Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
Looks like a fun bird.

Did my first flips with the V929 today, so I'm totally hooked now.
Way to go!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:15 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,299 Posts
Xheli is offering free shipping for over purchase over $50.its tempting to grab an extra 9116 for $53.I have thinking about getting v911 or solo pro 270 or 328 to have two incase of repair or extra time at the park,but at $53 a second 9116 my be the best option.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:58 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Jasen40,

The solo pro 270 looks to be a good bird, but in my experience, the nine eagles stuff is prone to be damaged more in a crash, than any other heli I've owned, even though they look and perform well. My advice is if you want to continue with the 9116, grab another, just for parts, and grab a V911, or my favorite, the Xieda 9958 or the V929 quad is also a great bird, if you want to try something different.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
Hey folks, I do not mean to offend anybody but after almost 10,000 posts I think this thread has grown into 3,maybe 4 or 5,9116,V-911,9-x type TXs,F-45,and now quad-copters.Although I find this all very interesting, I believe that each have their own threads already,For the newbies coming up , I think this thread should be about the 9116. But by the way you guys never cease to amaze me with your ingenuity and at some points genious ! Steve
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
Ooops ,typo... I meant to say 3000 posts,I guess I have been here a while
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Yeah, it's become a monster, and you are right about the slight deviation off topic occasionally.

We'll try to keep it on topic from now on, eh!!!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:18 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, it's become a monster, and you are right about the slight deviation off topic occasionally.

We'll try to keep it on topic from now on, eh!!!
Yep that it has lol
But yes we should stick to the 9116 only.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:25 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
I think since most see the DH9116 as an entry level 4ch heli, big enough to be a challenge, but not so big that it is beyond the abilities of a beginner, when someone asks for an opinion on what to try next, we offer what we know, just as we offer help about the 9116, as we know.

I can offer some suggestions as to why we deviate off topic, but it still has some relevance.

9958 / V911 - similar to the flying characteristics of the DH9116, but a more manageable size for indoor flight.
MJX-F45 - Similar construction and design to the DH9116, some say better.
Turnigy 9X / FlySky FS-TH9x transmitters - A need for a more capable and sophisticated transmitter than the oem tx to fly the 9116, to see if we can improve on it by changing the tx settings that we currently aren't able to change.

...and now quadcopters - a perfect platform for progressing to a 6ch Cp.

It's all relevant, but with a thread this big, we've become like "comrades in arms , we have an "Esprit de corps" bound together by the love of our interest in this hobby that binds us together, and because of that familiarity, we chat about our interest to progress beyond the DH9116, as friends, not just mere internet discussion forum frequenters.

I think this is one of the joys of the internet, for people from all countries on this earth, that can come together in one place and trade stories, joke, laugh and technically support each other just because of one small toy helicopter.

It truly amazes me, even to this day...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:39 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
I think since most see the DH9116 as an entry level 4ch heli, big enough to be a challenge, but not so big that it is beyond the abilities of a beginner, when someone asks for an opinion on what to try next, we offer what we know, just as we offer help about the 9116, as we know.

I can offer some suggestions as to why we deviate off topic, but it still has some relevance.

9958 / V911 - similar to the flying characteristics of the DH9116, but a more manageable size for indoor flight.
MJX-F45 - Similar construction and design to the DH9116, some say better.
Turnigy 9X / FlySky FS-TH9x transmitters - A need for a more capable and sophisticated transmitter than the oem tx to fly the 9116, to see if we can improve on it by changing the tx settings that we currently aren't able to change.

...and now quadcopters - a perfect platform for progressing to a 6ch Cp.

It's all relevant, but with a thread this big, we've become like "comrades in arms , we have an "Esprit de corps" bound together by the love of our interest in this hobby that binds us together, and because of that familiarity, we chat about our interest to progress beyond the DH9116, as friends, not just mere internet discussion forum frequenters.

I think this is one of the joys of the internet, for people from all countries on this earth, that can come together in one place and trade stories, joke, laugh and technically support each other just because of one small toy helicopter.

