SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old May 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
Back to the 3 channel coaxials for awhile.

Hey while I'm here, what battery and charger should I get for this heli?
I know I've seen it in the thread, but I can't recall where I found it. Thanks.
For the charger a Turnigy Accucell 6 (you'll need a banana plug to red jst adapter cable and a 15vdc 2.0amp power supply with the appropriate pin plug or get the charger and power pack deal) or Imax 6.

And the upgrade battery for the DH9116 is the Akku 7.4vdc 900mAh 20c 2s LiPo.

Both can be obtained via ebay or online hobby shops, including hobbyking.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 11:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
I'm just now exploring R/C copters and the 9116 seems like a very good entry point for this newbie.

Just wanted to compliment Mick on his fine writeup in response to Jeff's query.

... Lennie
Was that earlier on in the thread, I can't remember, but thanks anyway, my opinon still stands to this day...
Old May 17, 2012, 04:04 AM
Joined May 2012
9 Posts
my friend introduce a website to me... and it sounds nice.
i will decide to purchase one from it, can't wait for it!
Skovos is offline Find More Posts by Skovos
Old May 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Hi fellas,
Just thought id pop my head in again, found some servos while shopping, first few on this page may be ok for the 9116, free shipping also.
Anyway, cya again
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...=33&gtype=&p=3
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old May 17, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined May 2012
31 Posts
Well no luck with banana hobby have not got a phone call or email back from them, the kids heli is nice and he is getting good at flying it, and mine looks pretty on the book shelf, I almost want to pack them up and ship them back and dispute the charges, but that would probably cost the same as buying a new tx. So guess I'm just screwed I will give my full opnion and his store on reseller rating hopefully warn others.. wish I woulda looked him up before I bought from him...
primevci is offline Find More Posts by primevci
Old May 17, 2012, 06:30 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Hey guys, anyone who loves their 9116 and wants to upgrade please stay away from the 9117. It's a piece of . Third flight it smoked the pcb went full throttle into a tree, plus it's flying capabilities were comparable to a brick. The 9116 is better by a mile in every aspect!!!!
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 17, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Amen on the 9116 with a few mods still one fine bird in my book, Took my Heli-Max out and blade grip holder bolt sheared at about 3 feet off the ground . Darn near cleaned my clock, got to get metal upgrade (or park it) Something about flying wooden blades coming at ya took out all the fun out of it. Some of the Videos of things that go afoul would be priceless (or embarrassing)
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old May 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hairy Hampster.
Australia, VIC, Barwon Heads
Joined Apr 2012
146 Posts
I bought the 9116 a few months ago as a step up from a co axle machine,after some frustration with the factory set up,this baby is the bee`s knees.
One question though,has anyone bought a upgrade battery that dosen`t start to die after 8 flights?
RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE.
philg31 is offline Find More Posts by philg31
Old May 18, 2012, 09:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
50 or so flights on my 900mAh LiPo upgrade battery and still going strong...

Are you using a programmable charger or the oem charger, as they will kill a cell quick as.
Old May 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
Hairy Hampster.
Joined Apr 2012
146 Posts
Are you using the standard charger that came with the heli,or an after market one?
Old May 19, 2012, 12:31 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
aftermarket, Turnigy Accucell 6
Old May 19, 2012, 12:58 AM
Hairy Hampster.
Joined Apr 2012
146 Posts
[QUOTE=stormforce;21653744]aftermarket, Turnigy Accucell 6[/QUOTE
Cheers for that,I`ll have to look into it. The standard one is not doing the job.
Old May 19, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
I have seen a few stock chargers melt down...and I hate how long they take to charge, when they work, they work. At home though, I use a6/ac, fast charge thenwhen done another 15 minutes on regulator charge gives 7 minutes instead of 5 minutes the fast charge.
At the store, been using two stock chargers for four different Helis the last 2 years...just sayin...
The reason I use them at the store is that's what comes with the box...I do tell people about better chargers, what to watch for...I have been seeing that the charge that blinks while charging does some times not balance charge as well as the older ones that did red led lit green led off until charged. I do use a battery checker to check the 2s batts at store,
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old May 19, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hairy Hampster.
Joined Apr 2012
146 Posts
(I have seen a few stock chargers melt down...and I hate how long they take to charge, when they work, they work. At home though, I use a6/ac, fast charge thenwhen done another 15 minutes on regulator charge gives 7 minutes instead of 5 minutes the fast charge.
At the store, been using two stock chargers for four different Helis the last 2 years...just sayin...
The reason I use them at the store is that's what comes with the box...I do tell people about better chargers, what to watch for...I have been seeing that the charge that blinks while charging does some times not balance charge as well as the older ones that did red led lit green led off until charged. I do use a battery checker to check the 2s batts at store.)

Cheers for the reply and info. My batterie`s are lasting about 5 min with light flying/hovering,there`s somethings wrong as the batteries are a week old.
New quality charger on the way.
Old May 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined May 2012
31 Posts
hey stormforce im trying to follow your guide because my heli travels back and to the right something fierce, what do you mean by placing blades in its shortest throw?
primevci is offline Find More Posts by primevci
Closed Thread