HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:14 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
My missus calls my heli's "the other woman". I just tell her, she can still do a few things they can't...

...then she hits me.
That's just too funny !!!!
mikesoftail03 is offline Find More Posts by mikesoftail03
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:54 AM
Tom
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
Thankyou to Mick (the saviour!!!)

Due to his help I have now got the helicopter in a much more manageable position. A few tweaks and she should be flying lovely.
Aussietom is offline Find More Posts by Aussietom
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
you are very welcome tom...

Everyone,

I chatted with tom last night for a few hours via a live chat through an instant messenger service. We re-set the transmitter back to OEM settings, then went through the swashplate leveling procedure and tom did a few test flights to double check, a few tweaks here and there, and by tom estimations, he's got it pretty close to a hands free hover.

So it can be done, it's just a matter of fully understanding the principles involved to mechanically adjust the swashplate correctly.

I wish tom many hours of joyful flying with his new helicopter, and I hope fate treats his helicopter kindly with a long and crash free life.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
you are very welcome tom...

Everyone,

I chatted with tom last night for a few hours via a live chat through an instant messenger service. We re-set the transmitter back to OEM settings, then went through the swashplate leveling procedure and tom did a few test flights to double check, a few tweaks here and there, and by tom estimations, he's got it pretty close to a hands free hover.

So it can be done, it's just a matter of fully understanding the principles involved to mechanically adjust the swashplate correctly.

I wish tom many hours of joyful flying with his new helicopter, and I hope fate treats his helicopter kindly with a long and crash free life.
Congratulations Tom and thanks Mick yes it dosn't take much work to get them near perfect you just need to know how and thats what this tread is all about getting people up and flying and enjoying the hobby.

Mick just got your parcel and thanks a million I have sent your disk off this morning and you should have it in a couple of days. Now all i need is the inner shaft to arrive today and I'll be back flying again.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:40 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
no worries eugene, I hope you get the inner shaft soon too.

You got it from hobbywarehouse in sydney didn't you?

If it was sent via normal Aust. Post parcel delivery service and as long as he made the cutoff pickup time on friday, and also considering it's so small, it may come as a normal registered small packet or eParcel, in which case it should be there in 2 - 5 business days (Aust. Post works 24/7, but disregard sunday due to low staffing levels), so to a regional country centre like where I am, I've found it's on average I normally get it on the 3rd day from sydney (one day in sydney, one day in tamworth, overnight transit to me), so it'll be in today's post or tomorrow's, at the absolute very latest, wednesday.

If it was sent via AAE (Aust. Air Express), it should be at the couriers today (usually between 12pm and 2pm) so you'll get it this arvo.
Last edited by stormforce; Jan 22, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:09 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
no worries eugene, I hope you get the inner shaft soon too.

You got it from hobbywarehouse in sydney didn't you?

If it was sent via normal Aust. Post parcel delivery service and as long as he made the cutoff pickup time on friday, and also considering it's so small, it may come as a normal registered small packet or eParcel, in which case it should be there in 2 - 5 business days (Aust. Post works 24/7, but disregard sunday due to low staffing levels), so to a regional country centre like where I am, I've found it's on average I normally get it on the 3rd day from sydney (one day in sydney, one day in tamworth, overnight transit to me), so it'll be in today's post or tomorrow's, at the absolute very latest, wednesday.

If it was sent via AAE (Aust. Air Express), it should be at the couriers today (usually between 12pm and 2pm) so you'll get it this arvo.
Yep it should be here today it was sent standard post so the posty should get here around 3-4 pm as it's a monday she normaly gets here at about 2pm.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
...cool, let me know if you get it.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:26 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Tom,

I'm off crook from work today, so I'll post your stuff tomorrow, ok.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:53 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Tom,

I'm off crook from work today, so I'll post your stuff tomorrow, ok.
Nah, you are not you just wanted to play with your heli's
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Yae The inner shaft has come and the heli's all fixed so i'm back flying again.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Nah, you are not you just wanted to play with your heli's
I wish...it's blowing a gale here at the moment, the only chance I have to fly is inside the house and thats not with the 9116, but the Xieda 9958.

Thunderstorms are popping up everywhere, and I reckon it'll be bucketting down by nightfall.

Not good for flying at all.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yae The inner shaft has come and the heli's all fixed so i'm back flying again.
that's excellent eugene, did you grab a couple extra, just in case?

My standard procedure is, if I break one part, there's a good chance I'll break it again, so I buy three, one to replace the part I broke, and two if I need them again later. After so many broken parts, I got a fairly large stockpile of spare parts, but I had a few items on the OEM spare parts list missing, so to finish off the parts collection, I grab them cheap in a bulk order from china, that way I'm not in dire need of them now, and they can take their time to arrive.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:39 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
that's excellent eugene, did you grab a couple extra, just in case?

My standard procedure is, if I break one part, there's a good chance I'll break it again, so I buy three, one to replace the part I broke, and two if I need them again later. After so many broken parts, I got a fairly large stockpile of spare parts, but I had a few items on the OEM spare parts list missing, so to finish off the parts collection, I grab them cheap in a bulk order from china, that way I'm not in dire need of them now, and they can take their time to arrive.
No not at their price $9.00 each lol I just got the one from them and orderd 10 of them from China for $19.00 a BIG differance in price so they are on thier way and for the moment i'm staying well away from the coffee table.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:51 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
yeah, hitting coffee tables isn't good for them. I keep hitting my metal verandah posts. Only snapped one set of blades so far though (fingers crossed).

My new main motor seems to be binding, for some reason, it's really tight. I've put some silicon oil into the bush beneath the pinion gear to see it that fixes it, but it needs to be worked through properly with a flight and I'm not game enough to fly it inside. When I get it flying it goes excellent, I've just got to spin it by hand first to free it. Unfortunately, there is no adjustment to back off the pinion from the main gear, as it's fixed, so I'm hoping once it wears in, it will be ok.

So have you got a blue canopy on your heli?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
yeah, hitting coffee tables isn't good for them. I keep hitting my metal verandah posts. Only snapped one set of blades so far though (fingers crossed).

My new main motor seems to be binding, for some reason, it's really tight. I've put some silicon oil into the bush beneath the pinion gear to see it that fixes it, but it needs to be worked through properly with a flight and I'm not game enough to fly it inside. When I get it flying it goes excellent, I've just got to spin it by hand first to free it. Unfortunately, there is no adjustment to back off the pinion from the main gear, as it's fixed, so I'm hoping once it wears in, it will be ok.

So have you got a blue canopy on your heli?
Yep a blue one I prefer the red. I had a motor that was doing the same thing in as yours in one of my gliders and it eventualy freed up and I got alot more flight time out of it once it did.
Closed Thread