Closed Thread
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:05 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester1 View Post
Ref last post, I think I may have sorted out how to upload. This is most of my fleet - comprising of;

D/H 9053 Volitation x 2
D/H 9104 x 2
D/H 9100
D/H 9116
Syma 2 ch
Syma S032g
Ansmann Air Taxi - large scale 4 ch co-ax
Ansmann Skywolf - large scale 5 ch co-ax
Ansmann Squadleader - 4 ch military style co-ax
Ansmann Mounty - 4 ch Lama style co-ax
Walkera Lama - 4 ch co-ax
E-Sky Lama V4 - 4 ch 4 ch co-ax
Eflite Blade CX2 - 4 ch co-ax
E-Sky Co-Commanche - 4 ch miltary co-ax
Syma S026 Chinook - 3 ch I/R

Also a couple not pictured - another D/H9104 brand new in box and a Syma S022 large scale chinook.

I have just sold a CX2, CX3, MSR, Blade 120SR, Twister Hawk and a Blade SR full CCPM as the wife was getting on my case a bit

Got my new 9116 yesterday and got it set up ready to go when we get some decent weather - had to set it up in the garage!!
Wow!! what a fleet.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:07 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Hey Guys,
Had my 9053 for over two weeks now and think I am hooked with the RC helli's now. Ive done a huge amount of reading here and have learnt alot already.

Have gone ahead and ordered a FP 100 from hobby king, so I cn start to learn on a 4ch. Big plus I will be able to do it indoors as the weather of late has been pretty bad. Contemplating getting a 9116 also, so I can have a 4ch for outside.

The 9053 is proving to be quite tuff, in a big gust of wind yesterday I had a blade strike whilst about 25 mts up and nose dived into the road. Cracked the canopy which flew off. Bit of sticky tape and away it went. This is proving to be very addictive

My question with the 9116 is wether to go Mode 1 or Mode 2. I keep reading that Mode 1 is the way to go in Australia, however from what Ive read on this thread the guys here use Mode 2??? For those in Aus, most 9116 I see listed are Mode 1, where did you pick up your Mode 2's from

Cheers
Scott
Hi Scott and welcome to the forum
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester1 View Post
Hi all from the cold, wet & windswept UK . Can someone please tell me how to post a photo on to this thread.

Many thanks.
My humble apologies, Chester, for being so rude.

WELCOME !!!

Love the fleet, by the way...
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
...well, I've got the Walkera 22e 6ch CP TX physically switched over to mode 2 from mode 1, and all the controls checks out ok.

I've got a slight wobble on the main shaft, so I'll have to sort that out first, but I've got a spare main shaft here, so I'll swap it out tonight. I've levelled the swashplate and re-set the blade pitch to +2. I'll be flying it like a 4ch for quite some time, but I reckon I'll be ok if I take it easy. I'll charge up the Li-Po and double check everything is perfect tonight just to be sure, and I'll take her out for her first flight in 4 months.

I hope I don't take my head off.

Isn't it amazing what one can do with a wet day...

Wish me luck !!!
Last edited by stormforce; Jan 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Scott,

Don't change just because it may be the norm in Australia to use mode 1, if you use mode 1, fair enough, but if you already use mode 2, stick with the way you have already learnt. That way, the transition from Mode 2 - 4 channel Fixed Pitch to Mode 2 - 6 channel Collective Pitch will feel just as natural, if you wish to go that way. Your instinctive anticipation, in conjunction with your natural reflexes, will already be well honed on the 4ch FP.

Make a decision which mode to go with, then stick to it, it's less confusing and frustrating for you that way.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
Scott,

Don't change just because it may be the norm in Australia to use mode 1, if you use mode 1, fair enough, but if you already use mode 2, stick with the way you have already learnt. That way, the transition from Mode 2 - 4 channel Fixed Pitch to Mode 2 - 6 channel Collective Pitch will feel just as natural, if you wish to go that way. Your instinctive anticipation, in conjunction with your natural reflexes, will already be well honed on the 4ch FP.

