HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:40 AM
Registered User
gieta's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Someone,please teach me how to use my Turnigy Accucel 6 to charge my Nano tech 850mAh. I got this charger with batteray without manual book



Power Suplay plug in ?


Batteray plug in?


Correct if i wrong with the plug.and i still confuse about charger setting for NANOTECH 850mAh Li-Po & Original Batteray for DH9116 (650mAh).
Can someone give me tutorial about How to charge this two batteray with Accucel 6 ?? i've try too open this link http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...CEL_manual.pdf ,but it doesn't open.
Thx

Gieta
gieta is offline Find More Posts by gieta
Last edited by gieta; Mar 07, 2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: add words and web
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:45 AM
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gieta View Post
Someone,please teach me how to use my Turnigy Accucel 6 to charge my Nano tech 850mAh. I got this charger with batteray without manual book

Correct if i wrong with the plug.and i still confuse about charger seti ng for NANOTECH 850mAh Li-Po & Original Batteray for DH9116 (650mAh).
Can someone give me tutorial about How to charge this two batteray with Accucel 6 ??
Thx

Gieta
Although this isn't the thread to post this question, here goes:

You only have balance lead plugged in, you also need to plug the discharge lead for battery in with the lead with two banana plugs.

Choose lipo > choose balance mode > choose 2 cells, choose charge current > accept and charge.

Pretty much all cheap 4 button chargers are the same in operation, search for how to's or manuals for anything like imax B6 etc..
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:23 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
You'll need a jst male to banana plug adapter,



http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_p...jst&_kw=banana

or a XT-60 to jst adapter to add to the adapter already supplied with the accucell 6.



http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_n....c0.m270.l1313

or buy a multi-plug adapter cable for many different types of batteries.



http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Charging-...item256c7e6684


Here's the Turnigy Accucell 6 instruction Manual;

http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/P..._manual(2).pdf

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ual%282%29.pdf
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Last edited by stormforce; Mar 07, 2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:51 AM
Registered User
gieta's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
how i know if my batteray was ready or has full recharger?
im totally not understand when i read that pdf file. T_T

i've setting my accucel, Lipo charger 0,8a 7,4v(2s)
but i dont know how to start charger,and i dont know if my batteray is already full or not.
please tell me simple setting for 850mAh Nano Tech
gieta is offline Find More Posts by gieta
Last edited by gieta; Mar 07, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:55 AM
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gieta View Post
how i know if my batteray was ready or has full recharger?
Use a multimeter, 2S lipo, ~7.4V is flat (with some margin), 8.4V is fully charged. Or use multimeter on each cell using balance connector, 3.7V per cell is empty, 4.2V is charged.

edit: Did you mean while charging with the turnigy accucell charger? It will beep, and the text in top left corner will be flashing between 'FUL' and 'BAL' or something similar, and timer will be stopped. Voltage on the screen for 2S lipo should read 8.4V, next screen with the cells should say 4.20V for each cell.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:11 AM
Registered User
gieta's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Use a multimeter, 2S lipo, ~7.4V is flat (with some margin), 8.4V is fully charged. Or use multimeter on each cell using balance connector, 3.7V per cell is empty, 4.2V is charged.

edit: Did you mean while charging with the turnigy accucell charger? It will beep, and the text in top left corner will be flashing between 'FUL' and 'BAL' or something similar, and timer will be stopped. Voltage on the screen for 2S lipo should read 8.4V, next screen with the cells should say 4.20V for each cell.

this is my first time using Turnigy Accucel 6 charger,and 850mAh Nanotech

1.LiPo charger
0,8A 7,4v(2s)
2. ?
3.?
gieta is offline Find More Posts by gieta
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:15 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
if you haven't got that adapter, you will not be able to charge it and you won't be able the check the individual cell or overall voltage.

To start it, hold the start button for 1 - 3 seconds and it will check the battery, if you don't have both cable connected to the battery, it will say "Connection Break", and you can't go any further until you connect the adapter or find the loose or broken connection.

There is a "auto" feature where it will self-detect what battery voltage and cell count number is already connected.

For a safe charge, I use a formula a friend told me, to charge at 3/4 the amperage capacity of the battery. So for a 850mAh Li-Po, is 8.5 / 2 = 4.25 / 2 = 2.12 . 4.25 + 2.12 = 6.37 or to be safe, round it down to 0.6A on charge, 0.5A for balance and 0.7 for fast charge.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Last edited by stormforce; Mar 07, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:41 AM
Registered User
gieta's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormforce View Post
if you haven't got that adapter, you will not be able to charge it and you won't be able the check the individual cell or overall voltage.

To start it, hold the start button for 1 - 3 seconds and it will check the battery, if you don't have both cable connected to the battery, it will say "Connection Break", and you can't go any further until you connect the adapter or find the loose or broken connection.

There is a "auto" feature where it will self-detect what battery voltage and cell count number is already connected.

