Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginer56 View Post
Hello RC groups..........
I am new comer in the field of RC helicopter about 17 days so please pardon my ignorance if I ask silly and dump questions.

I accidently came across this blog while doing research for RC helicopter. Saw pilots with lots of knowledge and experience. Specially, Stormforce, Mike.

Initially I got the Syma 107G, played with it, liked it and got hooked. I upgraded myself with DH 9116 with Tx model 2 which I got it yesterday.

Reading the blog, I realized that :

1. I need to adjust the swashplate in order for me to Hover 9116. Is there a video showing this procedure.
2. It seems, I need to program my Tx. Do we have any video showing step by step. Because reading their manual feels like it's all Greek and Latin to me.
I know it has been written over at various stages but I have come up to 28 pages and long way to go for me.
I have not yet taken for the first or maiden flight. Any help will be appreciated.

Thx
Bimal
First of all: Welcome Bimal!
Congrats for beginning your new obsession - believe me, it will be so.
I'm a beginner also, just 7 weeks addicted and completely lost now.

You have read stormforce's blog already? Its all in there, mate.
He made a highly recommendable Tech-manual you can download there.

I've never seen a video for swash-setup so far but it isn't necessary imho, just follow the advices step by step made by Mick. It helped me too!

Mike

PS Mick:
to avoid getting off-topic - how to get a PM to You?
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:32 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Oh, and when I tried the Li-Po from the Syma S022 I had no problem getting into the air, but it felt very tired. Hopefully the HRB,Brand rc Lipo Battery 7.4V 900MAh 20C works a bit better.

Thanks all!
Thanks Rexless thats what we are here for to help and to learn from each other.

Aha I know what the problem is now your battery fas a fault with one of the cells thats why it is only showing up when it's in flight as to when its on the ground it is fine dew to it uesing less amps.

But in flight the servo's need more ampage as they are now fighting to control the heli.

I had this same problem when I had one of the Li-Po batteries lost ampage in one cell as I was charging it with the default charger that came with the heli and the charger was faulty and not charging in ballanced mode corectly, so I got myself a Imax B6 charger and just used the standard 650mAh Li-Lion until the Imax B6 arived and then went back to useing the Li-Po batteries.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:42 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
Looks like a fun bird.

Did my first flips with the V929 today, so I'm totally hooked now.
Congratulations Mick I just might have to get one of these I've just got to hide it from the missus or I might end up with a thick ear not from getting hit but from all of the screaming at me for getting it. but eventualy she would give up and let me keep it.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:46 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
PS Mick:
The only way to PM me is to become my friend, I was being swamped with PM's from beginners that would prefer to not post their problems in an open forum.

I'll befriend you and you do the same to me, then we can PM each other.

Mick.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Congratulations Mick I just might have to get one of these I've just got to hide it from the missus or I might end up with a thick ear not from getting hit but from all of the screaming at me for getting it. but eventualy she would give up and let me keep it.
Yeah, you should get one, you'd love it mate, honestly.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:58 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,181 Posts
Quote:
The only way to PM me is to become my friend, I was being swamped with PM's from beginners that would prefer to not post their problems in an open forum.

I'll befriend you and you do the same to me, then we can PM each other.

Mick.
Thanks for your trust, Mick!
Done - You got PM

Open Forums are made to learn of mistakes made by another or to gain knowledge - so will further post here for public.
Mike
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
and I just got and read your PM and replied. Download steam and we can chat anytime...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, CA, Buena Park
Joined Jul 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Hi Bimall and welcome,

1. I need to adjust the swashplate in order for me to Hover 9116. Is there a video showing this procedure.

Unfortunately no, but it's very simple procedure and a matter of trial and error, a twist of a link here or there to get it close, then a minor adjustment of the stick trim (the small button adjacent to each stick) to get it even closer, . My tech manual will describe how, click on my name in the post margin and you'll see all the info you may eventually need.

2. It seems, I need to program my Tx. Do we have any video showing step by step.

Again, no. This transmitter is quite simple compared to the other generic computerized transmitters on offer. You really only have a few options like sub trim, stick reverse and end point travel, which my blog will describe what they do.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask, regardless of how silly or dumb they may sound, it's the only way you find out, and remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
Thx Stormforce to receive me in the group.

Today evening I will try both the points and let you know the results. I can't wait....

