HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:28 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm Renner View Post
I need one of these... no, really. Now if I can just find a euro distibuter... and convince my wife.

Have you tried to contact Extreme-Flyers to ask for a Euro source:

http://extreme-flyers.com/en/index.php/contact-us2
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:48 PM
France, RA, Le Grand-Lemps
Joined Dec 2011
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Have you tried to contact Extreme-Flyers to ask for a Euro source:

http://extreme-flyers.com/en/index.php/contact-us2

Not yet, but I will... after I contact the wife...
Wilhelm Renner is offline Find More Posts by Wilhelm Renner
Old Jan 02, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Been an avid heli user for about 2 weeks and am now addicted!!

Started on a 107g for xmas and upgraded to a red5 u6 5 days later

Wanted something for outside too so after reading this forum and other sites have ordered an x350.... Am from the UK so had to order from the USA.. £200 delivered, and it should be with me this week..will post again with a quick review when it arrives!
Teledude is offline Find More Posts by Teledude
Old Jan 02, 2012, 03:36 PM
Noob
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Where are you guys ordering from everywhere I look says out of stock? and also has anyone had a blade strike yet?
Irock1985 is offline Find More Posts by Irock1985
Old Jan 02, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Ordered mine off eBay...50dollar premium but was shipped next day
Teledude is offline Find More Posts by Teledude
Old Jan 02, 2012, 04:38 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
The winds were pretty hefty. I don't recommend people go out looking to fly their X-350 in the heavy wind. But it is nice to know that any normal flying day, you can plop down your Coaxial ( X350 ) and have fun without worrying if you will need to fish it out of a tree because a squirrel fart sent it spinning to play with a tree. HA HA!

Something I have noticed about the X350 is the amount of work the onboard systems do to help me keep the thing in control. For me this has to be the first Coaxial that will actually go where I want it. It gives me a bit of confidence flying a heli that otherwise is not there. I can't wait to get a whole lot of time behind the sticks. May be this heli will actually help me move to a CP heli?

So call me crazy, but I figured out how to mount a GoPro to the nose. And a buddy of mine and I sat for a few minutes and came up with 10 other ways to mount the camera. More on this later.
Do you mind to share how did you mount the GoPro? I have just ordered mine and I woul like to mount my GoPro too- pics will be appreciated. Thanks
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985 View Post
Where are you guys ordering from everywhere I look says out of stock? and also has anyone had a blade strike yet?
Here is an Ebay seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extreme-X-35...item53ead86fe5
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:10 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
I just got a shipment email. It's coming from CA to AZ. I am so excited and looking forward to flying this bird. I ordered it last night. When I checked back after 5 minutes it was on back order. I think mine was the last one on stock.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
I just got a shipment email. It's coming from CA to AZ. I am so excited and looking forward to flying this bird. I ordered it last night. When I checked back after 5 minutes it was on back order. I think mine was the last one on stock.
Nice! Sounds like you got lucky.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:46 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Nice! Sounds like you got lucky.
I sure did DT
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:58 PM
Noob
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
I just got a shipment email. It's coming from CA to AZ.
Mind sharing where you ordered yours and price? It may be a bit before im ready to purchase but when I do i'd rather it be from a California distributer so it will come quick
Irock1985 is offline Find More Posts by Irock1985
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:14 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985 View Post
Mind sharing where you ordered yours and price? It may be a bit before im ready to purchase but when I do i'd rather it be from a California distributer so it will come quick
http://www.amainhobbies.com
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:15 AM
Rotory-Winged Animal
The Banning Pass, CA
Joined Sep 2006
141 Posts
Radio Issues

Curious to know if any of you X350 owners will experience this. I was flying my X350 today in FF at about 100 ft away, around 75 ft up, and the main motors start to intermittently cut out. It would only happen with the tail directly toward me at that approx distance and height. When I would change orientation, motors would stop cutting out. Well, I tried this a couple times, and on the third attempt, the motors completely cut out, blades slapped each other, and she fell like a dead bird. Only damage was to the canopy. I've got at least 20 flights on the helicopter, with the original alkaline batteries in the transmitter. No low voltage warning yet, but I'm thinking maybe the transmitter power is less now due to weaker batteries, causing weaker reception, and thus brown out. Going to change the TX batteries the next time I play to see if there is a change for the better.
Anti-G is offline Find More Posts by Anti-G
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:39 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-G View Post
Curious to know if any of you X350 owners will experience this. I was flying my X350 today in FF at about 100 ft away, around 75 ft up, and the main motors start to intermittently cut out. It would only happen with the tail directly toward me at that approx distance and height. When I would change orientation, motors would stop cutting out. Well, I tried this a couple times, and on the third attempt, the motors completely cut out, blades slapped each other, and she fell like a dead bird. Only damage was to the canopy. I've got at least 20 flights on the helicopter, with the original alkaline batteries in the transmitter. No low voltage warning yet, but I'm thinking maybe the transmitter power is less now due to weaker batteries, causing weaker reception, and thus brown out. Going to change the TX batteries the next time I play to see if there is a change for the better.
I am awaiting mine to be delivered any day now. One of the reasons I took the plunge for a $200 heli is to avoid the sub $100 problems like the one you are describing. Such problems happened to me (loosing power drop and then continuing to fly-with brand new batteries on Tx and fully charged on the Rx)to both of my S032 and DH9104.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 02:48 PM
Rotory-Winged Animal
The Banning Pass, CA
Joined Sep 2006
141 Posts
Took a voltmeter to tx batteries, voltage 1.5 per cell, good. Im thinking it is static buildup causing motors to cut out, messing with escs. Going to spray gears with silicon lube to see if there is improvement.
Anti-G is offline Find More Posts by Anti-G