Closed Thread
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:42 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Has anyone tried putting different rotor blades on their 9116? I would like something about an inch longer and stiffer than the stock ones. I was wondering if maybe 9117 blades would work: they would have the length but I don't know about the stiffness.
Hi

DH9100 ( 4 channels )

I did some tests with longer blades (blade FX059) 1 CM longer than OEM ( for each main blade ). Result, I believe it is slower to react. But I could not test it without wind ....
I also back the tail assembly 1 CM, because the main blade touching the tail blade.
I also changed the tail blade for FX059 including the white gear.
I also removed the screw head to replace it with a piece of electrical copper wire, so I can change the head in 5 seconds
You see also spacer for each main blade ( very important )
You see also home made holders canopy ( no OEM holder in stock )
You see also tail protector ( upright tail blade ) protec tail motor and tail blade

Gilles
Name: DH9100.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 138.4 KB
Description: Name: DH9100 tail.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 141.1 KB
Description: Name: DH9100 Head.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 172.5 KB
Description:
OrangeBird is online now Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Oct 31, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Longer blades have more stability because they increase blade tip speed.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZ View Post
Wind died down enough this evening to get out and give my new DH9116 a second try. The thing would not stop spinning clockwise no matter how much trim I applied. Crashed several times and put the flybar through the canopy twice. So the canopy is pretty much trash and flybar was bent so I just straightened it out. But everything else seems to work if I can get it to stop spinning. I saw the Swashplate to Servo Arm Adjustable Linkage by Stormforce. I am guessing that this is what I need to do? I am new to this and not sure how hard this would be to do. I was hoping to be able to just change some setting on the controller.

Doug
Stormforce did an excellent job with the tutorial. The only thing missing follows:

As you all know by now the manual for the 9116 is worthless. Start by referencing the following manual:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4971241

This will teach you everything you need to know with one exception. That is how to trim out the 9116 when it is pulling back on the take-off. What I found is that there is a problem with the center of gravity (COG). The COG was too far to the rear.

Here is a reference on where the COG should be located:

http://2bfly.com/knowledgebase/fligh...ncing-and-c-g/

The image shows that the COG should line up with the main shaft. To determine if the COG is too far to the rear, put a rod underneath the landing skids. Roll the 9116 forward and backward on the rod to determine the COG. The rod should line up with the main shaft almost perfectly. Mine was too far to the rear of the 9116. In other words, the 9116 balanced on the rod when the rod was to the rear of the main shaft. To compensate, I put fishing weights into the nose of the 9116. When done, the 9116 balanced on the rod at the COG. It is okay if it is off a tiny bit. That can be compensated for in the trim. Just try to get as close as possible.

That was all it took. After that the 9116 trimmed out I had a near perfect take-off and hover. It was necessary to do some minor adjustments to the trim while in flight. Beyond that there was no further problem.

Finally, be certain to follow the instructions in the manual to learn about leveling the swash plate if there continues to be hovering/take-off issues.

Woot! Have a good time with this one. It is great fun!
warbstar is offline Find More Posts by warbstar
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:31 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbstar View Post
Stormforce did an excellent job with the tutorial. The only thing missing follows:

As you all know by now the manual for the 9116 is worthless. Start by referencing the following manual:

This will teach you everything you need to know with one exception. That is how to trim out the 9116 when it is pulling back on the take-off. What I found is that there is a problem with the center of gravity (COG). The COG was too far to the rear.

The image shows that the COG should line up with the main shaft. To determine if the COG is too far to the rear, put a rod underneath the landing skids. Roll the 9116 forward and backward on the rod to determine the COG. The rod should line up with the main shaft almost perfectly. Mine was too far to the rear of the 9116. In other words, the 9116 balanced on the rod when the rod was to the rear of the main shaft. To compensate, I put fishing weights into the nose of the 9116. When done, the 9116 balanced on the rod at the COG. It is okay if it is off a tiny bit. That can be compensated for in the trim. Just try to get as close as possible.

That was all it took. After that the 9116 trimmed out I had a near perfect take-off and hover. It was necessary to do some minor adjustments to the trim while in flight. Beyond that there was no further problem.

Finally, be certain to follow the instructions in the manual to learn about leveling the swash plate if there continues to be hovering/take-off issues.

Mick (stormforce) must have forgotten to add it - nevertheless he posted it
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2986

regards
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Double Horse 9116 Trim - Pulling Backwards on Takeoff

warbstar is offline Find More Posts by warbstar
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:45 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,431 Posts
warbstar, thanks for the reminder - I've added it in my Troubleshooting manual
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22988195
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
Hey guys! Been reading this thread for a bit over a week now, up to page 136. I'm feel that I know most of y'all pretty well by now.

I've only been flying for a few weeks now and I already have in my hanger a 9116, 9117, and my starter the MJX F649. I've been having just as much fun modding these heli's as I have been flying them.

Most of my questions have been asked by others and answered, but I have one that involves all these batteries that I got laying around.

I'm needing a balance charger that I can charge more that one battery and charge them correctly. Can ya help me out? What do I need?

Thanks guys, I off to catch up on this thread.
Chaplin is offline Find More Posts by Chaplin
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:30 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
Hey guys! Been reading this thread for a bit over a week now, up to page 136. I'm feel that I know most of y'all pretty well by now.

I've only been flying for a few weeks now and I already have in my hanger a 9116, 9117, and my starter the MJX F649. I've been having just as much fun modding these heli's as I have been flying them.

Most of my questions have been asked by others and answered, but I have one that involves all these batteries that I got laying around.

I'm needing a balance charger that I can charge more that one battery and charge them correctly. Can ya help me out? What do I need?

Thanks guys, I off to catch up on this thread.
You can buy any decent charger - a lot of B6 clones are available.
I use an Accucell 6 - with the right harness I can serial-charge up to 3 2S-packs at the same time.
Unfortunately you have to make some serial harnesses - or buy them - according to the pic (for 2 2S-packs) below.
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:01 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jul 2012
119 Posts
hello fellows, I have an easy question,
I have this charging cable http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...r-p-51891.html and a B6 charger, and 3 1 cell 3,7v 600 mah li-po batteries.
to charge them at the same time what option should I chose? 3 cell 11,1 v or 1 cell 3,7 v at 600 mah?
letsstart78 is offline Find More Posts by letsstart78
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:07 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,920 Posts
Found this on YouTube:

Double Horse 9116 , 9117 Transmitter Backlight Mod (1 min 7 sec)
Steve_ is online now Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HK450GT Lights
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
letsstart78,

This thread covers your situation nicely. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932319

To start you need to determine how the cable is wired. Once that is determined you can select the appropriate method from the thread above.

-Josh
CrazyLegsFE is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLegsFE
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:00 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsstart78 View Post
hello fellows, I have an easy question,
I have this charging cable http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...r-p-51891.html and a B6 charger, and 3 1 cell 3,7v 600 mah li-po batteries.
to charge them at the same time what option should I chose? 3 cell 11,1 v or 1 cell 3,7 v at 600 mah?
3 cell 11.1V @ 400mA
or Auto @ 400mA
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Nov 02, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:50 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
635 Posts
Hi
It is useful to keep the backlight on for TX ?
Gilles
OrangeBird is online now Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:20 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Hi
It is useful to keep the backlight on for TX ?
Gilles
not really imho.
you only need the display for programming it or setting subtrims - no need to look on the display while flying - the only buttons you will need the are the trim buttons.
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
Thanks Mike

If I was to charge more than one battery can the be difference mah's?
Chaplin is offline Find More Posts by Chaplin
Closed Thread