Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
300 Posts
Contest
2013 F3K World Championship – bid from Denmark

First post edited:
F3K World Championship 2013, 19th-28 july
Picture of the area in post #12

The following was written before our bid was accepted, so it reflects our hopes before getting the WC. Now (aug, 2012) we are deeply onvolved in making the best event with the resources available, and we are very much looking forward to serving YOU :-)

Dear friends,

The 15th of November was deadline for submitting bids for the 2013 F3K World Championship.
Denmark submitted our bid Monday the 14th of November, and we sincerely hope that you’ll like our preliminary time schedule for the contest and, that you’ll also like our detailed ideas for running the event when we publish them in post #2. Already now you can see some of our ideas incorporated in the preliminary time schedule:
All details can be the subject of changes, but the plan represents our ideas at the moment:

Wednesday-Sunday
17th -21th of July: Arrival

Saturday 20th of July 2013
8:30-18:30: Pre-contest to test timekeepers and organisation. Open contest
9:00 - 1600: Registration and processing, single pilot processing directly at the contest site

Sunday 21st of July
8:30-app 12:00: Pre-contest continued. 5 rounds in all
14:00: Pre-contest price giving
9:00 – 16:00: Registration and processing, single pilot processing directly at the contest site
16:00: Opening ceremony
18:00: TM meeting

Monday 22nd of July
8:30-18:30: round 1-5. Flying in groups of at least 16, means 4½ rounds per day. Seniors and juniors alternating.
Evening: Probably technical meeting by the Jury

Tuesday 23rd of July
8:30-18:30: Round 5-9.

Wednesday 24th of July
8:30-17:30: Round 10-15.
18:00-21:00: “Spontaneous” and informal on-field party with the “Erik Dahl-Challenge”

Thursday 25th of July
8:30-18:30: Round 15-19.

Friday 26th of July
8:30-16:00: Round 20-23.

Saturday 27th of July
Fly offs
Banquet

Sunday 28th of July
Farewell

We’ll also ask you to tell us any of you ideas for running such an event, hopefully good ideas that we have not yet thought about ourselves. We promise to follow this thread closely and consider everything posted here. We do not promise to incorporate everything, or be part in every debate.

The organisers:
Erik Dahl Christensen, chairman of the Danish model glider subcommittee
Regnar Petersen, chairman of the Danish model competition subcommittee
Søren Nørskov, chairman of the Danish F3K subcommittee
Ruben Sonne, Editor of Modeflyve Nyt (danish mag.),F3K competitor

The members of the organising committee have the combined experience of attending five F3B, F3J and F3K World Championship events as competitors, team managers or helpers since 1992. They have also been part of organising numerous gliding competitions in F3B, F3J and F3K, and control line competitions

This event has been in our heads ever since we started the F3K contest “Swinging Denmark F3K” in 2008, and we have gathered good ideas, inspiration and knowledge from the Open German Championships 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011, Martin Kopplows F3K contests in Delmenhorst and of course the first F3K WC in Sweden in 2011.

Geography:
Everybody wishes for a WC to take place close to them selves, because of the costs of flying “more than half way around the world” (quote: Joe Wurts ) or less, or driving many kilometres to get to the venue.
We are fully aware that Denmark is both in Europe and close to Sweden. Our concern though, is that no matter where in the world a world Championship is held, most participants has to travel a long or at least quite a long way to get there.
Therefore we ask of you to focus on the quality of the event and not so much on the geography or GPS coordinates  Thanks

We are looking forward to all of your ideas and comments along the way, and hope that you’ll support our bid at the CIAM plenary meeting in April, 2012 in Lausanne.
We know that we haven’t been granted the event yet but at this moment we haven’t heard of anybody else bidding, and we feel that ANY organiser could benefit from ideas from the F3K community around the world.

We are looking forward to hosting you in 2013!

Thanks in advance

Yours sincerely

Erik Dahl Christensen
Denmark
erikdahlchriste is offline Find More Posts by erikdahlchriste
Last edited by erikdahlchriste; Aug 08, 2012 at 02:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:36 PM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
300 Posts
You can also find us on facebook:
go to: F3K World Championship 2013
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:03 PM
Team Horizon pilot
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2005
1,197 Posts
Erik, you have a great deal of experience on your team and I am confident you guys will do a great job. Good luck with the bid!

