Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:55 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
Yep, can't wait to get mine.
Tim, did you order yours with the free shipping deal also?

Been waiting for a RC VTOL Aircraft that doesn't require to be flown at a flying field and can be flown in typical wind conditions for So Cal.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:20 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
I plan to pick one up from their store in Fountain Valley.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:09 PM
Captain Murdock Flys Again!
Joined Nov 2011
68 Posts
Only one thing stopping me.

My. Wife. Would. KILL. Me.

WillieB69 is offline Find More Posts by WillieB69
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:20 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieB69 View Post
Only one thing stopping me.

My. Wife. Would. KILL. Me.

Aww hell, what do you want to live forever or something?

Just go for it dude........pull the trigger on this bad boy.......you know you want to.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 02:10 PM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
woohoo! Picked one up!! I had a little fun with it inside last night. This thing is much more controllable than your run of the mill dual rotor Heli. It is stable yet you can fly around smoothly and with authority. LOL I almost flew it into myself. I used the TX to smack it to the ground before it hit me. I though for sure I broke it, but it did not break. May be I will get a chance to fly it outside soon.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:06 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
woohoo! Picked one up!! I had a little fun with it inside last night. This thing is much more controllable than your run of the mill dual rotor Heli. It is stable yet you can fly around smoothly and with authority. LOL I almost flew it into myself. I used the TX to smack it to the ground before it hit me. I though for sure I broke it, but it did not break. May be I will get a chance to fly it outside soon.

WOOHOOO!!! Mine is on the UPS delivery truck right now out for delivery.

I'll maiden mine in my large hobby room just to get it trimmed out, but then this weekend I'll be outdoor at my local park flying planes, so it will be going with me to be tried out in some windy conditions, typically, the wind will start picking up in the late morning will be perfect to test it out and let it run and go against the wind.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:31 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
X-350 Delivered

Initial impression and product pics. took delivery of my Extreme-Flyers X350 heli. See pics below.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 01:43 PM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
Did you fly it yet?
Old Dec 09, 2011, 03:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Pictures dont count. Videos please!
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:05 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Hopefully will try it tomorrow at my airplane field. The forecast is calling for 6-11mph during the day, so it should be ideal for testing this bird.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 04:35 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Flown outdoors!

I maidened my X-350 today outside, got to the large school yard this morning about 0830, wind speed was estimated 0-2 mph, pretty much calm conditions.Took off right into a stable hover, tested out yaw, pitch and roll, and nothing new hear, flies like a very stable large coaxial, a few clicks here and there into a stable hover. all this was done with the tail control switch on the "off" position. Landed and then set the tail control to "On" Dusted off and then headed towards the outer boundary of the yard at approx. 50' altitude, got to the east edge of the yard and then turned back to me and then decided try the fast forward performance a little, so then goosed the cyclic with some forward pitch at constant altitude, and WHOAHHH!!!!

with maybe 1/4" stick deflection, I had covered half the width of the yard in about 2 seconds. so I hauled back on cyclic and reduce throttle to bring it down lower, then spun around 180, and tried that again, goosed the forward pitch and same thing, it took off like a rocket. Now I was wishing I had a 10 mph head wind.

This thing has impressive horizontal speed!! I've flown lots of very fast RC models, including 100+ mph electric planes and 150+ composite slope sailplanes so I am used to 3rd person perspective flying some really fast models. But this helicopter, is actually kinda scary, I wouldn't recommend using the tail control switch indoors or tight outdoors area with lots of obstacles.

When flown with the tail turned off, it flies just like any other 4 channel coaxial, very easy to fly and super stable, but pretty slow on fwd/bwd flight, which is expected, but with the 5th channel and tail motor engaged, this thing is a completely different animal!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:59 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,006 Posts
I've never flown 3 channel heli's with teh little motor and prop in back, so, forgive my ignorance. It just seems counter-intuitive that the prop facing up would add to the forward push you're talking about. I thought they were just for giggles.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:10 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
The horizontal props really do work.
But not in any forceful manner.
To get penetration in anything other than a very breeze, you need noseweight.
The effects are more evident indoors.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:08 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Where is the video?
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:28 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
So this heli combines tilting the lower blades, like a standard 4 channel coax, plus adds in tail motor, through a extra mixing channel?

Verrrry interrrresting.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo