HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Well Barl I will be getting one here in Australia and I have read and looked at all of the reviews ect and I am very impressed and IMO this would be the best transition heli from FP to CP Heli's.

I was thinking of getting either the X3V3 FBL Metal or the Belt 250 V4 Metal.
So while we have you here Max what ver would you recomend.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Sep 12, 2012 at 08:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:22 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well Barl I will be getting one here in Australia and I have read and looked at all of the reviews ect and I am very impressed and IMO this would be the best transition heli from FP to CP Heli's.

I would get the X3V3 FBl Metal and best of luck to you. They are not bad flyers.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post

I would strongly recommend the X3V FBL Metal Head version over the Belt 250 V4 Metal Head and Tail. It is a stellar performer. If you deal with a Chinese dealer in your area of the world, make sure they understand the Transmitter Mode you need (Mode 1 or Mode 2)

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Sep 12, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:52 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I cant remember the servos atm, but if the arm screws on You could try taking off the arm, turn on the heli and let the servo go to the middle position, turn it back off then mount the arm back in the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Swap servo plugs on the PCB to test the servo and PCB.
Thanks guys. Good tips. It is the right or aileron servo. Once the helo binds, the servo just runs but the servo axle doesn't turn at all. After swapping the left (elevator) servo to the other plug on the PCB, the servo worked just fine. Swapping the aileron servo to the elevator plug was the same effect, humming inside the servo but no turning of the axle. I need a new servo. I'm tired of waiting for that slow boat from China so will find a stateside supplier. I have yet to receive any of 6 orders from BG since the 1st order went in 33 days ago. I've had good luck with US eBay sellers.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The 80% Rule
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
I would strongly recommend the X3V FBL Metal Head version over the Belt 250 V4 Metal Head and Tail. It is a stellar performer. If you deal with a Chinese dealer in your area of the world, make sure they understand the Transmitter Mode you need (Mode 1 or Mode 2)

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Thanks Max I have asked them about the Tx and they will send me the TX in mode 2 But I will be having a look around to find the best deal I can get from Australia or Aliexpress in China, bat as I said I would love to by it from you but the mailing cost is the killer for us in Austrailia.

Eugene.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I have to disagree. It is a good heli for the $145.00 or less you have to pay.
I have one and it is so easy to fly once set up properly.
The only problem is everyone wants it to be as durable and perform like a $400.00 heli. It won't. Many modify it to do so at considerable cost and that is their perogative. As you said, many component break when you crash, but with the proper learning curve, you can reduce that possibility. I think it is comparable to the Blade SR which may not be the best heli, but is suitable for the target market, the beginner to CP flying. The new Walkera Master CP is another entry level heli that is a good buy, but again, no perfect. The servos are not that great. But you get what you pay for.
My observations are based on the V400D02 thread, which is over 500 pages, of which 90% is about replacing motors, servos, motor mounts, tail mounts, and flexible frame issues. That thread seems to be devoted to improving reliability. The Walker Master CP appears to be a much better choice, for not a lot of money more.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:04 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
My observations are based on the V400D02 thread, which is over 500 pages, of which 90% is about replacing motors, servos, motor mounts, tail mounts, and flexible frame issues. That thread seems to be devoted to improving reliability. The Walker Master CP appears to be a much better choice, for not a lot of money more.
I'll find out soon as I have one on the way.
Any yes, the 500 pages are trying about trying to make a basic flier into a performance 3D heli, which I must say, many have succeeded. At this point, I have had no problems after 25 flights with the 400, but it has never been crashed either.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,264 Posts
Walkera seems to have finally learned that good plastic and fewer parts is a lot more durable and lighter than soft aluminum, as evidenced by the durability of their most recent micros. The Master CP appears to be the latest model to employ this more enlightened philosophy. The only potential red flag is it uses the same motor used in the V400D02.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Walkera seems to have finally learned that good plastic and fewer parts is a lot more durable and lighter than soft aluminum, as evidenced by the durability of their most recent micros. The Master CP appears to be the latest model to employ this more enlightened philosophy. The only potential red flag is it uses the same motor used in the V400D02.
But easier to change to brushless as it uses signal similar to the F45 so all that is needed is a motor and ESC.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,264 Posts
I don't think anyone would mind if you post your impressions of the Master CP, with regard to being a next step up from the 9116.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
motivated flyer
Poland, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Torun
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Removed at SkyArtec's request.
Bal14,

As this tread is not just about 9116, I was wondering why did you cut your post.

Forums are to express our feelings and our attitude to sertain kinds of products.
You was saying some bad things about some productc. Then without any explanation you deleted your post. Maybe you should left it as is and add some comment, that product changed for good?

Please, I didnt mean to be rude, but I just don`t get it...
ruszomir is offline Find More Posts by ruszomir
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruszomir View Post
Bal14,

As this tread is not just about 9116, I was wondering why did you cut your post.

Forums are to express our feelings and our attitude to sertain kinds of products.
You was saying some bad things about some productc. Then without any explanation you deleted your post. Maybe you should left it as is and add some comment, that product changed for good?

Please, I didnt mean to be rude, but I just don`t get it...
I agree.
We many not always agree or have the same opinion, but we do all have the right to express that opinion. When we possibly say something we may wish to add on, make a comment. If I offend someone, although I did not mean to, I will say I'm sorry an carry on.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:07 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,264 Posts
I would rather not discuss it. But, if anyone in the USA is considering a Wasp, I'd be happy to sell you mine for $40 with lots of spare parts.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:54 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,427 Posts
oh man. I'd go for that...
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:54 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have just brought a Skyartec Wasp X3V FBL with 2g 1.3mb Camera it should get here by Tuesday.
Here is a link to it Skyartec Wasp X3V
So I will let you know if it would be a good transisonal Heli before you go to a 450 sizeed heli.
Closed Thread