HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
So it is always dark out by the time i get home. And i have a small yard with no lights, being the risk taker i am i set the heli down and went straight for flying it. I got it off the ground hovering like 10 times without flying into something! So damn fun, this beats the drugs i was messing with which was everything! It's recharging atm , i'm gonna try flying it in the yard again but really need a bigger area.
F1n1shed is offline Find More Posts by F1n1shed
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:41 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1n1shed View Post
Alright I'm still not home grr, must fly. Anyways im not sure i know how to do the mechanic trim because I don't have the right tools for it and don't want to mess anything up. As far as the weight thing I know some people said don't add weight to the heli. But i already taped 3 pennies to the front of the canopy. The heli was doing a lot of back flight. Ill look through the menu settings again at home and try to adjust it. I'll report back with any issues I have, thanks for the help. I'm real noob a with this stuff atm.
OK, I know the package says RTF, but it ISN'T.
Rip out all additional weight (pennies...) and finally start trimming the bird mechanically!
You will not need any tools than the small philips screwdriver that was delivered with the heli, promised!
download this:
http://customers.skymesh.net.au/~mat...ech_manual.pdf
and follow the instructions "DH9116 Initial Basic Swashplate Leveling Procedure & Mechanical
Trimming / Adjustment of the Servo Arms & Linkages"
This is the easyest way to get the best out of the bird.
Don't forget to reset your TX to factory first - it's also in the manual mentioned above.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Casal C6P Charger Review
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:42 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Just how exactly does one mechanically trim a 9116?
http://customers.skymesh.net.au/~mat...ech_manual.pdf
The "BIBLE"
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
The Bible

Hey Mike from Germany, If you click on Stormforces Blog you will see that the Bible that you referred to in your post was compiled by him! they are One and the same It was compiled by his many hours of painstaking research along with advice by other early 9116 owners . I didnt know that it now can be accessed 2 ways. Its been quite some time since I have checked on this forum,been flying a few new Birds lately. Steve
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglidec View Post
Hey Mike from Germany, If you click on Stormforces Blog you will see that the Bible that you referred to in your post was compiled by him! they are One and the same It was compiled by his many hours of painstaking research along with advice by other early 9116 owners . I didnt know that it now can be accessed 2 ways. Its been quite some time since I have checked on this forum,been flying a few new Birds lately. Steve
Steve, what do you want to say? The link I posted is in fact the original link established by Mick himself. So I don't take someone else's credit.
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
All I was saying was that I didnt know that there are now 2 ways to access the info, no offence meant and Im glad to see that there is still such a great number of pilots discovering this rugged little Heli Best Wishes Steve
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglidec View Post
All I was saying was that I didnt know that there are now 2 ways to access the info, no offence meant and Im glad to see that there is still such a great number of pilots discovering this rugged little Heli Best Wishes Steve
Got it.
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Mine didn't come with a small screw driver
F1n1shed is offline Find More Posts by F1n1shed
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1n1shed View Post
Mine didn't come with a small screw driver
So you're male and not having tools?
"If it doesn't say "Binford", someone else made it."
-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
436 Posts
Take off

After more and more flights on DH9116. If you are not able to make a good take off , and not able to center the tail CWW or CW, close the RX and TX and restart all.
At this new start, gradually add power and center the tail ( with trim on TX ) and make a very good take off, the helico goes up right in front of you. Trim reverse of the tail go....
You may repeat this rule at each flight if the tail not go right in front of you.

Bye Gilles
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Oct 15, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Took the 9116 out a little while ago, as we finally have a nice day with light winds at 5-10 MPH. I crashed her twice, and both times the flybar struck the canopy and cracked it. Other than that, she held up well in the crashes, nothing else was broken.

I ordered a new canopy today, with a plethora of other spare parts for this bird including rotor blades, tail motor etc.

Parts should arrive next week sometime.

Considering she's still flyable, I plan to get her in the air again this afternoon sometime. Hopefully, that flight will be more successful than the last...
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
436 Posts
Flybar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Took the 9116 out a little while ago, as we finally have a nice day with light winds at 5-10 MPH. I crashed her twice, and both times the flybar struck the canopy and cracked it. Other than that, she held up well in the crashes, nothing else was broken.

I ordered a new canopy today, with a plethora of other spare parts for this bird including rotor blades, tail motor etc.

Parts should arrive next week sometime.

Considering she's still flyable, I plan to get her in the air again this afternoon sometime. Hopefully, that flight will be more successful than the last...
Hi
I changed EOM flybar and I added weight adjustable and it seems to go very well.
Currently, it has two weights each side, with one weight by side does not work, no stability.
The original flybar break the canopy and make a bump to tail boom.
The new flybar 6 inches is expected not to break the canopy and no bump to tail boom. She is currently on a DH9100 DH9116 converted, I have not quite finished the conversion, I miss a servo and swachplate. I will give you the results later to see if I will not have more damage.

OEM flaybar end ( ball ) = 3.9 gr
My 2 weights = 1.9 gr ( you can add more weights if you want more stability)
The best combination seems to be 3 weights = 2.7 gr by side

See also:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1953

Bye Gilles
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Oct 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Oct 2012
5 Posts
Ok new to the thread and currently deployed in the middle east. I love the dh 9116 but the other day when I got to take off with it , it starts to rotate. I give it more throttle , it straightens out then I rotate it again and it spins 360 five or six times. I rotate left it turns nicely, rotate right it spins. Then it rotates to the right nicely. I'm thinking it has to be the tranmitter but kinda new at troubleshooting little helis instead of P-3 orion, any help would be nice. Thanks
navycookie is offline Find More Posts by navycookie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:18 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navycookie View Post
Ok new to the thread and currently deployed in the middle east. I love the dh 9116 but the other day when I got to take off with it , it starts to rotate. I give it more throttle , it straightens out then I rotate it again and it spins 360 five or six times. I rotate left it turns nicely, rotate right it spins. Then it rotates to the right nicely. I'm thinking it has to be the tranmitter but kinda new at troubleshooting little helis instead of P-3 orion, any help would be nice. Thanks
Hi
I find this in other thread for you....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3084

Bye Gilles
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Oct 13, 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:05 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navycookie View Post
Before going crazy attemping to troubleshoot, try re-binding the heli w/ the tx. Twice now I've had the same issue and I was able to simply shut everything down, power up the heli, then power up the tx. Hopefully then she flies straight. If not then go nuts, but I've ben lucky with the easy fix.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Closed Thread