SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old May 16, 2012, 02:36 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Maybe with the larger motor, a N60 tail motor is required, and a DD rotor blade.

It would be a good base for a small outrunner brushless motor and esc, which I just so happen to have spare, sourced from my now dead Walkera 22e, trouble is it needs an 11.1vdc 1000mAh 35c LiPo to run it, which may be too much for the pcb.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 04:42 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
Maybe with the larger motor, a N60 tail motor is required, and a DD rotor blade.

It would be a good base for a small outrunner brushless motor and esc, which I just so happen to have spare, sourced from my now dead Walkera 22e, trouble is it needs an 11.1vdc 1000mAh 35c LiPo to run it, which may be too much for the pcb.
What happened to the 22e, last time I spoke to you about it you were trying to sell it. Do you have the parts for the genius yet???? With Eugenes help im trying to convince myself to get a titan 450 lol
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 16, 2012, 06:40 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
I burnt out the receiver after spooling it up for a test flight after spending hours setting it all up properly, again. The pitch circuit burnt out, which made the blades drop, one blade hit the tail boom, which snapped the bolt that holds one of the blade collective arm on, then the whole head just self-destructed, bits of blades and rotor head flying everywhere if I wasn't watching in horror at the time, it would have been an impressive video to watch on youtube. So I took it as an omen and promptly put it all back together, with the spares I already had, except for replacing the receiver, scrounged all the useable parts from it I could use on other heli's and popped it in it's box, taped it up and now it's sitting in the attic.
Last edited by stormforce; May 16, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old May 16, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Jan 2012
516 Posts
Question Stormforce: Why not consider 2 batteries? One to run the brushless motor and esc and a second to power the PC board and remaining parts?
Yes there will be a weight problem but maybe the extra power of the brushless motor will compinsate. Maybe by choosing the correct battery pair the weight difference can be minimized.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old May 16, 2012, 07:49 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
...good point, never thought of that.

I get about 10 minutes flying time with the 4F200LM and it's a 7.4vdc 1500mAh lipo driving a brushless motor and esc with a shaft drive tail, so maybe a 500mAh for the pcb, servo's and tail and a 900mAh lipo for the brushless motor.

Thanks.
Old May 16, 2012, 09:33 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Has anyone come up with a mod to correct low response on left AIL.
I have swash level, have set the travel to maximum before the swash binds, and left aileron on medium fast forward speed has very little response. I have reduced the slop in linkage to a minimum using ball links on servo arms. Right turn is fine.
I am comparing to my MJX which allows nice banked turns in either direction.
I know this is not a CP heli, but It bothers me that I can't fly it like the other fixed pitch units I have. My Xieda 9958 does banked turns to the left better.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old May 16, 2012, 09:46 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Has anyone come up with a mod to correct low response on left AIL.
I have swash level, have set the travel to maximum before the swash binds, and left aileron on medium fast forward speed has very little response. I have reduced the slop in linkage to a minimum using ball links on servo arms. Right turn is fine.
I am comparing to my MJX which allows nice banked turns in either direction.
I know this is not a CP heli, but It bothers me that I can't fly it like the other fixed pitch units I have. My Xieda 9958 does banked turns to the left better.
The left servo dose this all the time and the mor collective you use the left servo pulls back on the swash plate as it is mixed in with it on the pcb.

Same as when you add colective on takeoff it drops down to pull down on the swash plate, no other heli dose this and I suspect it is mixed in this way to help stablize the swash plate.
The only problem with this is that it causes the left turn to be slugish but the right servo that isnt mixed works fine.

I supose the only way to fix it would be to take out the pcb and replace it with one from a compatable heli or to get rid of the pcb and set it with a reciver,esc etc
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old May 16, 2012, 11:22 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
The left servo dose this all the time and the mor collective you use the left servo pulls back on the swash plate as it is mixed in with it on the pcb.

Same as when you add colective on takeoff it drops down to pull down on the swash plate, no other heli dose this and I suspect it is mixed in this way to help stablize the swash plate.
The only problem with this is that it causes the left turn to be slugish but the right servo that isnt mixed works fine.

I supose the only way to fix it would be to take out the pcb and replace it with one from a compatable heli or to get rid of the pcb and set it with a reciver,esc etc
I guess just live with it. Maybe when I get a working Flysky tx, I can modify the mix. It's hard to go from this where you need full aileron stick to something that responds with a touch.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old May 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
I burnt out the receiver after spooling it up for a test flight after spending hours setting it all up properly, again. The pitch circuit burnt out, which made the blades drop, one blade hit the tail boom, which snapped the bolt that holds one of the blade collective arm on, then the whole head just self-destructed, bits of blades and rotor head flying everywhere if I wasn't watching in horror at the time, it would have been an impressive video to watch on youtube. So I took it as an omen and promptly put it all back together, with the spares I already had, except for replacing the receiver, scrounged all the useable parts from it I could use on other heli's and popped it in it's box, taped it up and now it's sitting in the attic.
Ouch, that would have been scary to watch. The only positive I can see is that it makes a spot on your shelf for another helicopter
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Nice report, Mick!

I'm just now exploring R/C copters and the 9116 seems like a very good entry point for this newbie.

Just wanted to compliment Mick on his fine writeup in response to Jeff's query.

... Lennie
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old May 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
9116 was handling like crap. Figured out why. Inner mainshaft busted. That'll do the trick. Got four of em on order. As much as I've been spanking this thing around, surprised more stuff hasn't broke.
jeepdude is offline Find More Posts by jeepdude
Old May 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Back to the 3 channel coaxials for awhile.

Hey while I'm here, what battery and charger should I get for this heli?
I know I've seen it in the thread, but I can't recall where I found it. Thanks.
jeepdude is offline Find More Posts by jeepdude
Old May 16, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
9116 or MJX -F45 seem to be best bang for the buck if you like flying indoors 9958 with a few tweaks, found out the 9116 TX works better with 9958 binds well and is heck of a lot better then what comes with it, In hind site I wish I would have bought a 9100 with the 9116 for parts. Parts are cheep it's the shipping that will run you broke. All said I have learned a lot on this Forum and saved a lot just reading.I still like the bigger helis but had I spent more time on fixed pitch I would have been further ahead,
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old May 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
How to replace shaft/ balanc bar please help?

Hello! New to the forums and hoping for help please. I am replacing the main shaft as I snapped it near the base, but I am not sure on how to detach the main shaft from the balance bar easily and providing me with the ability to reuse the parts? Is that a pin i see that pops out from one side? Would it be better to replace the bar too (wuss?)

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
cabdog47 is offline Find More Posts by cabdog47
Old May 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
I use a good set of tweezers to spread the balance bar clevis apart and turn the bar to get the pivot pins free...
On main shaft blade holder. If only the pins are broke, that part can be modded and reused.
It's not a pin that is separt, it's all one piece except for bal. bar weights...

I never had any luck getting rx power separated from motors ....and I haven't looked hard at my 9116. It was on the 9100 and 9053 that I tried though.
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Closed Thread