HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,444 Posts
That is excellent information! I might try that.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
The more I lightened my 9116 the greater it's tendency to drift to the right due to the tail motor thrust being below the plane of rotation of the main rotor blades. Eventually I ran out of swashplate adjustment and it would still drift right and I couldn't bank left at all. What I did to correct it was make a plastic vertical tail fin and mounted the tail motor so it's axis was 1 3/4" higher than stock. Now the swashplate is level and I can bank equally in both directions. Just thought I'd post this for anyone else out there that had the same problem.
Hi
Have you a photo of this modification ?

Ok, I find it at the end of the page......

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=37

Bye Gilles
OrangeBird is online now Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Nov 27, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Constantly slips my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post
Mike your a legend....thanks!!!....as for the low voltage buzzer....I will get one.

Thanks
I really need to order one. Keep forgetting to add this to my orders. :-(
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,470 Posts
Tail boom photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Hi
Have you a photo of this modification ?
Bye Gilles
I'll have to wait until one of my sons are visiting to post a photo. I'm basically computer illiterate and have no idea how I would do it. If there's any interest,at that time I'll also post pictures of my other mods, which were done to lighten it and enhance motor cooling. They change the 9116's performance from that of a loaded dump truck to a Corvette. I apologize for not being able to do it now.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Arrrgh had a crash today and no parts seem to look broken and the servos are still working but when I try and fly it after turning it on an off and rebinding the heli was hard to control.

I tried adjusting the servos arms and now it will hardly yaws to the right?

Help lol.... ?

###update - found it ...broken inner shaft
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Last edited by jonnewbie; Nov 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:21 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnewbie View Post
Arrrgh had a crash today and no parts seem to look broken and the servos are still working but when I try and fly it after turning it on an off and rebinding the heli was hard to control.

I tried adjusting the servos arms and now it will hardly yaws to the right?

Help lol.... ?

###update - found it ...broken inner shaft
no prob - get a nail or else - 2,4mm diameter, a saw and a drill bit:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750650
-mike.
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:13 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
565 Posts
Quote:
The more I lightened my 9116 the greater it's tendency to drift to the right due to the tail motor thrust being below the plane of rotation of the main rotor blades. Eventually I ran out of swashplate adjustment and it would still drift right and I couldn't bank left at all. What I did to correct it was make a plastic vertical tail fin and mounted the tail motor so it's axis was 1 3/4" higher than stock. Now the swashplate is level and I can bank equally in both directions. Just thought I'd post this for anyone else out there that had the same problem.
Hi Pa Flyer
I copied your idea and here's what it looks like. Is that what I should do to be like you?
I made my first flight with this change, but at night and the helico seems to go differently,,,,, to follow

Bye Gilles
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:39 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
565 Posts
Quote:
OK
After 3 flights at night (help by the street lights) I think that with this modification the helicop and several adjustments of swashplate, is much better. The landing are softer ....to follow
Gilles
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
no prob - get a nail or else - 2,4mm diameter, a saw and a drill bit:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750650
-mike.
Great link!

Thanks
jonnewbie is offline Find More Posts by jonnewbie
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:46 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Hi Pa Flyer
I copied your idea and here's what it looks like. Is that what I should do to be like you?
I made my first flight with this change, but at night and the helico seems to go differently,,,,, to follow

Bye Gilles
That's the idea. On mine the tail boom is a piece of carbon arrow shaft that I slotted at the end and epoxied in a flat piece of plastic that is angled like yours. I drilled four holes in the plastic and attached the tail motor/rotor holder to it. Good job.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,470 Posts
Enjoyhobbies.biz

Anybody know what happened to Enjoyhobbies.biz web site? I tried to get on today to order a pcb (Gyro went South) and I get a message that it doesn't exist.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:48 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
565 Posts
Quote:
Anybody know what happened to Enjoyhobbies.biz web site? I tried to get on today to order a pcb (Gyro went South) and I get a message that it doesn't exist.
Hi

Call at : www.banggood.com
bye Gilles
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Nov 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:54 AM
Zambia, Lusaka
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Try RCfever as well, prices are good
Zamjustice is online now Find More Posts by Zamjustice
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:53 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
United States, VA
Joined Nov 2012
166 Posts
Hi,

Just got my DH9116. Love it, for the money it's hard to beat. Quick question, for the batteries, are you guys using velcro to hold in place vs. plastic battery strap with 2 screws? Kind of a pain having to remove and reinstall every battery pack.

Great thread & thanks!
Virginian is offline Find More Posts by Virginian
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,470 Posts
TX problem

Not my day today. First a gyro went bad: now a problem with a tx. I noticed that I couldn't bank to the right very well. Checked and found out that there was very limited downward movement in the right (looking from the back) servo arm. It works OK with my other tx. Took it apart and cleaned up and increased the tension in the potentiometer (excuse me if that is the wrong terminology, I don't know much about electronics). Still does the same thing. So does that mean that my problem is in one of the boards? Don't know what else it could be.

Also, just a bit of information. I experimented with one inch longer Walkera blades in conjunction with a lengthened tail boom. Went back to the stock blades. They had too much lift: headspeed was too low for my liking and it reduced the heli's ability to fight the wind.
Closed Thread