts in 10 days.
Yes I buy allot of stuff from him and I haven't had any problems with him or his shipping
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesoftail03 View Post
I don't recommend them. I ordered a new TX from them on 1/12/12. Order says processing. Checked their site and the item hasn't even been packaged. So I emailed them, and finally got a response. Since it hasn't been shipped I told them to cancel and refund my money. I expected it would ship before everyone went on holiday, but it didn't and I noticed they have only sold 3. No wonder!

Mike
Hi Mike, Maybe thay bulk ship to each country to save on shipping I have come accross a few sellers on ebay and the web that do this and everytime I come accross one I cancel the order and order from someone else.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Yes I buy allot of stuff from him and I haven't had a
Fyi problems with him or his shipping
Their eBay store site said they are on holiday until Feb 6,
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
In the mean time, I got a new 9958 AND a new Hero H853 (26inch) from raidentech. 90$ including shipping in 5 days! The H853 is supposed to be a 9053 Version 2. I think it's actually a clone of the 9053! Anyways, been too windy, here but I've been working that 9958. Been a challenge, very quick in my living room, likes to take off straight for the book cases, couch etc. You name it!
Last edited by mikesoftail03; Jan 29, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
Aside from parts

Hey you guys just a quick note, Im having a blast w/this little heli, cheap parts(sometimes a chore to get them quickly)but I can now hover thiis 9116 on a dime,still have a time w/keeping my altitude even,but i love this thing ! Im now strategically placing bandaids over scuff marks(LOL) I was given a hobby grade heli by my wife for x-mas and have only flown it once w/a crash, no major damage but I will stay w/my 9116 awhile longer because crashes cost less!!
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglidec View Post
Hey you guys just a quick note, Im having a blast w/this little heli, cheap parts(sometimes a chore to get them quickly)but I can now hover thiis 9116 on a dime,still have a time w/keeping my altitude even,but i love this thing ! Im now strategically placing bandaids over scuff marks(LOL) I was given a hobby grade heli by my wife for x-mas and have only flown it once w/a crash, no major damage but I will stay w/my 9116 awhile longer because crashes cost less!!
Cool Keep it up and you will get there. You can fix up the scuff marks with a blue or orange texta.
Closed Thread