Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:15 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEWARTYBOY View Post
Thank you my good man

I shall go forth and order a new tail motor and let you know how it goes , 10.50 from the uk for the motor and boom or 3.21 from our friends stateside , I know where I will be doing my shopping (thanks Gilles )

cheers Mike - appreciated
neither, nor - 10 USD for 3 - at banggood....
search for 9100 tails - they are cheaper but the same :-)
http://www.banggood.com/buy/9100/ind...0-0_page1.html
but if you want the bird as fast in the air as possible you have to buy a expensive one at your LHS
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:34 AM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Good day everyone' a few day's ago I thought i would have a little fun and do a custom paint job on my 9116. I have read several times that the pros like a yellow canopy because it is highly visible. So what do you guy's think?
OldSpool is offline Find More Posts by OldSpool
Last edited by OldSpool; Oct 16, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:49 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSpool View Post
Good day everyone' a few day's ago I thought i would have a little fun and do a custom paint job on my 9116. I have read several times that the pros like a yellow canopy because it is highly visible. So what do you guy's think?
There's no accounting for taste.
You can do whatever you like
I did no custom paintwork at my 3 9116 at all - kept just the 3 different original canopies. This bird is neither fast nor small enough to need a "visibility-enhancement" imho. I like even the dark 9100 canopy best, and it works for me.
for my much smaller V929 I did a lumo yellow mod and it really helps a lot keeping it tracked.
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...15-929-Day.jpg
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEWARTYBOY View Post
A big thanks to husky spade too for giving me the link to the cheap parts
Happy I could be of some help!
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:32 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
719 Posts
Spare parts

As said ROADGLIDEC, when you have a DH9116 and if you want flight time, you need spare parts. This is not a boat or a car. The DH9100 is the best for spare parts.

Bye Gilles
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Oct 16, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Yellow flaming hot 9116.
Last edited by OldSpool; Oct 16, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:02 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
719 Posts
Quote:
Yellow flaming hot 9116.
Good job..............
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, PA, Airville
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
a dh9116 success story

so anyway, ive been flying my dh9116 for a while (4 months or so) and its been pretty good, broke a few (3-4) gyros due to crashes and stupidity, but whatever...anyways my point here is, i lost one of the helis (brand new at that) in a tree, and (im a contractor and have access to ladders/scaffolding) used the largest ladder i could find to get it out. i think it was a 40ft ladder, with me dangling from it with a 20 ft conduit (pvc pipe) in my hand. so long story short it was up there....and the only hope i had was the fact that the battery had been seperated and retrieved. Meaning that the circuits would not have power and possibly not mess it up (yea ok...wishful thinking)

so i gave up, after 3 v911's (flew back to china) and 2 dh9116's (one in tree, one for parts...) i figured that im better off just chilling with the heli's for a bit.

then the other day the guy who owned the tree that i lost the heli in came running over to show me that it had finaly fell out (woohoo)

so i figured ..."well looks like im gonna buy some parts"

sure enough, put in a 900mah lipo and heard the servos twitch

well ill be damned

so 2+ months in maryland humidity and countless summer thunderstorms, it still runs. (ok ill admit i had to replace the tail motor) but gyro holds stable, i it runs better than it did when i bought it (lol) and oh, its rusty as hell.

but anyway, thats my 2 cents, do what u want with it, and sorry for the run on sentences and spelling errors, (life is too short)

-bonzai
bonzailyte is offline Find More Posts by bonzailyte
Last edited by bonzailyte; Oct 16, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:54 PM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Good job..............
Thanks Orangebird , I thank it looks really cool, in flight, looking at it from the starboard side the tail blade looks like a solid yellow disc.

Hay Mike, I like that V929 also.

( spoolup )!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined Oct 2012
5 Posts
dh 9116 full throttle , spinning ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by navycookie View Post
Ok deep-cleaned the heli. just took the cleaned heli out. the minute I throttle it up it rotates to the left about 2 - 3 times. Once it is up it flys ok , but the minute I give it throttle it rotates really fast to the left. Also it rotates half that speed to the right. You guys think this is the tail rotor?
Ok I took it out one more time to figure out if I'm going crazy or not.. still spinning, but no the heli is losing binding in flight for a sec or two then picking it back up.(which is pretty scary) Since the transmitter came with a broken antenna case(antenna still good but its just a wire hanging out the top) and I've had had to superglue a knob back on (on deployed, use what I can). I ordered a transmitter for $7 and a 2x tail rotors for $5. I'll let yall know how this goes.
navycookie is offline Find More Posts by navycookie
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:25 PM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Quote:

Yellow flaming hot 9116.
Looks very nice!
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:08 PM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I finally got a chance to mount the F45 tail motor in the 9116.
It uses the same plug as the main motor on the pcb, so I just plugged into the main motor socket to test. It is a perfect fit and functions the same as the stock tail motor, only more power.
That should be a good replacement for the stock motor and will probably last forever on the 9116 as it spins a prop almost twice the size in the F45.
I did not test fly because I am ginving this heli to my grandson this weekend. It just got too hard to switch between flying this and CP helis. It is a good beginner heli that helps improve your skills.
Best of luck to everyone and happy flying.
Have you or your grandson done a test flight of the f45 tail? Do you have the OEM main motor on the heli or do you have a different one?

I would like to use the f45 as it's not that much more expensive than the 9116 and it will last much longer.

Mike
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:

Yellow flaming hot 9116.
Looks awesome! Great job!
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:42 PM
ZaZ
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post here at rcgroups. I am new to the hobby and decided to purchase the DH9116 after reading posts on this thread. My only other experience is with the Syma s107. Received my DH9116 today and have a problem right out of the box. When charging battery the green light did not flash and after about 45 minutes it never came on. Decided to give it a try and it seemed to work just fine. It flew for approx. 10 min. most of the time on the ground after a crash. Let the batteries cool down and then tried charging again. This time still no green light at all. Flying time less than one minute. My question is - does the charger green light blink if the battery is bad? Or do I have a bad charger? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Voltage on battery with no charge reads: 3.5

Doug
ZaZ is offline Find More Posts by ZaZ
Last edited by ZaZ; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
Closed Thread