SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
Hey Mick,Eugene, its been awhile,its great to see you guys still take the time to help the newbies Ive been working out of town and this is the first break ive had to catch up but i always carry my 9116,V-911,and my F-45 4-ch w/me including my tool box, so i can get in a flight when i get a chance,Unfortunately my CP practice has been put on hold(too much gear to haul around and take longer to repair)anyways for the rest of you 9116 pilots hang in there this little bird is still one of my favorites P.S. get some spare parts and research this thread this heli is reletively easy to repai and parts are cheap, Steve
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:18 PM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglidec View Post
Hey Mick,Eugene, its been awhile,its great to see you guys still take the time to help the newbies Ive been working out of town and this is the first break ive had to catch up but i always carry my 9116,V-911,and my F-45 4-ch w/me including my tool box, so i can get in a flight when i get a chance,Unfortunately my CP practice has been put on hold(too much gear to haul around and take longer to repair)anyways for the rest of you 9116 pilots hang in there this little bird is still one of my favorites P.S. get some spare parts and research this thread this heli is reletively easy to repai and parts are cheap, Steve
Hi Steve,

Good to hear from you again yep it's amazingly addictive and an obsesion If you let it. lol

Which I think we all do.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
does anyone know how i can stop my 9053 from spinning counterclockwise?
newguythatsme is offline Find More Posts by newguythatsme
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:11 PM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguythatsme View Post
does anyone know how i can stop my 9053 from spinning counterclockwise?
Yep you need a new tail motor as it is failing you can buy the whole tail assebly from anyone of the ebay stores
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:53 AM
Double Horse 9116
thejdubb02's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Apr 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
This should be pretty good: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-20c-800-2s1p.html

This one weighs less: http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-800mah-2s1p-74-20c.html and I don't think the connector needs changing.

I don't like to go under 20C. A higher rate tends to give more consistent discharge rates over the life of the charge. The batteries HobbyPartZ (actually it's xheli) sells all come from the same source and are reliable batteries that appear to have honest ratings. They take a lot of recharges, hold a charge well and don't heat up. I've been using their big batteries 5000 - 8000mah and 40+ C ratings in big helis and offroad RC vehicles for several years. No problems so far.
I don't mean to bring this post up again, but could you tell me the difference and why I wouldn't get the cheaper one? Seems lighter...

You're link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-800mah-2s1p-74-20c.html

Cheaper but same? Lighter? http://www.xheli.com/83p-800mah-2s1p-74-15c.html
thejdubb02 is offline Find More Posts by thejdubb02
Last edited by thejdubb02; Jul 04, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:03 AM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,465 Posts
The Blues are the low-end battery they sell. Sky and GensAce have good track records; can't say about the Blues.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:16 AM
Save the Pieces!
RichardInBremWA's Avatar
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejdubb02 View Post
I don't mean to bring this post up again, but could you tell me the difference and why I wouldn't get the cheaper one? Seems lighter...

You're link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-800mah-2s1p-74-20c.html

Cheaper but same? Lighter? http://www.xheli.com/83p-800mah-2s1p-74-15c.html
Seems to me the cheaper one is 15C while the more expensive one is 20C. The higher capacity also explains the added weight.
RichardInBremWA is offline Find More Posts by RichardInBremWA
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:05 AM
Dirk
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejdubb02 View Post
I don't mean to bring this post up again, but could you tell me the difference and why I wouldn't get the cheaper one? Seems lighter...

You're link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-800mah-2s1p-74-20c.html

Cheaper but same? Lighter? http://www.xheli.com/83p-800mah-2s1p-74-15c.html
Hi thejdubb02,

Quite a few on the forum have used the following batteries with great success:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260621353...84.m1438.l2649

They fit well, offer a bit extra capacity (900mAh) and improves performance as well.

Please note though that the additional flight times and performance come at a cost: shorter main motor and tail motor life.

Dirk
501419 is offline Find More Posts by 501419
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:20 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501419 View Post
Hi thejdubb02,

Quite a few on the forum have used the following batteries with great success:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260621353...84.m1438.l2649

They fit well, offer a bit extra capacity (900mAh) and improves performance as well.

Please note though that the additional flight times and performance come at a cost: shorter main motor and tail motor life.

Dirk
Hi mate This is the one most of us use and they fit perfectly and they weigh the same as the standard Li-Lion and you don't have to bother messing around with the CG.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:54 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Got my Turnigy 9x today, time to fiddle with it !!!
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:02 AM
Dirk
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
Got my Turnigy 9x today, time to fiddle with it !!!
Excellent! I hope you get the issue resolved with controlling the rudder of the 9116 with the 9x
501419 is offline Find More Posts by 501419
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:20 AM
Dirk
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
40 Posts
Range issues

You guys might remember that I had some range issues with the 9116. That is now fully resolved after a few changes and the range is great. The following fixes were necessary though:
- Fixed the solder to ground on the main motor. It was a dry solder and did not make contact.
- The crystal body in the received was bent down and to the left and rested on one of the SMD components. Presumably shorting the component? I bent it to the right, away from the component.
- Lastly, bent up the receiver board in the heli. It was bent down onto the main PCB. I don't know if this had any affect but read earlier in this thread where someone had a range problem which was resolved by bending the receiver board up until it is parallel with the main PCB. Thought it was worth a try.

If someone has some range issues, give the above a try. Hopefully it work for you as well.
501419 is offline Find More Posts by 501419
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:07 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501419 View Post
Excellent! I hope you get the issue resolved with controlling the rudder of the 9116 with the 9x
No go so far on the rudder issue.

I got it to bind with the 9116 ok, but the rudder and throttle are linked somehow, so as you apply throttle, you also add rudder, so I'd say the channel for controlling the rudder is the same at the throttle. Everything else is a matter of reversing the stick direction to match.

I earlier got it to bind to my 9958 and no issues there with the rudder, just had to reverse the throttle and aileron and up the end points to 120% and it was fine and more than flyable. Strange that I can bind the 9958 tx to the 9116 and the 9116 tx to the 9958 and they both work as expected, but this rudder issue is making me scratch my head in puzzlement

I don't know enough about the Turnigy 9x yet to start to fiddle with channel assignments or swap channel assignments, but give me time, it's only been a few hours.

BTW, happy "Independence Day" you stateside guys !!!
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Last edited by stormforce; Jul 04, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:08 AM
Steve
sllee51's Avatar
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Feb 2012
27 Posts
upgrade parts ?

Anybody know if any metal parts (like rotor head) are interchangeable with the 9116? Maybe the walkera CB180D ?
sllee51 is offline Find More Posts by sllee51
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:19 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Never even thought to look for metal parts for this bird, and so far, no metal mod options are commercially available.

But I'm sure some enterprising person might be able to modify parts from another heli to suit.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product the first double horse 2.4G and 4CH single blade helicopter 9116 hkmtk Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 32 May 21, 2013 01:27 PM
Help! Heli Spins out when ascending (Z101, looks like the double horse) Shlofter Electric Heli Talk 5 Aug 16, 2012 01:59 AM
Discussion Double Horse 9097 24" Heli Jake8131 Electric Heli Talk 8 Mar 14, 2012 07:05 AM
Sold 9089 Double Horse Shuttle Electric Heli w/Video DVR Senor Jack Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Apr 10, 2011 08:15 PM