HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Nov 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
If I get an answer from Global Hobby I will let you know. But I'm only guessing about the blades.
I would recommend flying it without the tail motor engaged until you gain confidence. It actually has pretty good authority in 4 channel mode.
Well yeah, I was planning on that, im just saying for when i first decide to use the 5th channel, i don't wanna dive the damn thing into the ground lol
Dr. Bogger is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Bogger
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:16 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
641 Posts
The trick is to be very light, very light, on the forward at first.
This is a very capable bird and can really boogie.
Did I mention to take it easy? lol
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Nov 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
The trick is to be very light, very light, on the forward at first.
This is a very capable bird and can really boogie.
Did I mention to take it easy? lol
Yes Sir!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
119 Posts
Okay, I just found out something REALLY Strange...

I went to pickup the Radio for the X-350 to move it, and when i did, the antenna fell off.. For a minute I thought I broke it... But after looking at it more, it's not even a real antenna... It's a decoy.. a decoration... Just goes to show the quality of things "Made in China".

Does anybody know the range on these things? I don't wanna be flying, then all of a sudden loose signal...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:38 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
641 Posts
You're never gonna fly that thing far enough away to lose signal. You won't be able to see it
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Nov 2012
119 Posts
H&H, Did you get an answer back about the different types of tail blades yet?
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:17 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
641 Posts
no, unfortunately. I'm out of town and I spent yesterday traveling. It slipped my mind.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:36 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
The curved type tail blade was used in the first gen models....if I may say so..
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
119 Posts
I received my X350 the other day, and I went out and did a test flight today.

For some reason, I have full backwards trim on the elevator, and it still wants to fly forward when hovering. I just can't trim it enough.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?
What could caused elevator trim issues?

==============

Also, another questions I have is, will the AnyLink allow me to use my DX6i transmitter with the X350?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:47 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bogger View Post
I received my X350 the other day, and I went out and did a test flight today.

For some reason, I have full backwards trim on the elevator, and it still wants to fly forward when hovering. I just can't trim it enough.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?
What could caused elevator trim issues?

==============

Also, another questions I have is, will the AnyLink allow me to use my DX6i transmitter with the X350?
Did you contact and get support from Global?
http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:54 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
The curved type tail blade was used in the first gen models....if I may say so..
You certainly may, and you would be correct too!
The only thing I got out of Global was, "Try both and see if you can notice a difference"
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
I recently had to replace the aluminum frame plate due to a crash. Got everything back together and it worked fine. Flying around the yard fine. I put it away for the day. The next day I took it to my bro-in-laws house, and I can't get this thing to fly at all! It is spinning around out of control like nothing I have ever seen!! Counter clockwise. I tried to trim it out, but it is unbelievable!! Strange cause it was flying great the day before, and I did nothing to it over night. Is a motor dieing? I hear they burn out easily. Any experts know what would cause this?
mebillica is offline Find More Posts by mebillica
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:52 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebillica View Post
I recently had to replace the aluminum frame plate due to a crash. Got everything back together and it worked fine. Flying around the yard fine. I put it away for the day. The next day I took it to my bro-in-laws house, and I can't get this thing to fly at all! It is spinning around out of control like nothing I have ever seen!! Counter clockwise. I tried to trim it out, but it is unbelievable!! Strange cause it was flying great the day before, and I did nothing to it over night. Is a motor dieing? I hear they burn out easily. Any experts know what would cause this?
Are upper and lower blades spinning? Or only one? Yea, you tuck it into the bed you kiss goodnight and next morning has pneumonia. The brushed motors usually die when you try the next time after a good flight.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Are upper and lower blades spinning? Or only one? Yea, you tuck it into the bed you kiss goodnight and next morning has pneumonia. The brushed motors usually die when you try the next time after a good flight.

Yes, both blades spin, I get good lift. Just keeps rotating and rotating and rotating non stop! I try to trim it out, but it just slows it down, then I hit max on the trim. I have to fight with it to keep it from spinning. It's not a servo adjustment, not sure what to do. I am thinking it's just a burnt motor. The day before I had awesome flights, and maybe the motor got too hot?
mebillica is offline Find More Posts by mebillica
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebillica View Post
Yes, both blades spin, I get good lift. Just keeps rotating and rotating and rotating non stop! I try to trim it out, but it just slows it down, then I hit max on the trim. I have to fight with it to keep it from spinning. It's not a servo adjustment, not sure what to do. I am thinking it's just a burnt motor. The day before I had awesome flights, and maybe the motor got too hot?
Call Global for support.