Bruce
got2soar is offline Find More Posts by got2soar
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:51 AM
flying monkey
Europe
Joined Sep 2008
123 Posts
Skide godt, Erik!

Assuming that you plan to host the Worlds in Brande, it is also worth mentioning, that Legoland (and the airport of Billund) are pretty close by. This might give your bid higher chances at the CIAM .
I'll attach a photo of the organisers here to give everyone a better picture :
frichte is offline Find More Posts by frichte
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:45 AM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
300 Posts
Thanks Bruce and Friedmar! Nice picture but alas we have "changed" since we all were stars in the "Olsen banden" films

For those that don't know us yet:
Erik is keeping calm:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
Regnar is at the top:
http://www.modelflyvning.dk/elite/el...medlemmer.aspx
Søren is to the left in a black jacket:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
Ruben is to the right helping mending something on his brothers Natrix: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

And here is a picture of Friedmar at the 2nd Swinging Denmark, second from the left :
http://picasaweb.google.com/Regnarbr...02355354082434

cheers
Erik Dahl Christensen
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:56 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,283 Posts
Erik, thanks for stepping up to the challenge and doing the work. I am sure you will run a fine event. Good luck with the bid.

Is there any chance for you to take all your helpers and transfer them to the USA for a couple weeks just before the WC-2013? We have a huge field in Muncie, IN, which we may be able to secure for you
olgol is offline Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:32 AM
Aeromodeller by heart!
Herning, Denmark
Joined Dec 2002
632 Posts
Hi guys.

@Fridmar.
I really like your humor. Haven´t thought of that comparasing, but it fit´s quite good.

Don´t worry. I can still provide you with a tent and a madras even outside Brande.

Ruben
RubSon is offline Find More Posts by RubSon
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:47 AM
London
Joined Apr 2004
726 Posts
I welcome a WC run by EDC and crew, I think it will be a great event.
MikeHLG is offline Find More Posts by MikeHLG
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:49 PM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol View Post
Erik, thanks for stepping up to the challenge and doing the work. I am sure you will run a fine event. Good luck with the bid.

Is there any chance for you to take all your helpers and transfer them to the USA for a couple weeks just before the WC-2013? We have a huge field in Muncie, IN, which we may be able to secure for you
Thank you everybody, we are very happy for the support you are giving us. At the moment we don't know if anybody else has made a bid, but anybody who gets the bid will benefit from inspiration from the F3K community,

@Oleg: If you make the bid for the 2015 WC AND pay the return flights for helpers from Denmark, I'll talk with my helpers. I guess that some of them will not be to reluctant to help you out, but let me know when you have everything sorted out

To everybody:
Please let us know your thoughts about how an F3K WC should be run. We listen!

Cheers

Erik Dahl Christensen
Denmark
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:24 PM
Emmen, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2008
305 Posts
The world is comming to an end,, ruben sonne part of the WC F3K organisation
(sorry ruben :P )

I like the idea! denmark is still okay watching at the distance from my home.. Now I still need to qualify, thats the tricky part
robert14 is offline Find More Posts by robert14
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:53 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,032 Posts
Where is your proposed flying field?
Pictures?
Just curious...
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:51 AM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2004
300 Posts
Hi Mike M,

We are planning to use a full size flying field north of Herning in Jutland. It's the part to the right and above the full size glider landing:
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:06 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
Where is the nearest dike?... Do you have any hole repairing equipment handy?

Do people there, still wear wooden shoes?

Good luck on your bid .
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:47 AM
Hurdegaryp Netherlands
Joined Feb 2007
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Where is the nearest dike?... Do you have any hole repairing equipment handy?

Do people there, still wear wooden shoes?

Good luck on your bid .
You are mixxing up Denmark with The Netherlands.
Alex Hoekstra is offline Find More Posts by Alex Hoekstra
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:49 AM
London
Joined Apr 2004
726 Posts
Here's a link to the field: http://tinyurl.com/cjnk3yz
MikeHLG is offline Find More Posts by MikeHLG