RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,701 Posts
Sorry to highjack the thread, but Micks passing made copying this information
seem that much more important. Life is short. If I didn't do it now, I would
probably forget later, and you never know when the Good Lord will call you up
to join Him.

Again, my condolences to all who knew him personally.

* Posts moved to another thread out of respect. A little late now, sometimes I don't think.
I am very sorry if I offended anyone.
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Nov 20, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:15 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
Sorry to highjack the thread, but Micks passing made copying this information
seem that much more important. Life is short. If I didn't do it now, I would
probably forget later, and you never know when the Good Lord will call you up
to join Him.

Again, my condolences to all who knew him personally.
no thats fine Steve
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:53 AM
Beam me up Scotty!
United States, VA
Joined Nov 2012
153 Posts
I'm very sorry to read this today. My condolences to his family and friends.

Eric
Virginian is offline Find More Posts by Virginian
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,346 Posts
That's terrible news. Mick wasn't that old. I have been helping him learn about helis for a long time and he was one of the best "students" I ever had. I hadn't heard from him since he finally bought that quad, so he could stop destroying his pretty Walkera scale heli. What a shame!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:37 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
My condolences to all family and friends of stormforce. I had a lot of help through his efforts. May his journey onwards be smooth and flybarless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
Next copied mod, a LiPo Charging bag for poor people:
My new Charging "Bag", built from a scrap CD Rom drive.
I use a CDROM case too.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:44 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
I haven't been on here for a while as life has put this hobby on the back burner for a while but had to jump in after whizgig emailed me last night. Mick or stormforce's was instrumental to me loving this hobby. He always had time to explain tricks and tips to a newbie and would always answer my questions. We exchanged parts and he even sent me his old walkers 22e to tinker with for free. He only lived several hours from me and we joked about catching up one day for a fly and a beer. So mick I hope you are at peace and my thoughts with your loved ones at this time. Regards Scott
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,179 Posts
I'd like to let this thread end with the condolences to Mick, who was here since the beginning. It's his baby in big parts.
He was a true teacher, showed many of us a way and I think he deserves it.
So please let us continue with all problems, technical issues and small talk regarding the 9116 here.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:52 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
And yes Balr14 Mick was only 47 and we spoke on steam 2-3 hours before hand about our heli's and that he was about to order yet another heli, his partner is at this moment packing up all of his heli's and parts and tools ect to sell them cheaply to someone in the area where they live.

I will pass on everyones condolences to Mick's family.

Thank you.

Well goodbye Mate, till we meet again and have a beer and do some flyin together.

The thread will continue here.

Eugene.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Nov 21, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:41 AM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
And yes Balr14 Mick was only 47 and we spoke on steam 2-3 hours before hand about our heli's and that he was about to order yet another heli, his partner is at this moment packing up all of his heli's and parts and tools ect to sell them cheaply to someone in the area where they live.

I will pass on everyones condolences to Mick's family.

Thank you.

Well goodbye Mate, till we meet again and have a beer and do some flyin together.

The thread will continue here.

Eugene.
I am saddened to read that stormforce is no longer with us. Although i am ten years older than he. When ever i post a question, i was like the younger brother waiting to hear valuable information from a older brother. I remember reading awhile back someone asking had anyone heard from stormforce.It was in june that he gave me valuable information on how to setup my walkera 4f180. That was the last time i heard from him.I will miss you fellow pilot. If it is true that you find all the things you love in heaven . Than brother you are in a place where your batteries will never run low.Until we meet again, spoolup and fly high. - James, Henderson - aka ( oldspool ).
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
You will be missed

First to Micks family, my prayers are with you,its so sad to lose a loved one so young and so unexpectently. I just want to say that without Micks curiosity and experimentation and then posting his findings I would have given up on this hobby long ago,he greatly influenced my decision not to give up and to move forward. The 9116 was my intro into the mode 2 helis and with Micks special kind of dedication to this thread ,he indirectly helped me gain the confidence to move up to 6ch CP helis. Mick , now you are Flying with the Angels which is where ,I think, we all ultimately wish to be someday. Many Thanks Again ,You will be sorely missed. Steve
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Missed

Deepest condolences. Very sad.
salvager is offline Find More Posts by salvager
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Nov 2012
27 Posts
i have the new guy moron 9116 question of the week, what is the proper way to remove the canopy from those flimsy looking side clips. i want to put modeling clay in the nose so it will go foreward better and velcro the battery on the bottom. so far i am very un impressed with the 9116. the wl toys v911 that i got at the same time totally kicks arse
hawkfiend37 is offline Find More Posts by hawkfiend37
Last edited by hawkfiend37; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:38 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfiend37 View Post
i have the new guy moron 9116 question of the week, what is the proper way to remove the canopy from those flimsy looking side clips. i want to put modeling clay in the nose so it will go foreward better and velcro the battery on the bottom. so far i am very un impressed with the 9116. the wl toys v911 that i got at the same time totally kicks arse
Hi
I do not know if you're serious, but to remove the canopy, you place two fingers on the frame of the chopper and the thumb and another finger pulls you out the side of the canopy and you're done. Do not forget to remove the screw under the chopper for release the canopy.
Bye Gilles
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,047 Posts
Actually, after a few flights the canopy screw will vibrate out unless you check it religously...I've been flying my 9104 without the screw in there for quite a while with no ill effects.
matiac is online now Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:12 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
On mine I drilled out the posts and switched to screws for the canopy.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread