SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:04 PM
Noob
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Jan 2012
60 Posts
****EDIT**** Never mind upon further inspection of the little red writting at the bottom of the page I see that it is actually Out Of Stock says item will be in stock on Friday 20 January, 2012.

Well I finally get to contribute something here... I don't know of this sites reputation nor of shipping speeds but I have found a site selling the X350 for $199.00 and it is only $20 to ship to California. Apparently they are Asia based but stock them in the U.S. For anyone interested here's the link...

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...oducts_id=1208
Irock1985 is offline Find More Posts by Irock1985
Last edited by Irock1985; Jan 03, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:22 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985 View Post
****EDIT**** Never mind upon further inspection of the little red writting at the bottom of the page I see that it is actually Out Of Stock says item will be in stock on Friday 20 January, 2012.

Well I finally get to contribute something here... I don't know of this sites reputation nor of shipping speeds but I have found a site selling the X350 for $199.00 and it is only $20 to ship to California $60 to New York???? Apparently they are Asia based but stock them in the U.S. For anyone interested here's the link...

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...oducts_id=1208

NICE FIND!!!! I think that should nudge off the fence all who are contemplating to buy one.

Just love that promotional video of the X350 5A1, it's ripping around outside with all the flags in the background flapping away. but the best part of the video is when they deliberately stuff the X350 3 times into the hard pack and then just picked it up and continued flying.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:49 PM
Noob
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Jan 2012
60 Posts
Yeah after the first hit I was expecting it to be out of commission... Hopefully a few more vids of it will be up as well as some reviews. I can't wait to get one when they come back in stock.

Also edited post it jumped to $60 shipping because I had added it to the cart 3 times lol
Irock1985 is offline Find More Posts by Irock1985
Old Jan 04, 2012, 12:29 AM
U.S. Navy (Ret.)
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
. . . but the best part of the video is when they deliberately stuff the X350 3 times into the hard pack and then just picked it up and continued flying.
That's one TOUGH bird!

Cheers,

Mark
El Paso Mark is offline Find More Posts by El Paso Mark
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:30 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,075 Posts
UPS ground tracking says delivery on Thursday (tomorrow). This is not bad for free shipping. Order placed on 01/01/12 !!
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jan 04, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Must be one of the first x350s in the UK

Teledude is offline Find More Posts by Teledude
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Hey, I checked out parkrcmodels.com and not only do they have the X350 but they sell the complete brushless setup for only $99.95. I believe Hobby People sells the brushless for $130

I'm going with parkrcmodels.com
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:26 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Hey, I checked out parkrcmodels.com and not only do they have the X350 but they sell the complete brushless setup for only $99.95. I believe Hobby People sells the brushless for $130

can you provide a direct link? they do not have the heli yet in stock. i will be very surprised if the carry parts.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post

Yeah, reasonable cost for the brushless motors and 2 brushless speed controls all for $100 shipped "in the US", pretty good! I think I'll wait until I wear out my stock brushed 180 motors, and then will get the brushless kit.

Brushless upgrade kit:

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...oducts_id=1209
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
can you provide a direct link? they do not have the heli yet in stock. i will be very surprised if the carry parts.
Their site says all coming on January 20, in a couple of weeks.

brushless upgrade kit:

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...oducts_id=1209
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:16 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,075 Posts
Thanks for the link DP
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:39 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,075 Posts
UPS just delivered

Any tips before the maiden flight for me? Thanks
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Any tips before the maiden flight for me? Thanks

Try to maiden it on a fairly windless day to get your controls trimmed out properly without having to battle the wind at the same time. Also, do this with the tail control shut off.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:15 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Try to maiden it on a fairly windless day to get your controls trimmed out properly without having to battle the wind at the same time. Also, do this with the tail control shut off.
I just did some indoor short test flights and I really like the response. Today is the perfect day here in AZ to get out for the first outdoor flight sans tail control. Thanks DT
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:36 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,075 Posts
I just came back from a very short outdoor flight. After a soft landing the heli did not lift off with full throttle. I took off the canopy and the red light inside was flashing which means recharge the battery. I did a full first charge before flying the red light was steady on the three green lights were flickering and not flashing so I thought was fully charged after 45 mins charge. After the short outdoor flight returning back home I took off the canopy and tried to charge again the battery. Upon pluging in the red light steady on but the green lights flickering again. Do I have to wait until the flickering goes away and flickering is normal? Is the battery fully charged and i am doing something wrong? Your input is appreciated.