HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:11 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
I just came back from a very short outdoor flight. After a soft landing the heli did not lift off with full throttle. I took off the canopy and the red light inside was flashing which means recharge the battery. I did a full first charge before flying the red light was steady on the three green lights were flickering and not flashing so I thought was fully charged after 45 mins charge. After the short outdoor flight returning back home I took off the canopy and tried to charge again the battery. Upon pluging in the red light steady on but the green lights flickering again. Do I have to wait until the flickering goes away and flickering is normal? Is the battery fully charged and i am doing something wrong? Your input is appreciated.
Do you have a multimeter to check the actual voltage of the battery? A fully charged 3S lipo should read 12.60 V.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:23 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Do you have a multimeter to check the actual voltage of the battery? A fully charged 3S lipo should read 12.60 V.
No, but I will buy one tomorrow and check it out.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jan 06, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Here's a good review of the X350:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1560657
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:20 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
No, but I will buy one tomorrow and check it out.
Well, after the full charge it shows 11.6 Volts. Far below 12.6 Volts !! now what shall I do? This is the second charge with only 2 mins flight so far.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Well, after the full charge it shows 11.6 Volts. Far below 12.6 Volts !! now what shall I do? This is the second charge with only 2 mins flight so far.
A fully charged battery is indicated on the charger when all 3 cell LED's are solid green.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:08 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
A fully charged battery is indicated on the charger when all 3 cell LED's are solid green.
Yes, red light steady on and the three green lights on and flickering!! the tme was around fifty minutes. Is light flickering ok?
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Yes, red light steady on and the three green lights on and flickering!! the tme was around fifty minutes. Is light flickering ok?
no, the green lights must be solid,l flickering indicates that the cells are still taking additional charge.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
no, the green lights must be solid,l flickering indicates that the cells are still taking additional charge.
Thank you, I will give it another charge after flying outdoors tomorrow and make sure the green lights are solid green before measuring the voltage.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Thank you, I will give it another charge after flying outdoors tomorrow and make sure the green lights are solid green before measuring the voltage.

I would recommend that you fully charge the pack before you attempt to fly it again.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:46 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
I would recommend that you fully charge the pack before you attempt to fly it again.
WILCO
Thanks
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:47 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Yes
Last edited by Thetis; Jan 06, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:18 AM
Rotory-Winged Animal
The Banning Pass, CA
Joined Sep 2006
141 Posts
Motors cutting out still

Well, I've done what I could to try and alleviate the motors from cutting out in flight, crashed on me again, no damage luckily. Now it seems like the motors are not making power, they probably have around 25 to 30 flights on them by now. Could be that the motors are gonzo, or it may be the ESCs. The 180 motors sure did run extremely hot, and are overburdoned for the application IMO. Looks like I'm going to have to shell out some $$$ for the brushless kit to get a X350 that lasts for more than 20 to 30 seven minute flights.It's a bummer, since I really like this thing, kinda like the Slow Stick of 450 class helis.
Anti-G is offline Find More Posts by Anti-G
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:27 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
Sounds like may be you should contact hobby people customer service to have the heli looked at. You did not purchase this from hobby ki...... so you actually might get support from the hobby shop you purchased from.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:18 AM
Rotory-Winged Animal
The Banning Pass, CA
Joined Sep 2006
141 Posts
RE issue

You've got a point with it ain't from HK. I guess it would be worth a shot to see if they can help.
Anti-G is offline Find More Posts by Anti-G
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
I'll be installing a couple of 20mm heat sinks with Arctic Silver thermal compound on those 180 main motors, gotta keep them cool to prolong their limited lifespan.