Closed Thread
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:14 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Surely someone in Australia wants a 9117??????, I'm hanging out to get this heli. Then at bonus time a 4f180
Why get the 9117? You have the MJX chopper, and by the sounds, its WAY ahead of the DH choppers.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:18 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Anyone is aussie wanna take me up on my offer I posted a few pages back for the Z101 for spare parts? Its free, just pay postage. In original box, shouldn't cost more then $12. Takes up room in my 'hanger' lol!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:23 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Why get the 9117? You have the MJX chopper, and by the sounds, its WAY ahead of the DH choppers.
Eugene has this not me. As for cp, whilst the challenge sounds interesting, between a job that takes up to much time and having young kids I use what spare time i have to enjoy flying. Not worrying about controlling the dam thing and repairing them
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:40 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Eugene has this not me. As for cp, whilst the challenge sounds interesting, between a job that takes up to much time and having young kids I use what spare time i have to enjoy flying. Not worrying about controlling the dam thing and repairing them
Haha yea, lots of time just to set the damn things up! stripping down, setting control rods, setting servo's, setting pitch, setting main blade tracking, setting tx....
Yea, lots of time needed. And the 450 is no backyard flyer, unless you only want to practise hovering lol

Oh and when you crash, start settting up again, after you have bought new parts.
But its worth it at least for me. I have heaps of time, and no friends haha!

ps and sorry for the mix up between you an Eugene, you, Eugene and Stormforce's avatars confuse the shite outta me lol!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:07 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Can't go wrong with getting a fly-barred CCPM heli, I have/am learning on a HK450 (T-rex clone) and having a ball.
I can fly it much more precisely hovering and landing, although because it has no self-stabilising, im not game enough to do nose-in-hovering as everything is reversed, except collective. Its not like the FP helis, where if you get mixed up, just centre cyclic stick and maintain throttle to hover then work it out, you have to constantly correct these heli's.
Best advise EVER is to get a sim (whether a crap freebie, or expensive one) and spend heaps of time with a similar setup on it. HeliSimRC is good once you setup a heli to match your own model.
Just go for it, heaps of fun, and take baby steps, otherwise you can break a lot and hurt people if it goes wrong
I agree with Sam I am learning on a Titan 450 pro and loving every minute of it is a bit of a challeng some times but you soon learn FP's are fun to fly but once you start with CCPM's every flight makes you better at predicting the heli's way of movement and the little quirks they have where an FP just about right's itself for you.
And as for the sim best thing anyone can have and it will save you lots of money and flying time as Pheonix R/C and Realflight are as close to the real thing and well worth the money.
I was useing Pheonix v4 and have now brought Realflight RF6 it cost me AUD$244.00 but it is life like and worth every penny it cost me but it did come with the RF6 controler as well as the Heli Pack.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:20 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
That's the one mick. I'm in no rush to go cp yet. I'm keen when I have some money to a flybar less 4ch. How's your heli's going. I see you have gone big with the bravo sx, I have three v911s now too. Have you had anymore luck with the cp walkera???? Been blowing a Gail here today but both 9116 are charged up and ready to go for the weekend
You know thats not a 6ch CP, it's a brushless, flybarless 4ch with cp blades and a shaft drive tail.

The Bravo's are going great guns, except I'm not having much luck with the motors though, had one go bad after just a few flights and after replacing it, I found the new replacement is showing the same symptoms, so maybe it might be the pcb.

Kept snapping the legs on the new 4F200LM, so it's grounded until a new set of more flexible 200 sized "super skids" comes in from the U.K.

Been blowing a gale here the last week too, except for today, and of course, I had to work late, but watch out tomorrow morning !!!
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:56 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
HelisimRC i find to be very great for a free sim, not fancy features or great graphics like the expensive ones, but is still quite accurate for heli training.
http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSim/
Graphics aren't great, but you can setup a model to imitate your own, you can setup pitch and throttle curves etc. Helis are based on T-rex 450.
This is a much better sim for helis then FMS.

I also have realflight, but I haven't found any models on it (no add-ons yet) that match my HK450 well, there's no point training on a snappy 3D heli or sluggish scale heli when the flying technique won't roll over as well to real flying.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:05 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
HelisimRC i find to be very great for a free sim, not fancy features or great graphics like the expensive ones, but is still quite accurate for heli training.
http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSim/
Graphics aren't great, but you can setup a model to imitate your own, you can setup pitch and throttle curves etc. Helis are based on T-rex 450.
This is a much better sim for helis then FMS.

I also have realflight, but I haven't found any models on it (no add-ons yet) that match my HK450 well, there's no point training on a snappy 3D heli or sluggish scale heli when the flying technique won't roll over as well to real flying.
Try here for realflight models etc http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?what ver of realfight do you have
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:10 AM
manchester, England
Joined Feb 2009
16 Posts
Hi Bobcats
Which tail motor set did you use to give the tail DD?? im looking at doing the same mods you have, but im also replacing the pcb with a walkera board/receiver that i had from a century evo 180
any info would be greatly appreciated so i choose the right motor.
michaeljohng is offline Find More Posts by michaeljohng
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohng View Post
Hi Bobcats
Which tail motor set did you use to give the tail DD?? im looking at doing the same mods you have, but im also replacing the pcb with a walkera board/receiver that i had from a century evo 180
That isn't going to work. The Walkera CB180D does not have a 120 swashplate, so it doesn't support control coupling. Aileron and elevator functions on the 9116 require mixing because both servos have to move for either function.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohng View Post
Hi Bobcats

michaeljohng - here's the link to the site that I purchased the CB180 DD motor. I purchased the $18.99 kit, but would suggest buying the DD Carbon Brushed moter ($9.99) and the DD Prop ($4.99) instead of the kit, if you want to save a few bucks. You don't need the tail boom in the kit.

http://www.rtf-heli.com/WALKERA_V200D02_MODS.html

As for the installation, I modified the existing tail boom, buy cutting off the plastic gear, using a dremel, removed the old motor and replaced the motor with the new 180 CB. Closeup pic enclosed (flew it into a bush last week, so it's a little scratched up.....repairs in progress. )

Note: In my previous posting once you install the motor, you'll need to increase the linkages by approx ~2mm to compensate for additional weight.
bobcats is offline Find More Posts by bobcats
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
Battery Charging

I charged my 9116 without unhooking cable for battery. Now I don't have as much power as when i first bough it. Was that wrong to charge it like that and does the battery have to be replace now or do I damage the cb.
leerogers58 is offline Find More Posts by leerogers58
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Jan 2012
502 Posts
I need a little more info on how you charged the battery before I can answer your question. There are two connectors one is the 2 pin red that you plug into the heli and the other is a white 3 pin that is ment for a balance charger.
Which did you use to charge the battery?
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
I used the 3 pin to charge but I did not unhook the 2 pin from the heli as I had when I first had it. Does that explain it.
Thanks
leerogers58 is offline Find More Posts by leerogers58
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
502 Posts
Unfortunatly no.
Lets take this step by step.
1. The charger, which one did you use and how did you hook it up?
If you connected the pins in the wrong order you either only charged one cell
or potentially damaged a cell.
2. By leaving the battery connected you potentially caused further problems.
The switch does not turn off the battery it only disables part of the
circuitry. There is still power going to the PCB and the charger could have
done damage. It could have caused overvoltage to the PCB.
So, is short, you may have caused more that one problem.
You are going to have to do some testing I can't do that for you.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Closed Thread