SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 23, 2012, 06:31 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
do you know the size you need? 2mm? 2.5? 3mm?
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 06:33 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
The Attack 350 has been released and I will be getting a couple in shortly as well as the non standard parts
Old May 24, 2012, 07:42 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&H View Post
do you know the size you need? 2mm? 2.5? 3mm?
The ones I have are 2.5mm but I probably need 3mm. I will find out on Saturday.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old May 24, 2012, 07:55 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,008 Posts
Quote:
The Attack 350 has been released and I will be getting a couple in shortly as well as the non standard parts
Looks to me the same like the X350 but with a different body and the HP shaft factory installed. Needless to say more expensive than the X350.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
it does have a few differences. Apparently the frame , battery, 5 in 1 rec/gyro unit is different as well as the skids and body parts.
Old May 24, 2012, 04:38 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,008 Posts
Quote:
it does have a few differences. Apparently the frame , battery, 5 in 1 rec/gyro unit is different as well as the skids and body parts.
Thanks for the update. Did you fly her yet?. BTW I resolved today the screw problem. On each motor two screws are 2mm and two 3mm. Go figure! Now my next task is to mount the pinions I want to be ready when the current motor(s) quit.
Last edited by Thetis; May 27, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old May 25, 2012, 01:30 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
My helis and parts are in transit as I type. I will most likely be putting my personal demo X350 up for sale and will be flying the new Attack 350 when they arrive.

I know that no product is perfect but once I installed the high performance shaft, my X350 has given me lots of fun flying and I believe more than ever that they are worth the higher price.

I do not know of any other similar chopper that does what this is capable of out of the box.
That's not saleman bs either. I really believe it

P.S. Glad to hear you have your screw sizes sorted. I am looking forward to a flight report.
I have been offering my factory brushless turnkey systems at a signifigant discount ( they are priced too high IMO) and they have been selling well.
It will be interesting to compare the HK setup with the EF setup
Old May 27, 2012, 01:47 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,008 Posts
Quote:
My helis and parts are in transit as I type. I will most likely be putting my personal demo X350 up for sale and will be flying the new Attack 350 when they arrive.

I know that no product is perfect but once I installed the high performance shaft, my X350 has given me lots of fun flying and I believe more than ever that they are worth the higher price.

I do not know of any other similar chopper that does what this is capable of out of the box.
That's not saleman bs either. I really believe it

P.S. Glad to hear you have your screw sizes sorted. I am looking forward to a flight report.
I have been offering my factory brushless turnkey systems at a signifigant discount ( they are priced too high IMO) and they have been selling well.
It will be interesting to compare the HK setup with the EF setup
I am looking forward to your review of the Attack 350. My HK mod will go live when the current 180s go bust. I was wondering how CarlP is doing with his HK mod? This thread is like a nova star
Old May 29, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
I am looking forward to your review of the Attack 350. My HK mod will go live when the current 180s go bust. I was wondering how CarlP is doing with his HK mod? This thread is like a nova star
My 350 is flying very well on the HK setup. No complaints here, certainly not for the same price as stock motors.
CarlP is offline Find More Posts by CarlP
Old May 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP View Post
My 350 is flying very well on the HK setup. No complaints here, certainly not for the same price as stock motors.
Great to hear that. I guess I got to wait until my motors are gone bust before I do the mod. Did you use any mounting plates when installing the brushless motors? In my case they were in the picture description but not in the box when I received them.
Old May 30, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Quote:
Great to hear that. I guess I got to wait until my motors are gone bust before I do the mod. Did you use any mounting plates when installing the brushless motors? In my case they were in the picture description but not in the box when I received them.
No, no mounting plates used but I did have to modify the mounting surface, both the plastic and the metal portions.
CarlP is offline Find More Posts by CarlP
Old May 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,008 Posts
Keyfob/keychain camera

Has anybody mounted a keyfob camera yet?
Old May 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP View Post
No, no mounting plates used but I did have to modify the mounting surface, both the plastic and the metal portions.
Thanks for the reply.
Old May 31, 2012, 02:55 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Attack 350 helis arrived today with support, and hop up parts.
I took one out to examine. Looks pretty cool. Like a little Apache
I still like the stealthy look of the X350 quite a bit.
Haven't flown one yet but I don't expect a radical difference.
The battery is a 1000mah 3 cell and per my usual resourseful self, I have sourced replacement Lipos that will be less than 1/2 the price of the stock packs. They will probably be a little lighter too and 30C rather than 25C.

I'm getting pretty darn good with my 350 and was zooming around my yard last night burning through a full charge.
This is a seriously capable machine! I must have had that thing going 30mph in FFF.
The more I fly this heli the more I enjoy it.
Old May 31, 2012, 02:57 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Quote:
Has anybody mounted a keyfob camera yet?
I have a HK Cam that I plan on trying out on this heli. I am sure it will carry no problem.