Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
Thanks Mike

If I was to charge more than one battery can the be difference mah's?
yes. balance charging means every single cell of every batt will be treated separatly - so capacity doesn't matter.
AS LONG AS EVERY BATT IS THE SAME TYPE - e.g. only LiPo or all LiIo!
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Howdy,

Just got in from doing a little beginners flight in the backyard with my blue hell. I wish I could stop the balance bar strikes. I did spare the canopy this time but not the tail boom, it's taken a few good bangs. Banana Hobby finally came through with a new PCB for my DOA. They were nice enough to leave it attached to a new orange hell and also send a new TX with it. It took them about a month and a half to take care of me but I have to thank them for the extra stuff. During the wait I ordered and had received a new PCB and installed it. I need to remedy the balance bar issue. I know like stop crashing right I've read a lot about people cutting the bar down but has anyone tried paddles, like the MSR mod for the V911?

These cheap mystery 900mah 15C's work great good thing I got 4 of them.

I've ordered up a new V911 from Banggood along with 5 150mah batteries and a charger. I've also got the MSR fly bar waiting for it.

Dang it. I think I'm addicted.

Neil.
NeilGerrard is offline Find More Posts by NeilGerrard
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:03 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilGerrard View Post
Howdy,

Just got in from doing a little beginners flight in the backyard with my blue hell. I wish I could stop the balance bar strikes. I did spare the canopy this time but not the tail boom, it's taken a few good bangs. Banana Hobby finally came through with a new PCB for my DOA. They were nice enough to leave it attached to a new orange hell and also send a new TX with it. It took them about a month and a half to take care of me but I have to thank them for the extra stuff. During the wait I ordered and had received a new PCB and installed it. I need to remedy the balance bar issue. I know like stop crashing right I've read a lot about people cutting the bar down but has anyone tried paddles, like the MSR mod for the V911?

These cheap mystery 900mah 15C's work great good thing I got 4 of them.

I've ordered up a new V911 from Banggood along with 5 150mah batteries and a charger. I've also got the MSR fly bar waiting for it.

Dang it. I think I'm addicted.

Neil.
Hi Neil!
You'll find solutions to your problem there:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750650
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Hello. I just got this helicopter at the beginning of the week and now have an issue.

Long version:
I flew it once every day. On the 2nd day, the helicopter would always spin clockwise. The trim wasn't helping enough so I set the subtrim of the rudder to 35 (negative 35?) and that fixed it. After another two days, it was spinning clockwise and I set the subtrim to 65 (negative 65?) and that fixed it. Now, a few more flights later, there is no amount of subtrim that will fix it. The helicopter DOES turn counter clockwise if the rudder stick is pushed left but that's just not practical and extremely difficult to fly.

Short version: heli won't stop spinning clockwise no matter how much subtrim is set.

Is the rudder too fast? The rotor too slow? The PCB shot? Is it a TX issue? Anybody have any ideas?
InTr4nceWeTrust is offline Find More Posts by InTr4nceWeTrust
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:03 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTr4nceWeTrust View Post
Hello. I just got this helicopter at the beginning of the week and now have an issue.

Long version:
I flew it once every day. On the 2nd day, the helicopter would always spin clockwise. The trim wasn't helping enough so I set the subtrim of the rudder to 35 (negative 35?) and that fixed it. After another two days, it was spinning clockwise and I set the subtrim to 65 (negative 65?) and that fixed it. Now, a few more flights later, there is no amount of subtrim that will fix it. The helicopter DOES turn counter clockwise if the rudder stick is pushed left but that's just not practical and extremely difficult to fly.

Short version: heli won't stop spinning clockwise no matter how much subtrim is set.

Is the rudder too fast? The rotor too slow? The PCB shot? Is it a TX issue? Anybody have any ideas?
Set the rudder subtrim to 120 R (reads A in the display)
no improvement? if no:
Do the gyro test - you'll find it there: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750650
Does the gyro work? if yes:
Check main motor (eventually check the positive motor brush for excessive wear, too), gear and and shaft bearings for friction or bind.
nothing found?
check solder points of the MOSFETs - give them a little retouch with a soldering iron
still no improvement?
You'll need a new PCB.
Good luck!
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Set the rudder subtrim to 120 R (reads A in the display)
no improvement? if no:
Do the gyro test - you'll find it there: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750650
Does the gyro work? if yes:
Check main motor (eventually check the positive motor brush for excessive wear, too), gear and and shaft bearings for friction or bind.
nothing found?
check solder points of the MOSFETs - give them a little retouch with a soldering iron
still no improvement?
You'll need a new PCB.
Good luck!
-mike-
I already had the subtrim set to 120R (A). I'll charge it up and give the rest of the tests a try. Thanks.
InTr4nceWeTrust is offline Find More Posts by InTr4nceWeTrust
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:20 AM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Hi Neil!
You'll find solutions to your problem there:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750650
-mike-
I can't thank you Mike, and all the rest of you for your help and information.
NeilGerrard is offline Find More Posts by NeilGerrard
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Suitable Drive/Tail Motor

This thread is so huge I can't even find things I've already read in it anymore!

