SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
The two problems that have been reported with this heli are:
One of the Brushed motors, Specifically the "B" motor has worn out prematurely on some. This is a result of the motor running Hot.
I have not had this problem with mine but RCG member Thetis has reported it happening twice on his heli, forcing him to replace the brushed motors a second time. He finally went brushless and seems to be doing well with that upgrade in place.
That being said, I personally do not believe it to be a widespread problem but it has happened.

Next, The most common problem that has been reported on many of these (including mine) has been the upper and lower rotor blades coming in contact with each other when flown faster or more aggressively or in wind.
This problem is cured by installing the "Hi performance Shaft Upgrade" for the X350, a $15.99 item and about 30 min of bench time.
Recently the Blade holders have been changed to a different design, supposedly holing the blades more securely. I've been told by my Global rep that it helps to address the blade strike problem.
I can't confirm this as I still have the old design blade grips on mine and have yet to change.
The new models come with the new blade holders from the factory.
I have sold several of these helis through my shop and have had very positive feedback from my customers .
I have had a blast with mine . It really is a heck of a flyer.

Hope this helps
Les
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:26 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I read some earlier post about some issues with this heli. Can anyone confirm if they have been resolved or are there long term fixes. The thought of a coax that can fly outside with some wind is very interesting.
Frank
I agree with what H&H . Regarding the insecure blade holding see my #299 which depicts way back my solution due to flying out blades. Although I am not flying as often the x350 as I used to, the BL conversion and the HP shaft made a big difference. Overall, in my book from 1-10 this is 6.5. My two cents. BTW H&H has a great service.
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:37 PM
Virginia
Joined Jun 2007
55 Posts
Thanks for the reply's guy's. I'll have to give this serious consideration now that
I can feel a bit more comfortable with this heli.
Fank
fazool is offline Find More Posts by fazool
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:32 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
BTW, I'm getting a new shipment of X350's in stock next week and I'm going to make a special price on the brushless upgtade!
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
I bought a X350 from H&H last week. Apparently the truck drove into a ravine. UPS hasn't updated the shipment since it left NJ on Nov.1. Hopefully I'll hear something next week.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:40 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
I'll keep an eye on it too.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:54 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycamaro View Post
I bought a X350 from H&H last week. Apparently the truck drove into a ravine. UPS hasn't updated the shipment since it left NJ on Nov.1. Hopefully I'll hear something next week.
just checked. it made it to IN
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
I saw that. Hope it's worth the wait. I just received my Walkera Hoten-X today and so far it's great.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Replacement canopies.

I received my X-350. Five seconds into the first flight in a light breeze, it nosed in to the concrete from three feet up and busted up the canopy. I took it into the garage and flew it for a few minutes and everything but the canopy is fine. Does anybody have a list of replacement canopies in this forum? Do any of them fit the stock mounting posts or do they have to be modified to fit? Are there any sources that sell the canopy for less than $22 including S&H? Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:01 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
$19 shipped.
Some guys have fitted blade canopies with success. there are example in this thread, They all have to be fitted

Post 531 on page 36 shows a Blade 400 Canopy mounted
The Blade canopy is more $ than the stock one BTW
Last edited by H&H; Nov 07, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:46 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
My x350 canopy was broken after my third try. A quick fix was to use pieces of transparent packing tape over the canopy. It worked and still does, but after seeing a Blade 400 canopy at my local LHS for $15 I wanted to try it. It worked as well but keep in mind I am always flying over grass, not concrete. My suggestion is try to avoid flying over hard surfaces if you can.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:52 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
794 Posts
Can anyone advise me as to where I can buy one of these in the Uk. The only ones I've seen are to be ordered from overseas and come in around the £240!! They appear to be only around $240 there! Maybe I should Import a pile of them and become a uk distributer
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:29 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe View Post
Can anyone advise me as to where I can buy one of these in the Uk. The only ones I've seen are to be ordered from overseas and come in around the £240!! They appear to be only around $240 there! Maybe I should Import a pile of them and become a uk distributer
Back in January people from UK were asking the same questions. If you check the early threads someone ordered from eBay but paid $50 shipping. At that time the selling price was $199. BTW check with H&H.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
I had a long flight with the X-350 today. It carried a camera on it but the heli shook so bad the video is not very good. I was extremely happy with the helicopter though. I hope to find a better way to mount the camera on future flights. How can you tell if you have the new blade holders on your X-350?

X 350 over Sarabeth Lane (6 min 26 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:13 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
if you could post a pic I can confirm it for you. I am sure you do have them though