HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:33 PM
tishomingo,oklahoma
Joined Aug 2003
70 Posts
if i rember correctly.......that video was the first flight with the bl motors.....i took it very easy, to check if i put everything in correctly....i will send you a video of " ringing it out"...paul
pault is offline Find More Posts by pault
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:52 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Bad motor or 5 in1?

I have a x 350 and after a wall strike, motor B [upper blades]did not work. I flopped the plugs and motor B wouldn't work. So I ordered 2 new motors and only replaced motor B. Upon power up the upper blade started spinning full speed. I unplugged and shut off transmitter. Even without transmitter the upper blade spun at full speed. So I guess the question is ; is it the 5 in 1 or what? Can the 5 in 1 be reset?
bstadtler is offline Find More Posts by bstadtler
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
tishomingo,oklahoma
Joined Aug 2003
70 Posts
...bstadtler......i have had very good results calling hobby people product support...i think the tech's name is russel?...he has helped me on many a phone call and is very knowledgeable on the 350....hobbypeople.net.....click on "contact us".....the product support or customer service number is there...they might have you mail them the 5 in 1 and replace it if its bad..pault
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
...bstadtler......i have had very good results calling hobby people product support...i think the tech's name is russel?...he has helped me on many a phone call and is very knowledgeable on the 350....hobbypeople.net.....click on "contact us".....the product support or customer service number is there...they might have you mail them the 5 in 1 and replace it if its bad..pault
Thanks sent them an email. See what they say.
bstadtler is offline Find More Posts by bstadtler
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Welp, just ordered the x350 and shaft hop-up. A week ago I had 0 heli's. Then bought syma 107g. Loved it, but wanted something for outdoors. Went through and read ALL 48 pages in this forum about the x350, hope it's the one for me.........
mebillica is offline Find More Posts by mebillica
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:04 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebillica View Post
Welp, just ordered the x350 and shaft hop-up. A week ago I had 0 heli's. Then bought syma 107g. Loved it, but wanted something for outdoors. Went through and read ALL 48 pages in this forum about the x350, hope it's the one for me.........
s107g to x350 is a very big jump. Remember to be very gentle with the sticks. Good luck.
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
s107g to x350 is a very big jump. Remember to be very gentle with the sticks. Good luck.
lol, yeah thanx. I'm sure there will be plenty of repairs in my future.......
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
LOVE this helicopter! Gentle on the sticks, flies great! Great 1st copter for me!!

Questions: what lipos are everyone using? where do you buy them? The stock 850 sux, not long enough, and $43 for another one is waaaay too expensive! Also, what other canopies fit good? I read earlier the blade 400?

Thanks!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:45 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
LOVE this helicopter! Gentle on the sticks, flies great! Great 1st copter for me!!

Questions: what lipos are everyone using? where do you buy them? The stock 850 sux, not long enough, and $43 for another one is waaaay too expensive! Also, what other canopies fit good? I read earlier the blade 400?

Thanks!
Check with H&H hobbies. He is a frequent poster here and carries non OEM batteries for the x350.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Check with H&H hobbies. He is a frequent poster here and carries non OEM batteries for the x350.

K, Thanx. Also I have been having a little problem. I did the long shaft hop up, and the lower rotor mounts that screws into the outer shaft doesn't hold position on the little holes. (sorry if my terminology is bad, I am a newbie) Are those screws supposed to screw into the outer shaft? doesn't seem like it. If I had to guess, it is just to locate the screws, but they aren't able to be tight enough. Essentially, what happens is the bottom rotor doesn't spin, and I get no lift. Suggestions?
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:19 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
K, Thanx. Also I have been having a little problem. I did the long shaft hop up, and the lower rotor mounts that screws into the outer shaft doesn't hold position on the little holes. (sorry if my terminology is bad, I am a newbie)
Make sure the screws meet the flat part of the shaft. If they don't you will face the described problem unless motor B is dead. I had twice this problem with motor B before going BL.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:11 PM
tishomingo,oklahoma
Joined Aug 2003
70 Posts
paul and his chopper (3 min 24 sec)
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Make sure the screws meet the flat part of the shaft. If they don't you will face the described problem unless motor B is dead. I had twice this problem with motor B before going BL.
I think they are in the "flat" (it's more a hole, than flat) At first I thought it screwed into it, but never tightened. What I think might be happening is that the plastic has stripped, and the screw backs out with vibration. Think I need a new Lower Rotor Spindle. I tried "Lock Tight" on the screw, but that didn't help.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:41 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
I think they are in the "flat" (it's more a hole, than flat) At first I thought it screwed into it, but never tightened. What I think might be happening is that the plastic has stripped, and the screw backs out with vibration. Think I need a new Lower Rotor Spindle. I tried "Lock Tight" on the screw, but that didn't help.
Look at the attached pic. There is no hole, and I do not follow "that the plastic has stripped". Which plastic are you referring to?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:44 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
Nice spin. I see couple of times almost settles on the ground and then takes off by applying throttle. It does the same to me outdoors, and I was wondering why?