Anyway on to my question have we found a reliable replacement to the main and tail motors? I think my main motor is finally on its way out.
It's really weak even on a full charge. I will just replace them with stock if we don't have anyone reliably running another setup. It looks as if a lot of the retailers(here in the US) are sold out of the tail motors and if I can just replace both with stronger aftermarket I would rather do that.
CrazyLegsFE is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLegsFE
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
TX and Rec re-solder

Does anyone have photos of the PCB boards that need to be re-soldered for Tx and receiver.
E28hfd is offline Find More Posts by E28hfd
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:17 PM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLegsFE View Post
This thread is so huge I can't even find things I've already read in it anymore!

Anyway on to my question have we found a reliable replacement to the main and tail motors? I think my main motor is finally on its way out.
It's really weak even on a full charge. I will just replace them with stock if we don't have anyone reliably running another setup. It looks as if a lot of the retailers(here in the US) are sold out of the tail motors and if I can just replace both with stronger aftermarket I would rather do that.
I have read too many post that were basically telling me that motor upgrades on this helicopter may fix one problem and start another. I also wanted to do motor upgrades. But i have learned to fly this bird fairly well, with very few crash. To the point, I really enjoy flying stock. Some stock motors do burn out quicker than others. The original main motor for my 9116 last three months. The stock replacement last three week, only 24 flights.Today i installed my third main & tail motor. My only upgrade is spacers for the canopy mounts and a yellow paint job with flames. I may later put spacers in the blade grips, But the purpose of this sub hobby grade helicopter is to learn to fly. And i love flying it , just stock. ( go to www.thinkrc.com ). main motor $8.00 --- tail unit --- $10.00. Van Nuys, Ca. delivery time one week.
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:33 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E28hfd View Post
Does anyone have photos of the PCB boards that need to be re-soldered for Tx and receiver.
1. retouch the solder connections of the crystal (silver can) on smaller board - it may be upside down on newer boards
2. bend the small board till it's parallel to main PCB
3. retouch the connections (black block lower right on picture) between the crystal board and main PCB
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Try this one:
http://customers.skymesh.net.au/%7Em...ech_manual.pdf
All in there, mate.
-mike-
I bought a 9116 tx for my V911s.

This link was kind of helpful.

Anyone have a link (or explanation) of subtrim and epa?

For instance, the TX gives way more back elevator and way less forward than my 911 TX.
I'm wondering if I have some setting incorrect.
All subtims are 0.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:49 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post

For instance, the TX gives way more back elevator and way less forward than my 911 TX.
All subtims are 0.
Ok so all of your trims are at 0 now what about your sub trims in the menu are they at 0 as well?

when you tur on the TX and the heli and they bind are your servo arms in the center of thier throw ( as in when you turn the servo arm to it full limits of left and right without the rod conected to it and return it to the center point and then turn on the TX and heli and take note of where the arm moves to) if its not center the take of the arm and center it manualy, do this for all of the servo's then manualy set up the swash plate ect and do the last slight adjustments in the sub menu and save it as normal trims with the buttons will not be saved when you turn off the TX.

For further infomation about setups ect Look at Stormforces blog by clicking on his name in the left colum of any one of these pages and also check out mikefromgermany's blog as well.

EPA End Point Adjustment means how far the arm will move left and right for the servo's so again make sure the EPA has no value in the sub menu for it.

Ok Standard trim is useing the trims to trim the heli as you would with any analog TX, but with the 9116 TX if you use these trims when you turn off the TX all the trims will be deleted and be set back to 0, so this is where Sub Trim realy means an uderlying trim in the menu that you use to save your trim settings for real and they don't get deleted as they are programed into the program of the TX and then the standard trim is only used for inflight trimming depending on the inviroment you are flying in at the time.

I hope this helps you.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Nov 05, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:10 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post

All subtims are 0.
Subtrims Zero - al right.
EPA slow: around 40% EPA Quick: 100+x %
further assistance getting the 911 dialed in you'll find here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Subtrims Zero - al right.
EPA slow: around 40% EPA Quick: 100+x %
further assistance getting the 911 dialed in you'll find here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027
-mike-
Thanks guys.
Didn't understand the difference between trim and subtrim.

Are the EPA only one way?
I'd think you could set both ends, no?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Closed Thread