HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,416 Posts
Well excuse me for trying to help you! I am simply stating physics, backed by considerable empirical evidence. If you choose to interpret this as bashing, that's your business. If you understood the physics, you would come to the same conclusion. A 45° flybar and 120° swashplate will damp movement better than any design I've seen. There's no magic formula or trick. You don't have to fly every heli to know how it will behave. A radio controlled heli must follow the dictates of it's design. If you read the F45 and 9116 and V911 threads you would draw the same conclusions as well, as each of these models get progressively slower responding and more ponderous, as you increase the size. That is in the words of the people who own them, not me.

As for MJX not being DH that's true. But, they both source their helis from the same design house. Other than electronics, they are identical. Do you really think two entirely independent companies both came up with identical unusual designs, with exactly the same sizes and weights? I suppose you think there's a dozen different companies making identical Trex clones, too. And they all came up with the same head revision at the same time.

I have frequently stated I have a degenerative nerve condition in both hands, so my flying skills are not good and getting worse. So I strive to teach as much as possible while I'm still able to contribute.

I'll ignore your posts going forward. Sorry if I offend you.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jun 18, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Well excuse me for trying to help you! I am simply stating physics, backed by considerable empirical evidence. If you choose to interpret this as bashing, that's your business. If you understood the physics, you would come to the same conclusion. A 45° flybar and 120° swashplate will damp movement better than any design I've seen. There's no magic formula or trick. You don't have to fly every heli to know how it will behave. A radio controlled heli must follow the dictates of it's design. If you read the F45 and 9116 and V911 threads you would draw the same conclusions as well, as each of these models get progressively slower responding and more ponderous, as you increase the size. That is in the words of the people who own them, not me.

As for MJX not being DH that's true. But, they both source their helis from the same design house. Other than electronics, they are identical. Do you really think two entirely independent companies both came up with identical unusual designs, with exactly the same sizes and weights? I suppose you think there's a dozen different companies making identical Trex clones, too. And they all came up with the same head revision at the same time.

I'll ignore your posts going forward. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorry to strike a nerve like that - it truly was not my intention.

What prompted my response was your comment about the F45 having 'poor movement authority, probably the weakest of any FP heli', which, without proper context, could turn others away from a sub-$100 heli that flys great out of the box and is a lot of fun to fly. It would seem that I enjoy my F45 much like you enjoy your MQX.

Even a large, heavy, 45 deg flybarred, 120 deg swashplate heli can be 'relatively' quick and responsive. In terms of maneuverability the little lightweight V911 is much more 'hummingbird' like, and I can fly it in my house or back yard. The F45 needs more space but is much faster and more fun and challenging imo/ime.

If you still wish to ignore my posts that is your right. But I will be (silently) following yours because I see that you give a lot of very solid advice, just sometimes come across in strong, poorly worded opinions.

Now here's my, probably controversial, opinion. I think the V911 replaces the s107 as entry level rc helicopter. It is inexpensive, decent build quality, and easy to fly and repair.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:15 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Sorry about that little go-around folks.

I now ask the question again.

Has anybody actually flown both the X350 and the MJX F45 or similar medium to large size fixed pitch?

I am very interested in how they compare in stability, speed, handling, and of course wind.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Sorry about that little go-around folks.

I now ask the question again.

Has anybody actually flown both the X350 and the MJX F45 or similar medium to large size fixed pitch?

I am very interested in how they compare in stability, speed, handling, and of course wind.

regards . . . g
It seems to me you are going to wait for a long time for an answer
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, MA, Norwood
Joined Dec 2006
71 Posts
Seems a Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
It seems to me you are going to wait for a long time for an answer
I just recieved my X350 - & it seems a shame that this thread is stalled over a misunderstanding & not continue discussing this exciting heli
heloguy is offline Find More Posts by heloguy
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
I just recieved my X350 - & it seems a shame that this thread is stalled over a misunderstanding & not continue discussing this exciting heli

Congrats on the purchase! Post back and let us know your impressions
Time To Fly is offline Find More Posts by Time To Fly
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,001 Posts
Quote:
I was referring of someone having the X350 & F45 so he could provide an answer to the poster. I am sure you misunderstood my quotation. Anyway, welcome to the X350 club. Tell us about the good the bad and the ugly if any.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Dec 2006
71 Posts
will be taking her up

Quote:
I was referring of someone having the X350 & F45 so he could provide an answer to the poster. I am sure you misunderstood my quotation. Anyway, welcome to the X350 club. Tell us about the good the bad and the ugly if any.
Looking forward to taking her up this week-end - I'm betting it will handle unlike any thing else I have flown
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:38 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,001 Posts
Quote:
Looking forward to taking her up this week-end - I'm betting it will handle unlike any thing else I have flown
Be very gentle with the sticks! Again very gentle. Happy Flying
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:10 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,001 Posts
Quote:
Give us some feedback. How did she handle? Have you installed the HP shaft before maiden?
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Dec 2006
71 Posts
Nice

Quote:
Give us some feedback. How did she handle? Have you installed the HP shaft before maiden?
Very nice - reminds me of the precise-swash plate/handing of my eflite Blade CX coax heli but I always wished it had more forward speed . And the x-350 certainly does. It RoCkS !!!!! A very fun addition to my small heli fleet. I did not install the other shaft since I did not want to wait to fly until I get one. As I give it forward cyclic and the tail rotor come up and the heli roars ahead - it reminds me of the old TV series M.A.S.H. where the helis comes roaring over the hill to the landing site.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:20 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Happy Days! Good luck with yours!
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:17 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,001 Posts
Quote:

Very nice - reminds me of the precise-swash plate/handing of my eflite Blade CX coax heli but I always wished it had more forward speed . And the x-350 certainly does. It RoCkS !!!!! A very fun addition to my small heli fleet. I did not install the other shaft since I did not want to wait to fly until I get one. As I give it forward cyclic and the tail rotor come up and the heli roars ahead - it reminds me of the old TV series M.A.S.H. where the helis comes roaring over the hill to the landing site.
I am glad you have good time with her (don't let wife knowing). Install the HP shaft not only to avoid blade strikes but enjoy better performance too.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Dec 2006
71 Posts
Buddy box

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
Happy Days! Good luck with yours!
Would you know if some kind of buddy box arrangement is possible ? My wife is asking to try flying it.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:59 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
you do not have that option with the radio which kind of sucks, But Maybe a little ground school could prep her for a hovering attempt...
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H