Make a decision which mode to go with, then stick to it, it's less confusing and frustrating for you that way.
Hi Mick everyone I know who fly helli's and planes in Australia thoughout the RC clubs and comunity use mode 2 mode 1 is vertualy phazed out and was taken from the europian influence in Australia in the early days of RC but now if you go into any RC Hobby shop all TX units are in mode 2 and if they get in a mode 1 TX then they convert it to mode 2 but for some unkown reson all 3ch come in mode 4 which is very silly as then you have to change your hole way of thinking to go to a 4ch or 6ch and this is where it becomes a big problem haveing to lean all over again. But if you are still undesided then my advice to you is to ring a few hobby shops and ask them which one to use either mode 1 or 2.
Last edited by Whizgig; Jan 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:43 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Most of the 3ch co-axial and single blade heli's I've got came in mode 4, (throttle on the left stick, elevator and rudder on the right stick).

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html

Maybe I've been very lucky. The only mode 1 TX I've got so far is the Xieda 9958 I most recently bought. I've still got it, but don't use it, as I've bound the new Xieda 9958 to my first Xieda 9958 mode 2 tx.
Last edited by stormforce; Jan 28, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:50 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Last edited by Auflyer; Jan 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: double post
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:56 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Scott,

Mick,
So far I only have a 3ch 9053. However Im confused after looking at your link. The 9053 has throttle on the left, not the right as illustrated in your link for mode 1???? Anyway have ordered a FP100 from Hobby King in Mode 2. will be my first 4ch This is identical to a v911. I thought this would be good to learn on and then move to the 9116.

By the way every Australian ebay seller i have contacted only have mode 1 9116. Have not heard from Super hobby group, is that where you got yours from? How hard is it to swap the sticks over otherwise. Sorry for all the questions, alot to learn

Cheers
Scott
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:03 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Most of the 3ch heli's I've got came in mode 4, (throttle on the left stick, elevator and rudder on the right stick).

Maybe I've been very lucky with my. The Xieda 9958 I recently bought was however in Mode 1. I've still got it, but don't use it as I'm bound it to my other Xieda 9958 mode 2 tx.

I still can't get over the rudder being on the right stick. I think it is called mode 4.
opps no my mistake I got to used to writing mode 2 & 1 post has been edited thanks Mick for correcting me.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:06 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Mick,
So far I only have a 3ch 9053. However Im confused after looking at your link. The 9053 has throttle on the left, not the right as illustrated in your link for mode 1???? Anyway have ordered a FP100 from Hobby King in Mode 2. will be my first 4ch This is identical to a v911. I thought this would be good to learn on and then move to the 9116.

By the way every Australian ebay seller i have contacted only have mode 1 9116. Have not heard from Super hobby group, is that where you got yours from? How hard is it to swap the sticks over otherwise. Sorry for all the questions, alot to learn

Cheers
Scott
The mode image above is Mode 4, an adaption of Mode 2...
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:11 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Swapping the sticks over from mode 1 to mode 2 is relatively easy, as the programming in the 9116 tx lets you choose either option. The only thing you need to do is change the lever spring from the throttle that keeps the throttle stick from moving on it's own and remove the spring that keeps the stick centered and transfer the spring back to the opposite stick. There is a post on here with a blow by blow description on how to do it.

I bought my DH9116 from Hobby-Warehouse, they are extremely quick (they use AAE, an overnight courier) and their communication is second to none.

I bought my DH9101 and both my DH9100 from superhobbystore, shipping was quick enough through Aust. Post, but they are a bit slack in the communications department, but they are a tiny bit cheaper.

My Xieda 9958 is similar to the V911, except the balance bar on the V911 is on top, whereas the Xieda 9958 has it underneath like the Blade MSR.
Last edited by stormforce; Jan 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:11 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
The mode image above is Mode 4, an adaption of Mode 2...
Thanks, that clears that up. Where did you get your mode 2 9916 from??
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:01 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Thanks again Mick, just ordered a 9116 from Hobby - warehouse. Is mode 1, but will change over. Was cheapest around.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:34 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Here's the post with how to physically change over a DH9116 TX from mode 1 to mode 2.

Page 8, Post 106

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=106
Closed Thread