Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Ditto!
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Newbe

I just took the plunge & became owner of the X-350, I have been reading all the imput on the Forum, it is very help full. Nice that everyone shares events & info, I'm glad to be part of it all !!
I am wondering if I should just do all the upgrades while it is new.. Confused
hd001 is offline Find More Posts by hd001
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:44 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd001 View Post
I just took the plunge & became owner of the X-350, I have been reading all the imput on the Forum, it is very help full. Nice that everyone shares events & info, I'm glad to be part of it all !!
I am wondering if I should just do all the upgrades while it is new.. Confused
Welcome to the forum. For starters just do the high performance shaft in order to save on blades, etc. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
O.K. Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
I unpacked my new X350 Yesterday charged battery untill all green lights stop flashing installed four AA in transmitter. Turned on transmitter then plug in receiver, heard the three beeps after moving the throttle stick forward then back I have solid red light on receiver & transmitter. Nothing, I do hear the servo's initialize when I plug in battery. Of course I live in FL. "time zone" when I called Global, it was late they are going for the week end !! Can anyone help me, maybe had the same thing happen ?? Was really looking to fly the bird today, going to be a long week end !!!!!!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:00 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,005 Posts
Quote:
I unpacked my new X350 Yesterday charged battery untill all green lights stop flashing installed four AA in transmitter. Turned on transmitter then plug in receiver, heard the three beeps after moving the throttle stick forward then back I have solid red light on receiver & transmitter. Nothing, I do hear the servo's initialize when I plug in battery. Of course I live in FL. "time zone" when I called Global, it was late they are going for the week end !! Can anyone help me, maybe had the same thing happen ?? Was really looking to fly the bird today, going to be a long week end !!!!!!
Read the manual one more time. There is a safety issue with the throttle. You must move the throttle all the way forward and the back before start flying....
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:37 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
I have performed working the throttle safety, still nothing, newbie talking here, it's almost like something isn't plug in..
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:37 PM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,025 Posts
Rebind the radio with the helicopter.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Been trying to upload pic of Radio, could'nt get it, sorry but did get the bird up, WOW .... Going to take somtime to get the touch down, foresure !!

Seems I have a issue with the Radio, the beginner ch. # 2 & 3 don't work, The second # 3- 5 will work but only have control to Aileron's thru ch4 & 5.. I will have to call Global Monday.. I don't get it....
Thanks Thetis & Tim
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:47 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Been trying to upload pic of Radio, could'nt get it, sorry but did get the bird up, WOW .... Going to take somtime to get the touch down, foresure !!

Seems I have a issue with the Radio, the beginner ch. # 2 & 3 don't work, The second # 3- 5 will work but only have control to Aileron's thru ch4 & 5.. I will have to call Global Monday.. I don't get it....
Thanks Thetis & Tim
Looking at the Tx pic, mine is not the same. BTW why all at the servo reverser switches are @ REV instead of normal?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Looking at the Tx pic, mine is not the same. BTW why all at the servo reverser switches are @ REV instead of normal?
Thetis, just talk with Global service, I was told the beginner ch's 2 & 3 don't work I needed to be on ch 4 which is how I'll been flying it over the week end.. ch 5 works the tail motor " I'm not ready for that just yet !!! He said I have the new model don't have a manual for it yet, came with the old one, he said new one's have antenna off the front of the controller...
Seem's they made adjustments to the heli, I 'v had no blades slap yet !! I do love the bird ...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:55 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Thetis, just talk with Global service, I was told the beginner ch's 2 & 3 don't work I needed to be on ch 4 which is how I'll been flying it over the week end.. ch 5 works the tail motor " I'm not ready for that just yet !!! He said I have the new model don't have a manual for it yet, came with the old one, he said new one's have antenna off the front of the controller...
Seem's they made adjustments to the heli, I 'v had no blades slap yet !! I do love the bird ...
I am glad you love the bird. Happy landings
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
Holiday Price drop! Still Free Shipping!
Bill, Are you selling the new model ? antenna comes off the front of the 5&1 controller.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Feb 2013
796 Posts
Just (finally) got my brushless conversion working. There's an issue with how the connectors are attached to the motor wires. The manufacturer stripped too much insulation off the wires and then soldered them (poorly) to the 3 connectors, covering their shoddy workmanship with heat-shrink. I had a 'dead' B-motor (the one on the bottom of the skid assembly) and with H&H Hobbies help managed to get it fixed by swapping parts around till I found the source of the intermittent motor.

If you have a failure during installation or after a crash, check the wires and connectors at the motor and ESC ends of the 3-wire connectors. They break easily and can be easily repaired. Brushless out-runner type motors are pretty rugged and I assumed they would have rugged wires/connectors as well (not!).

Another item is that I've tried using other blades with my X-350 Sport. The ones from the Double Horse Volitation are nearly identical to the older stock X-350 blades without the hinge limiting stops. They're about an inch longer and have slightly longer chord (length from leading to trailing edge) which results in lower rotor RPM and a more stable (for me) flight indoors. The holes for the bushings are ever-so-slightly larger but it doesn't cause a problem. The Volitation blades are marked A-1 and B which are reversed from the X-350 blades. Change one at a time and it will be obvious which goes where.

Volitation blades may be cheaper too (important if you damage them a lot like I do). I've experienced a bit longer run-time (11 minutes hovering indoors) with these blades too. Odd, since they should require more motor torque to spin them at the same speed. Maybe the increased lift they provide, which needs less rotor RPM, gets the motors into a speed range where they're more efficient. Or maybe it just results in less wasted rotor wash compared to the shorter, less chord, stock blades.

I'm having a problem with weight distribution. The way I understand it, when hovering the two rotor discs should be parallel and the swash-plate pretty much level. Even with the ESCs mounted as far rearward as practical there's too much forward weight bias in my opinion. I plan to add an LED/beeping battery voltage monitor and will hang it off the rear to give me a more even weight distribution. I think it's got a higher voltage sensor than the one in the receiver so I'll have some warning before it begins its rapid decent at the low-voltage throttling point. We'll see - It's on a slow-boat from the far-east somewhere.

Bob in MA
ST_Bob is offline Find More Posts by ST_Bob
Last edited by ST_Bob; Feb 04, 2013 at 09:50 PM.