HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:36 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Motor B dead

After 24 seven mins flight my motor B does not work. I checked the connections but I did not see anything wrong. Is there anything else I must check before I reach my check book?
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:04 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
Plug motor A in to the motor B slot just to make sure.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:51 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
Plug motor A in to the motor B slot just to make sure.
I did but nothing. Eventually B is dead. I guess I have to buy both for $29.95. Is there any option to buy just B. Thanks Tim.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:54 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
WAIT!...lol You tried the working motor in the slot that you have one dead motor and the working motor did not run?
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:27 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
WAIT!...lol You tried the working motor in the slot that you have one dead motor and the working motor did not run?
I plugged the blue (working motor A) to the red (B motor on the 5 to 1). It was just A motor spinning. Then I plugged B into blue (A motor) and again only motor A was working.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
$29.99... That's a 1/3 of the way there....go brushless.
CarlP is offline Find More Posts by CarlP
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Other then some hovering in the basement, to adjust bad tendencies, I finally flew the x350 for the first time and I flew outdoors....WOW, what fun this heli is. Had 3 great flights ran 3 batteries dry with no crashes, never been able to fly any heli successfully.......not that I haven't tried....did have to adjust for bad toilet bowl effect and both servo arms needed setting due to tendencies that the trim levers couldn't fix. ......bought it used....All I can say is...NICE.....
I did modify the transmitter for lipo operation, 7.4v 900ma. That'll last 25 or so hours of flying. If you've been wanting to fly a fun easy to learn on heli....this is it.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:24 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP View Post
$29.99... That's a 1/3 of the way there....go brushless.
More than four times @ $129.99
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
$99 was the best price I've seen...
You can do better at hobbyking. Motors $11. ESC. $7. Pinion gear $2. Around $50 total I'd say.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:27 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
$99 was the best price I've seen...
You can do better at hobbyking. Motors $11. ESC. $7. Pinion gear $2. Around $50 total I'd say.
Yes, those prices were around new year's, but no longer. Wow, Could you please provide me some part numbers from HK since there are so many of them. I will appreciate your help. I have not decided yet if I will place the order for the A,B motors from Hobby People. Thank you for letting me know.
Last edited by Thetis; Mar 05, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

ESC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6584

Or anything similar will work.. Just get the specs of the motor or ESC and make sure it fits.
When I say "it fits"I mean from mounting holes to Kv speed to the ability to find a pinion that will fit it. I find the modifying and experimenting to be as much fun as flying. As soon as my motors die I will be ordering the above or something close...if not sooner...
Last edited by CarlP; Mar 05, 2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added info
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
BTW, the above suggestions were made in another thread for a different bird but they apply to any heli with 180 motors.

At quick glance I'd say 2 of these would work... Power wise they'd do but I would check the mounting area for space and whether the shaft was long enough to reach the gear.... You can do the whole setup for $70 with these.
I'm at work now but when I get home, or better said, when I get a free minute I'm going to check the mounting and see if these would work.
Last edited by CarlP; Mar 05, 2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added info
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
Quote:
Motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

ESC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6584

Or anything similar will work.. Just get the specs of the motor or ESC and make sure it fits.
When I say "it fits"I mean from mounting holes to Kv speed to the ability to find a pinion that will fit it. I find the modifying and experimenting to be as much fun as flying. As soon as my motors die I will be ordering the above or something close...if not sooner...
IMHO, the C-10 2900 motor won't be big enough. Those are for a CX-2/ Lama 4 and they could stand to be a litlle bit bigger for those heli's let alone one that's larger.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Mar 05, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Sep 2003
73 Posts
Well, that being true, I was naming off a cheap alternative to spending the $29 on brushed motors. The above motors will produce 110Watts and that's just a bit more than the stock motors. You will gain more efficient and longer lasting motors. Find a couple of motors that'll spin fast enough and give you 150 to 175 Watts and the thing will move, maybe too much, we all love the extra power. When it's time for me to do mine it'll depend on what's available at a good price that'll fit in the space.
Last edited by CarlP; Mar 05, 2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:41 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Well, that being true, I was naming off a cheap alternative to spending the $29 on brushed motors. The above motors will produce 110Watts and that's just a bit more than the stock motors. You will gain more efficient and longer lasting motors. Find a couple of motors that'll spin fast enough and give you 150 to 175 Watts and the thing will move, maybe too much, we all love the extra power. When it's time for me to do mine it'll depend on what's available at a good price that'll fit in the space.
Nobody so far posted here the recommended brushless upgrade so I do not know if the cost of $130, is justified. I am going to wait until you do a cost justified upgrade and let us know. So, said that I will keep her grounded until that time. Thanks for your input.