Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:35 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Thanks guys.
Didn't understand the difference between trim and subtrim.

Are the EPA only one way?
I'd think you could set both ends, no?
Subtrims are the trim settings in the TX-menu. Only these are saved if you turn off the TX.
You'll find a summary in stormforce's blog:

Trims are the settings done with the trim buttons near the corresponding sticks.
These trim-settings are lost if you turn your TX off - they will reset to neutral.

The EPA settings affect both ends simultaneously.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:53 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Yes EPA can be positive and negative settings to shorten the throw each way.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:33 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,495 Posts
Last night I decided to try and return my 9116's to active service. My first one (blue) had become very twitchy, often not binding or if it did, cutting out for a second or two every 10-20 seconds of flight... I had tried swapping motors and the battery but I figured it was the PCB so I replaced that and now it seems to fly ok indoors - we'll see how it goes outside.

The orange 9116 is a few months newer. It's been defective since I first fired it up, continually twitching out or not powering up the motor. I tried soldering below the red wire loop on the pcb and that seemed to help but my range was very small. I played with the PCB but never figured it out so I swapped it out for a new PCB last night. That seems to have helped for indoor flight.

It's a nice little helicopter to fly so long as you are lucky to have one that was built well, follow stormforce's manual for setting it up, and are familiar with all the helpful information on this forum.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
i have one it is blue , it is good to learn with , but i recently wore out the tail rotor motor, it took a little process of elimination to figure out it isd the tail motor . i found a web site which sells the tail motor alone , for 3.00 so i will buy 3 of them to have spare parts, the heli does take a pretty goo beating , and will still fly great, got one !
\
xxwildbillxx is offline Find More Posts by xxwildbillxx
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:19 AM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Howdy all,
The weather was great here in Utah. So I decited to take my dog and my 9116 to a park nearby after voting. This was the first time to let her rip into the big blue. Wind was almost non exsitant so I was very optimistic and excited after all the setup and practice, hovering in the backyard and on the simulator.

Just to recap. My first heli came DOA with a bad PCB. I replaced it with one off of eBay while waiting for BH to take care of the issue.

Now for my noobness.

Apparently my new PCB does not throw both servos up when applying full forward stick. I thought it was weird when I leveling the swashplate but this being my first FP heli I just didn't know any better. My flight today was very disappointing, "this thing kinda sucks" so I came home and checked the servo action on my BH replacement and sure thing, looks like I need another PCB. I checked the warranty and I'm out of luck. I checked the solder on it before I installed it. I also thought it weird that it has a different layout then the old one.

I thought some of you might get a kick out of this.

Neil
NeilGerrard is offline Find More Posts by NeilGerrard
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:15 AM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxwildbillxx View Post
i have one it is blue , it is good to learn with , but i recently wore out the tail rotor motor, it took a little process of elimination to figure out it isd the tail motor . i found a web site which sells the tail motor alone , for 3.00 so i will buy 3 of them to have spare parts, the heli does take a pretty goo beating , and will still fly great, got one !
\
Good morning xxwildbillxx. Where did you get the tail motor for $3.00. I just replaced a main motor and tail unit. I think i better stock up.
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,501 Posts
Cheap motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSpool View Post
Good morning xxwildbillxx. Where did you get the tail motor for $3.00. I just replaced a main motor and tail unit. I think i better stock up.
On page 32 of Banggood.com's helicopter parts they have the tail motors for $3.80.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Last edited by Pa flyer; Nov 08, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: wrong info
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:43 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
On page 32 of Banggood.com's helicopter parts they have the tail motors for $3.80.
Hi
How to find by Page on Banggood.com ?
Ok , I find ( search ) ( helicopter parts )
Gilles
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:05 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Hi
How to find by Page on Banggood.com ?
Ok , I find ( search ) ( helicopter parts )
Gilles
Klick me
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:35 PM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Honey Bee tail motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamjustice View Post
Hi Guys,

I read a lot about the regular replacements of blown or soft tail motors and having replaced 6 on my 9116 i finally decided to tinker with a few options. What I've found is that the best upgrade is the direct drive motor for a Honey Bee CP3. I've attached a few photo's of the mod and after several test flights I'm really happy with the results. I even had to dial in a bit of rudder expo into the transmitter as the response from the tail was little to quick. At around $5.80 i think its a worth while mod. The CP3 uses a 3S lipo so after a flight with a full battery the motor is just warm.

I removed the standard motor, cut away the plastic gear and its housing and the new motor fitted right in, soldered on the wires after checking rotation. I did have to add a little weight to the nose of the canopy to get the COG right, and have not noticed a drop in performance due to the extra weight.

I have been flying this mod for a few weeks now as i didn't want to pass on any bad info. See the following for the spares required to do the upgrade (http://www.rc711.com/shop/tail-motor...ath=166_22_156 and http://www.rc711.com/shop/tail-blade...ath=166_22_156)

Enjoy
Just wanted to let you know that I ordered the tail motor and blade for both of my 9116 and I'm very happy with the way the tail motor behaves. These motor are such a better quality than the original motors and it was very easy to install. The hardest part was to remove the white gear from the tail housing.

Mikefromgermany - have you received and installed yours?
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:05 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdigiovabc View Post
Just wanted to let you know that I ordered the tail motor and blade for both of my 9116 and I'm very happy with the way the tail motor behaves. These motor are such a better quality than the original motors and it was very easy to install. The hardest part was to remove the white gear from the tail housing.

nope - not arrived yet. shipped 11/05/2010.
so it may take a month more
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Quote:

hi all,

im in upgrading my tail motor like you honey bee cp3, cause the stock just burn out
so how you remove the white gear or just have to cut it?
cokelat70 is offline Find More Posts by cokelat70
Last edited by cokelat70; Nov 09, 2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:43 AM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokelat70 View Post
hi all,

im in upgrading my tail motor like you honey bee cp3, cause the stock just burn out
The white gear is pressed on and I was not able to get it off. On the first one i did, I cut it off with my dremel and then pushed out the metal shaft and bushings. On the 2nd one I just cut out the housing for the white gear and just left the part where the motor gets bolted on.
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:37 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokelat70 View Post
hi all,

Hi
It's very simple
Remouve the tail blade, push the shaft outwards with a small nail and a small hammer.
Good change
Gilles
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
The white gear is pressed on and I was not able to get it off. On the first one i did, I cut it off with my dremel and then pushed out the metal shaft and bushings. On the 2nd one I just cut out the housing for the white gear and just left the part where the motor gets bolted on.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Hi
It's very simple
Remouve the tail blade, push the shaft outwards with a small nail and a small hammer.
Good change
Gilles
Ahh.. that good, too bad i already cut it
cokelat70 is offline Find More Posts by cokelat70
Closed Thread