HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:16 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrydad View Post
Well I just bought a 9116, a day too early! Would have been better off to have bought one of these 9117's. The bigger size appeals to me, if nothing else.

Anyway, it arrived today, got it out of the box, and my heart sank. It's a mode 1 controller. Here we go again

I guess I could always put it on ebay. What mode are the 9117's in?
The tx changes from mode 1 to mode 2 via the program settings. A long press on the menu button, the first thing that flashes is mode setting, hit the up or down button to change the mode. Long press of the menu button to save. Then, all you need to do is open the back up, change the spring from the old throttle stick to the other. It should take you about 20 mins to do it from start to finish.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:56 AM
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Apr 2012
260 Posts
Done! 1 mode 2 controller - Happy now!
It was actually easy, thanks for the instructions

Later edit;
Flew it round the yard a bit, to test out the controls, seems ok straight out of the box. I really would have preferred a 9117 in hindsight, because I wanted something a bit bigger to replace my 9118 co-ax. I'm spending a lot of time flying my 120 SR and still will, but this thing is just a bit more relaxing. Something to use to unwind a bit after the stress of flying the little 120 pocket rocket lol. Auflyer, if I hadn't bought this one off eBay the day before you put up your post re the 9117 I would have bought one of them.

BTW, I bought the 9116 off eBay seller hobby-warehouse in Sydney, ordered it late Sunday night, it was here in WA this morning (Thursday) - not bad at all, seeing we also had a public holiday yesterday!
Angrydad is offline Find More Posts by Angrydad
Last edited by Angrydad; Apr 26, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:27 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Glad to hear you worked it out. I love my 9116, so much I bought two. Hobby warehouse have a fantastic delivery service. The parts are dear but the price on new heli's is not to bad. Welcome to the thread, lots of usefull information and great people on this thread
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:31 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
if you get the last 9117 angry dad, you'll be able to use the 9116 tx with it too, just incase you get a mode 1 tx
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:25 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Done! 1 mode 2 controller - Happy now!
It was actually easy, thanks for the instructions

Later edit;
Flew it round the yard a bit, to test out the controls, seems ok straight out of the box. I really would have preferred a 9117 in hindsight, because I wanted something a bit bigger to replace my 9118 co-ax. I'm spending a lot of time flying my 120 SR and still will, but this thing is just a bit more relaxing. Something to use to unwind a bit after the stress of flying the little 120 pocket rocket lol. Auflyer, if I hadn't bought this one off eBay the day before you put up your post re the 9117 I would have bought one of them.

BTW, I bought the 9116 off eBay seller hobby-warehouse in Sydney, ordered it late Sunday night, it was here in WA this morning (Thursday) - not bad at all, seeing we also had a public holiday yesterday!
Hi mate welcome to the thread and it's good to see you got it sorted if you are wanting to get the 9117 I am trying to get an order to import a carton of 4 to Aus at a cost of $99.00 each which inclueds shipping to your door if you are interested letme know.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:32 AM
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Apr 2012
260 Posts
I'll have to pass on that one unfortunately. Just bought the 9116 and now I'll be saving for a CP, for a later date
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
No probs mate we just need one more person so I can order them
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:56 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Hobby-warehouse is expensive, but their shipping is the quickest, via Australian Air Express Couriers (a business partnership between QANTAS and Aust. Post).

He has two warehouses, one in Sydney, one in Melbourne. I'm near the NSW/QLD border quite a ways inland and if I order parts from him from Melbourne by 5pm, say on a Thursday, they will be at my door at 3pm the next day, Friday, without fail.

The quickest and most reliable hobbyshop I know of on eBay.au, but not the cheapest.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:24 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Surely someone in Australia wants a 9117??????, I'm hanging out to get this heli. Then at bonus time a 4f180
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:50 AM
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Apr 2012
260 Posts
Took my 9116 down to the local football field when I knocked off from work today, been on an early shift so thought there'd be no kids playing footy...WRONG!! Pity, because I was looking forward to trying it out without the confines of my yard (Lots of roofs and fences, lots of places for a stray helo to go missing!). Anyway, gave it another fly in the front yard. Balr14 is right, it is very easy to fly, and probably doesn't do me any favours while I'm still coming to grips with the 120 SR. I flew that when the 9116 batteries had flattened a bit, and found it quite hard after the 9116. Almost lost it over the neighbour's fence at one stage...think I'll fly the 9116 AFTER the 120 in future.

The thing that struck me the most is the lack of pendulum effect in the 9116. The 120 SR is quite bad for that, by comparison. Perhaps it's the way I fly it (Like an old woman lol). Next step is to mount a micro video camera in the 9116...which is the main reason I bought it
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:55 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Surely someone in Australia wants a 9117??????, I'm hanging out to get this heli. Then at bonus time a 4f180
Is this what you are after...

http://www.toysdownunder.com/walkera...ontroller.html

It would make a great platform for a scale body...
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:03 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Took my 9116 down to the local football field when I knocked off from work today, been on an early shift so thought there'd be no kids playing footy...WRONG!! Pity, because I was looking forward to trying it out without the confines of my yard (Lots of roofs and fences, lots of places for a stray helo to go missing!). Anyway, gave it another fly in the front yard. Balr14 is right, it is very easy to fly, and probably doesn't do me any favours while I'm still coming to grips with the 120 SR. I flew that when the 9116 batteries had flattened a bit, and found it quite hard after the 9116. Almost lost it over the neighbour's fence at one stage...think I'll fly the 9116 AFTER the 120 in future.

The thing that struck me the most is the lack of pendulum effect in the 9116. The 120 SR is quite bad for that, by comparison. Perhaps it's the way I fly it (Like an old woman lol). Next step is to mount a micro video camera in the 9116...which is the main reason I bought it
The video camera affects flight times to a degree, not much though. I have a video taken from mine on youtube.

DH9116.mp4 (1 min 13 sec)

with one of these...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-RC-Pl...item19cefc116b
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:27 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
Is this what you are after...

http://www.toysdownunder.com/walkera...ontroller.html

It would make a great platform for a scale body...
That's the one mick. I'm in no rush to go cp yet. I'm keen when I have some money to a flybar less 4ch. How's your heli's going. I see you have gone big with the bravo sx, I have three v911s now too. Have you had anymore luck with the cp walkera???? Been blowing a Gail here today but both 9116 are charged up and ready to go for the weekend
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:36 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
If you get one of these, order lots of spare parts.
One of my friends has one and just a touch of the main blades eats teeth of the main gear. You need lots of main gears, tail gears, and tail blades.
And it does not come set up ready to fly. You need to set pitches on the blades as they are not the same.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:13 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Can't go wrong with getting a fly-barred CCPM heli, I have/am learning on a HK450 (T-rex clone) and having a ball.
I can fly it much more precisely hovering and landing, although because it has no self-stabilising, im not game enough to do nose-in-hovering as everything is reversed, except collective. Its not like the FP helis, where if you get mixed up, just centre cyclic stick and maintain throttle to hover then work it out, you have to constantly correct these heli's.
Best advise EVER is to get a sim (whether a crap freebie, or expensive one) and spend heaps of time with a similar setup on it. HeliSimRC is good once you setup a heli to match your own model.
Just go for it, heaps of fun, and take baby steps, otherwise you can break a lot and hurt people if it goes wrong
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Closed Thread