For a safe charge, I use a formula a friend told me, divide the capacity by 2, then halve it again. So for a 850mAh Li-Po, is 8.5 / 2 = 4.25 / 2 = 2.12 . 4.25 + 2.12 = 6.37 or to be safe, round it down to 0.6A on charge, 0.5A for balance and 0.7 for fast charge.


Yup ,you're right. i've got that words "Connection Break". That because i don't now how to use all this cable( on my picture)


gieta is offline Find More Posts by gieta
Last edited by gieta; Mar 07, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gieta View Post
Yup ,you're right. i've got that words "Connection Break". That because i don't now how to use all this cable( on my picture)


This is how the cables should look when properly hooked up to balance the battery...ZDAWG
zdawg is offline Find More Posts by zdawg
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:42 AM
Registered User
gieta's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
This is how the cables should look when properly hooked up to balance the battery...ZDAWG


Thank you so much,Finally Full Recharger. THankyou guys
gieta is offline Find More Posts by gieta
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
95 Posts
super horse

This is my version of the "superhorse" 1k battery....180 motor and n60 tail motor with prop from rtf-heli.com
really fun to fly ...wayyyyyyyyyy more power and the tail motor makes a neat sound when you turn....for anyone wanting to try this....you will have to offset the heavier
tail motor with weight in the nose...at least I did...all good now tho...ZDAWG
zdawg is offline Find More Posts by zdawg
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:29 AM
Registered User
gieta's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
This is my version of the "superhorse" 1k battery....180 motor and n60 tail motor with prop from rtf-heli.com
really fun to fly ...wayyyyyyyyyy more power and the tail motor makes a neat sound when you turn....for anyone wanting to try this....you will have to offset the heavier
tail motor with weight in the nose...at least I did...all good now tho...ZDAWG


please show more picture. more large for sure. So i can see everything you've change.
It's good if you have a video after you upgrade your SuperHorse
gieta is offline Find More Posts by gieta
Last edited by gieta; Mar 07, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:38 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Motor upgrade

Hi all,
I have been working on the motor upgrade of the 9116 and so I have had very good results.

So far I have replaced the tail motor with the Direct Drive Tail Motor ( E-Flite EFLH-1320 Conversion Kit: BCP/+/P

I have modified the 9116 existing tail unit as rcwatchman has done ( you can find his pics on page 81 of this thread ) by removing the gear unit from the rear of the mount and fitting the N60 motor and Prop holder from the kit which accomadates the existing 9116 tail rotor blade.

I have reversed the pollarity of the motor so it runs counter clockwize.
I have tested it with the standard motor and it works very well but a bit tail heavy so instead of adding weight to it I adjusted the swash plate so it was slightly tilting forward and got it to hover nicely and very stable and with good tail responce it was very easy to handle even close to the ground.

As for the left and right rudder trim I didn't have to touch it at all and by the time I ran out of battery power I had only moved the trim to the right 3-4 bars so I was very happy with that result as well.

I also tried it with the rotor blade that came with the kit in both standard pollarity and reversed and it was no good the heli spun quickly to the left and right in circles and to correct it I had to put in nearly all of the rudder sub trims to help counter act it.

So for those of you you that don't want to go to the expence of updateing to the 180 Pro motors but would like your tail motor to outlast the oem one then you could get the kit above and modify the existing tail unit by removing the rear gear unit completely and replace the oem motor with the one from the kit and reverse the polarity of the motor by soldering the Blue wire to the Negative pole on the motor and the White wire to the Positive pole and then install the rotor blade mount and the oem rotor blade.

My next step will be to put in the 180 Po motor and test from there and I will keep you all informed about this after testing and give you the results.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Registered User
IamNabil's Avatar
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Mar 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
This is my version of the "superhorse" 1k battery....180 motor and n60 tail motor with prop from rtf-heli.com
really fun to fly ...wayyyyyyyyyy more power and the tail motor makes a neat sound when you turn....for anyone wanting to try this....you will have to offset the heavier
tail motor with weight in the nose...at least I did...all good now tho...ZDAWG
I am interested in the neat sound.
IamNabil is offline Find More Posts by IamNabil
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Tom
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
This is my version of the "superhorse" 1k battery....180 motor and n60 tail motor with prop from rtf-heli.com
really fun to fly ...wayyyyyyyyyy more power and the tail motor makes a neat sound when you turn....for anyone wanting to try this....you will have to offset the heavier
tail motor with weight in the nose...at least I did...all good now tho...ZDAWG
Nice work! I think I'll just buy a Walkera V200D01 since my engineering skills are nill (about like my CP flying skills ).
tom4416 is offline Find More Posts by tom4416
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product the first double horse 2.4G and 4CH single blade helicopter 9116 hkmtk Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 32 May 21, 2013 01:27 PM
Help! Heli Spins out when ascending (Z101, looks like the double horse) Shlofter Electric Heli Talk 5 Aug 16, 2012 01:59 AM
Discussion Double Horse 9097 24" Heli Jake8131 Electric Heli Talk 8 Mar 14, 2012 07:05 AM
Sold 9089 Double Horse Shuttle Electric Heli w/Video DVR Senor Jack Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Apr 10, 2011 08:15 PM