It truly amazes me, even to this day...
Well said Mick and it's all true we all have a common bond with this heli and our progresion through our hobby including our mishaps and our victory's with this heli and what we have learnt to improve our selfs and others skills to go to the next step in our hobby to get to our final goal wich is to fly a ccpm heli flying by improving our skills and our confidance to take that next step.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:05 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
well said eugene...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Jasen40,

The solo pro 270 looks to be a good bird, but in my experience, the nine eagles stuff is prone to be damaged more in a crash, than any other heli I've owned, even though they look and perform well. My advice is if you want to continue with the 9116, grab another, just for parts, and grab a V911, or my favorite, the Xieda 9958 or the V929 quad is also a great bird, if you want to try something different.
Thanks.for the reply,I did get one 9116 to double my fun.Once the weather becomes less outdoor friendly.My bench time would be much better if I stop fly around my apartment building in limited space or 15mph wind.I will look at a heli in 8inch range
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well said Mick and it's all true we all have a common bond with this heli and our progresion through our hobby including our mishaps and our victory's with this heli and what we have learnt to improve our selfs and others skills to go to the next step in our hobby to get to our final goal wich is to fly a ccpm heli flying by improving our skills and our confidance to take that next step.
This thread has been wealth of knowledge for me,I appreciate everyones help and input
Last edited by Jasen40; Jul 18, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,501 Posts
If it wasn't for this thread I would never have sorted out many of the issues I have come up with. I would never have tried the F45 or V929. I would very likely have spent way more on parts trying crazy ideas to fix problems that were due to binding incorrectly etc. This is an amazing group and even though I'm not entirely satisfied with my DH 9116 I am grateful for all the information and help provided.

I haven't given up on the 9116 yet... I've changed my mind and ordered a Li-Po so I can see what effect the better battery has on it. I've also been playing with the servos to try and figure out if they just don't work under stress or what. I can't specifically find anything wrong with them, they seem to work on the bench but in the air I just can't get any real push with full left aileron.

Oh, and when I tried the Li-Po from the Syma S022 I had no problem getting into the air, but it felt very tired. Hopefully the HRB,Brand rc Lipo Battery 7.4V 900MAh 20C works a bit better.

Thanks all!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, CA, Buena Park
Joined Jul 2012
32 Posts
DH 9116 help

Hello RC groups..........
I am new comer in the field of RC helicopter about 17 days so please pardon my ignorance if I ask silly and dump questions.

I accidently came across this blog while doing research for RC helicopter. Saw pilots with lots of knowledge and experience. Specially, Stormforce, Mike.

Initially I got the Syma 107G, played with it, liked it and got hooked. I upgraded myself with DH 9116 with Tx model 2 which I got it yesterday.

Reading the blog, I realized that :

1. I need to adjust the swashplate in order for me to Hover 9116. Is there a video showing this procedure.
2. It seems, I need to program my Tx. Do we have any video showing step by step. Because reading their manual feels like it's all Greek and Latin to me.
I know it has been written over at various stages but I have come up to 28 pages and long way to go for me.
I have not yet taken for the first or maiden flight. Any help will be appreciated.

Thx
Bimal
Beginer56 is offline Find More Posts by Beginer56
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginer56 View Post
Hello RC groups..........
I am new comer in the field of RC helicopter about 17 days so please pardon my ignorance if I ask silly and dump questions.

I accidently came across this blog while doing research for RC helicopter. Saw pilots with lots of knowledge and experience. Specially, Stormforce, Mike.

Initially I got the Syma 107G, played with it, liked it and got hooked. I upgraded myself with DH 9116 with Tx model 2 which I got it yesterday.

Reading the blog, I realized that :

1. I need to adjust the swashplate in order for me to Hover 9116. Is there a video showing this procedure.
2. It seems, I need to program my Tx. Do we have any video showing step by step. Because reading their manual feels like it's all Greek and Latin to me.
I know it has been written over at various stages but I have come up to 28 pages and long way to go for me.
I have not yet taken for the first or maiden flight. Any help will be appreciated.

Thx
Bimal
Hi Bimall and welcome,

Unfortunately no, but it's very simple procedure and a matter of trial and error, a twist of a link here or there to get it close, then a minor adjustment of the stick trim (the small button adjacent to each stick) to get it even closer, . My tech manual will describe how, click on my name in the post margin and you'll see all the info you may eventually need.

2. It seems, I need to program my Tx. Do we have any video showing step by step.

Again, no. This transmitter is quite simple compared to the other generic computerized transmitters on offer. You really only have a few options like sub trim, stick reverse and end point travel, which my blog will describe what they do.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask, regardless of how silly or dumb they may sound, it's the only way you find out, and remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
Closed Thread