Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yep mode 2 for a 3ch is:
Left stick: Throttle
Right stick: Pitch and Ruder
Im pretty sure thats mode 3?
My understanding is mode 3 is mode 1 with sticks mirrored, and mode 4 is mirrored mode 2.

I had a bastard of a time readjusting from my Z101 (9116 clone with basic radio) to little V911.
I fly planes mode 2, and also for heli's which I had spent time on sims, I had learn't mode 2, and also flown with joystick on Microsoft Flight Sim, which is more similar to mode 2/4.
The Z101 came as mode 3 (unchangeable), so the majority of controls were ok , and I got used to flying it like that.
But then, I got the little V911, which works with my existing 9X tx, and I had to readjust to flying that. I gave up on Z101, its too awkward changing flying controls each flight, would end with a crash.

Edit: here's a quick link I found on google http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Last edited by sammyc; May 09, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Mode 2= throttle left stick. Rudder left stick.
Mode 4= throttle left stick Aileron left stick.
Mode 2= pitch forward right sitck right drift right stick
Mode 4= throttle left stick Rudder right stick

I think
jeepdude is offline Find More Posts by jeepdude
Old May 09, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
All I know right now. The 3 channel heli have now. Left stick is throttle. Right stick is forward pitch, left and right rudder.

Mode 2 should be, left stick forward, throttle, left stick right left, rudder.
Mode 2, right stick should be cyclic. Forward, pitch. Left and right, aileron, drift right and left.
Old May 09, 2012, 10:59 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
All I know right now. The 3 channel heli have now. Left stick is throttle. Right stick is forward pitch, left and right rudder.

Mode 2 should be, left stick forward, throttle, left stick right left, rudder.
Mode 2, right stick should be cyclic. Forward, pitch. Left and right, aileron, drift right and left.
Just have a look at the link I posted
Old May 09, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
I see no link.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:09 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
I see no link.
A few posts back post 2191
Old May 09, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
My apologies symmac. Now I see the link. I like mode 4. But to fly correctly, I think I need to do to mode 2
Old May 09, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
My right hand is used to the rudder control. And forward pitch.
My lefty is used to throtle. So, I could get used to righty on rudder and forward pitch, and lefty to throttle and drift right and left. maybe backwards, but that is the way my brain and fingers work.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:16 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
My apologies symmac. Now I see the link. I like mode 4. But to fly correctly, I think I need to do to mode 2
Mode 2 is your safest bet:
-Most RTF's come as mode 2
-Mode 2 is one of the two most common flying modes so instruction from others is easy.
-Mode 2 (and 4) are much more similar to real aircraft, that was my personal reason for choosing that mode.

There's plenty more reasons lol.

Also, a reason for mode 1, is separating the primary controls, to avoid cross-controlling (ie inadvertently moving aileron with elevator in mode 2).
Old May 09, 2012, 11:17 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
My right hand is used to the rudder control. And forward pitch.
My lefty is used to throtle. So, I could get used to righty on rudder and forward pitch, and lefty to throttle and drift right and left. maybe backwards, but that is the way my brain and fingers work.
If you are likely to go further with this hobby, I would get out of that habit early, while you are only using cheap and easy to fly heli's
It's very hard to change once its embedded into you head
Old May 09, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Plus, I just flew my 031 tonight with a keychain cam. Wasn't the best video in the world, but it was cool seeing me from 50 feet up in the air. Didn't work well under the heli, but was better mounted on the cowl. Must have been some interference underneath for the rx.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:22 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Mine is set up that way now. But I was under the thought that this setup was mode 4, with mode 2 having the rudder on the left stick.
Yep sorry it is mode 4 but what I ment was to simulate mode 2 for getting the feel of mode 2 for turning useing the rudder as ailerons.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old May 09, 2012, 11:23 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Plus, I just flew my 031 tonight with a keychain cam. Wasn't the best video in the world, but it was cool seeing me from 50 feet up in the air. Didn't work well under the heli, but was better mounted on the cowl. Must have been some interference underneath for the rx.
These small heli's aren't too good for camera platforms, too much vibration that can't be tamed. Its cool having a sticky beak from above though hey

FPV is a lot of fun I have it setup on my Bixler (plane) and looking at doing it on one of my 450 T-rex's when I am much more confident flying them.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:59 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
mode 2 is throttle and rudder on the left stick, forwards/backwards and side to side on the right stick.

I've converted my 3ch DH9100 tx to a "sort of" mode 2 with the throttle and rudder on the left stick, forward/backward on the right. It made it easier to make the transition from 3ch to 4ch heli's, plus once you get those stick configurations down pat, you can worry about all thee other switches and dails when you make the leap to 6ch or 8ch heli's.

Click on this link to discover the different transmitter modes.

For airplanes...

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html

For helicopters...

stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old May 10, 2012, 12:38 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
mode 2 is throttle and rudder on the left stick, forwards/backwards and side to side on the right stick.

I've converted my 3ch DH9100 tx to a "sort of" mode 2 with the throttle and rudder on the left stick, forward/backward on the right. It made it easier to make the transition from 3ch to 4ch heli's, plus once you get those stick configurations down pat, you can worry about all thee other switches and dails when you make the leap to 6ch or 8ch heli's.

Click on this link to discover the different transmitter modes.

For airplanes...

For helicopters...

Yep thats right Mick I think I need to just sit back for a while till I get these meds sorted out as I keep messing up, so yes as Mick has stated change it to a sort of mode 2 with throttle and rudder on the left stick and cyclic pitch on the right so you get used of the rudder on the left.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Closed Thread