HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:31 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
can't decide to use a power distribution board or not. I have it suspended in between the decks with tiny standoffs so I can access both the top and bottom terminals.I also have the Photoship One dist. board which is green but smaller. only 2g difference between aluminum hardware and nylon so I think I'm going to jewel it up a bit since its so pretty as is. I will be lighting it with clusters of SMD LEDs, either 2 rows of 3 for 6 total, 1 watt. or strips. Whichever gives off the best edge lighting I guess.

Going to be using Coptercontrol, Plush 10a's and GWS 5x3x3 and 3s 1000mah for power. May put some fpv on this little guy if he flies well!

I'm excited about this mini!
Looks nice!
Now your frame full unbreakable.
Aluminium hex spacer hard to find parts for me.
Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:36 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widelec View Post
Hi tc3wins,

so sorry , I think 15mm m3 female to female hex standoff missing.
I will send to you missing parts with new 45mm hole upper and lower parts.
Thanks...
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:08 AM
All mouth and no trousers
Southern England
Joined Jul 2005
180 Posts
Widelec,

How is the cutting of new parts progressing, I'd like to get my upgrades / spares underway before Xmas If possible.

Sorry to be a pain...
FE Obsessed is offline Find More Posts by FE Obsessed
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:39 AM
QuaDreko pilot :)
Slovenia, Kamnik
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
Me too...
Drekavac is offline Find More Posts by Drekavac
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Obsessed View Post
Widelec,

How is the cutting of new parts progressing, I'd like to get my upgrades / spares underway before Xmas If possible.

Sorry to be a pain...
Hi,
New parts cut today. some of will cut tomorrow .
Thats will be ready for shipping monday.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:43 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Hey, I might put in another order too! I would like a bottom plate (The large one for the motors and whatnot) with 45mm screw holes and extra bottom and top plates (Also 45mm) to protect the electronics and to make it easier to fit a battery on it. I can pay for it next friday, just send an invoice later to my email.

Still working on the frame over here, just mounted and soldered the power spider and all the ESCs, but I'm all out of M2 screws so I can't mount the motors until tomorrow. Doh. ><
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:13 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I had to make a power spider, a small one. Today I learned that it's a massive pain to prepare everything for the small frame. You have to cut the wires very close to the ESCs, motors etc and the power spider is very very small with roughly a centimeter of wire between the 4 plugs. There is little room for error here, which is why I ordered 5 motors and 5 ESCs. Just in case anything goes wrong.

I also ran out of spacers and screws, so I may have to use regular washers and nuts to hold the FC and battery plate in place.
very standard process for any nano or micro quad really. I have quite a few unsoldered ESCs lying around from previous builds. Learn to resolder them and take pictures before so you know what to resolder.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:26 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
very standard process for any nano or micro quad really. I have quite a few unsoldered ESCs lying around from previous builds. Learn to resolder them and take pictures before so you know what to resolder.
The plan was to solder connectors very close to the power spider, right behind every ESC, but it was just too difficult. So I'm mounting the ESCs under the bottom plate and I'll run the cables through the hole and up to the power spider instead. It'll look somewhat messy, but at least this won't make the ESCs unusable in other slightly larger frames later on unless you re-do just about everything.

This is what it looks like right now, can't continue without M2 screws and lock nuts for the motors- =/ Hopefully it'll be finished by tomorrow evening, if I can find any M2 screws that is.

WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:43 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Me too for an upgrade kit plz
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
3 more motors to solder. My FPV gear came for my FPV nanoquad though so I need to focus on that for a bit. This quad is coming out real neat though. Everythings protected. Real tight with the 10a Plush ESC's so I'd recommend the 6a's unless you want to remove the shrinkwrap and solder your motors etc. I believe I'll be doing that.

Great looking frame though. Whats cool is, from the side, the power distribution and ESCs are held up in the middle of the quad suspended from 10mm standoffs I had lying around, so the ESCs are soldered and also are suspended. Looks fantastic thats for sure. My coolest quad frame yet I'd say.

When I get back to it, lighting time. Lighting strips don't work too well with these, so I'm going to try and shove my 6 SMD LED panels in there and see how they light up the frame....

Great job Widelec and great price as well. My favorite nano frame yet out of 3! Can't wait to see how she flies with copter control. Going to try and tune my Quadrino for it or maybe even my ardupilot mega this thing is so light!

The orange Spektrum Knockoff receivers have blue circuitboards as well, so it should look good with both black flight controllers and the blue receiver. I may reheatshrink the ESCs in black.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
The plan was to solder connectors very close to the power spider, right behind every ESC, but it was just too difficult. So I'm mounting the ESCs under the bottom plate and I'll run the cables through the hole and up to the power spider instead. It'll look somewhat messy, but at least this won't make the ESCs unusable in other slightly larger frames later on unless you re-do just about everything.

This is what it looks like right now, can't continue without M2 screws and lock nuts for the motors- =/ Hopefully it'll be finished by tomorrow evening, if I can find any M2 screws that is.

ooo yours has a little logo! Mine does not. No matter, its neat though. I've made spiders like that for the rest of my nanos. Only used power distribution for this one because its clear and so visible I want it to be super clean.

The Photoship One Distribution board fits as well and is smaller than the Minsoo Kim board so less cutting of ESC wires.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:16 AM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Quote:

When I get back to it, lighting time. Lighting strips don't work too well with these, so I'm going to try and shove my 6 SMD LED panels in there and see how they light up the frame....
I know frosted glass ( even plastic ) transfers light really well. I'm still waiting on my frame ( I live in AZ, I'm wondering why everyone has there's but me ), but I was thinking about finely sanding it just to scuff it up enough that maybe an LED would transfer through.
kab3wm is offline Find More Posts by kab3wm
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:49 AM
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab3wm View Post
I know frosted glass ( even plastic ) transfers light really well. I'm still waiting on my frame ( I live in AZ, I'm wondering why everyone has there's but me ), but I was thinking about finely sanding it just to scuff it up enough that maybe an LED would transfer through.
funny I was thinking that exact thing as well. I wish I had a test piece.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:00 AM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
funny I was thinking that exact thing as well. I wish I had a test piece.
Well if I get mine this weekend, I will give it a shot and post my results.
kab3wm is offline Find More Posts by kab3wm
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:40 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,146 Posts
Hi,
First a few kits have logo but I remove it for now
RCG Plus Member