Bimal
Beginer56 is offline Find More Posts by Beginer56
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Jul 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
First of all: Welcome Bimal!
Congrats for beginning your new obsession - believe me, it will be so.
I'm a beginner also, just 7 weeks addicted and completely lost now.

You have read stormforce's blog already? Its all in there, mate.
He made a highly recommendable Tech-manual you can download there.

I've never seen a video for swash-setup so far but it isn't necessary imho, just follow the advices step by step made by Mick. It helped me too!

Mike

PS Mick:
Hi Mike

Thx for welcoming me in the group. I will follow Stormforce's instruction and see how it goes.

Will keep all of you posted, may be take pictures or video and post by first flight!!

Thx
Bimal
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Thanks Rexless thats what we are here for to help and to learn from each other.

Aha I know what the problem is now your battery fas a fault with one of the cells thats why it is only showing up when it's in flight as to when its on the ground it is fine dew to it uesing less amps.

But in flight the servo's need more ampage as they are now fighting to control the heli.

I had this same problem when I had one of the Li-Po batteries lost ampage in one cell as I was charging it with the default charger that came with the heli and the charger was faulty and not charging in ballanced mode corectly, so I got myself a Imax B6 charger and just used the standard 650mAh Li-Lion until the Imax B6 arived and then went back to useing the Li-Po batteries.
Time will tell! I can't wait to try.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:59 AM
Leland
Joined Jul 2012
251 Posts
Upgrade?

Hey guys,

I have a 9116 with about 70 flights on it and I can tell the original battery is getting weak. I purchased 2 900mah 15c batteries on eBay and they have done wonders (a lot more responsive). A close friend of mine just purchased a brushless motor for his Park Flyer P40 and I want one! Has anyone shoved a brushless in their 9116 and if so where did you get it and what do you think?

Other than the batteries I haven't had to adjust my swashplate or my controls much either. However, I did take a few hours to figure out exactly how to make adjustments on the original tx.
Ljryeaiii is offline Find More Posts by Ljryeaiii
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:20 AM
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Mar 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljryeaiii View Post
Hey guys,

I have a 9116 with about 70 flights on it and I can tell the original battery is getting weak. I purchased 2 900mah 15c batteries on eBay and they have done wonders (a lot more responsive). A close friend of mine just purchased a brushless motor for his Park Flyer P40 and I want one! Has anyone shoved a brushless in their 9116 and if so where did you get it and what do you think?

Other than the batteries I haven't had to adjust my swashplate or my controls much either. However, I did take a few hours to figure out exactly how to make adjustments on the original tx.
Weird! First of all, I just replied to your post about living in Milton. My 9116 just flew into a cabinet, and died a bit. I need to buy a new board for it. Do you know a fast place to get parts, or should I resign myself to a four week wait? As far as going brushless, I believe there are some posts about it in this thread, but I haven't seen a walkthrough or anything like that.
IamNabil is offline Find More Posts by IamNabil
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
Leland
Joined Jul 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNabil View Post
Weird! First of all, I just replied to your post about living in Milton. My 9116 just flew into a cabinet, and died a bit. I need to buy a new board for it. Do you know a fast place to get parts, or should I resign myself to a four week wait? As far as going brushless, I believe there are some posts about it in this thread, but I haven't seen a walkthrough or anything like that.
I would go here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

These guys ship pretty fast. Otherwise I would purchase a new 9116 on Amazon like 65 dollars shipped. Then just use your broken one as parts. How damaged is your PCB board?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
Leland
Joined Jul 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljryeaiii View Post
Hey guys,

After putting my thinking cap on, I found some stuff on this forum in regards to brushless conversions. Looks like a lot of work and I have already considered upgrading to a larger more powerful heli anyway, so I am going to skip over that money pit.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jul 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginer56 View Post
Hi Mike

Thx for welcoming me in the group. I will follow Stormforce's instruction and see how it goes.

Will keep all of you posted, may be take pictures or video and post by first flight!!

Thx
Bimal
Hello all

So I had my 1st flight yesterday. Went pretty smooth, could hover for a while.

But:

1. In order for DH 9116 to lift, I had to move the throttle more than 1/2 mark. Is it normal or am I doing something wrong
Note: the toggle switch is in "S" position
2. When it lifts, does not hover at the same location, it tries to move forward. How to adjust so that it stays in one position.

Thx for the help

Bimal
Closed Thread