Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:55 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
Hi, I have a bambu tricopter and got everything sorted to the point of tuning the giros. I had 6 or 7 arms and short hover before tweaking giros and trying again.

Now I get nothing apart from a quick flash of the kk board led when I try to arm it.
What are suggested settings for giros on this tri and how to get it to arm again or is it time to return a faulty board?

Vid uploaded if anyone can help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mlfw...ature=youtu.be

edit - If I do the esc calibration then all motors move together perfectly. When I turn off and restart with the pot back at 50% I get nothing.

I don't even get any esc beeps unless in the calibration mode. I still have throws at 100% no dual rates, no expo. Same settings from when I could arm it.

Thanks

why the receiver led flashing?

is it bind with tx?
Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:22 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,548 Posts
@microrcfiend - What FC firmware are you using? Does it arm when all three pots are at 50%?

Also, as Widelec says, you should really get a solid LED on the receiver. Could be it needs binding again or it could be just because you power cycled the recevier but not the transmitter. Either way, it's not happy and we'd be happier to see a solid LED
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,380 Posts
Thanks Steve. I believe it is tricopter firmware 1.5. It came from the bambuucopter site couple months or so ago with this frame. I have not re flashed.

I don't know why the receiver flashes sometimes but it does not perform any different. I can add a servo to the no arming tricopter on any channel and it works. If I calibrate the escs, they all work in unison. I just tried again and even with a solid LED it does not arm like before. I have no problem making another short video for you guys as i'm kinda lost here, will do asap

I did reduce the pots too low possibly while setting the giros as I was getting oscillations whatever I set them at and didn't know which way was low. I think CCW is up but still not sure. They do not arm now when put back to 50% or as close to the centre as I can get them.

EDIT:
MOV00105.3gp (0 min 22 sec)

Pretty sure the flashing led is due to not cycling the tx when the rx is. If I turn em both off and back on it's solid every time. 2 of the same rx do the same thing so no problems there.

ESC calibration still works fine but arming does not seem t want to play. I never liked the arming sound but now I would love to hear it just once. I don't even get any ESC noises now. When should I hear those?
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Last edited by microrcfiend; Jun 19, 2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: vid link added
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:38 AM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,548 Posts
Double check your wiring between rx and fc board. I think that is where the problem is. Make sure the correct signals go to the correct fc pins.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,380 Posts
Yup. All connections correct that I can see and has not been unplugged or changed since I could arm this ok - only the giros were moved and power cycled.

Aileron channel uses a normal 3 pin servo plug into the board. The throttle, elevator and rudder all just use the signal pin only and connect to signal pins on the kk board only. Do you need macro pics to see my wiring?

I have another kk board but I really want to use that for a small quad and have all the bits ready to go. Moving this board now the frame is all glued together is just gonna create a mess. Plus I don't think it's faulty as it calibrates the esc fine and everything spins up.

I also read of other people with the same problem now - once worked fine and nothing was changed apart from giros and then not able to arm. Convinced that's it's a simple fix but i'm too simple to fix it!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:33 AM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,548 Posts
Could you supply micro pictures. What receiver are you using? Is the transmitter on the right model memory and right mode?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,380 Posts
Bambuu finally emailed me to tell me he cannot help with this problem and send it back if faulty but I still don't think it is faulty.

Perhaps a reflash would let me start at the beginning again?

Will add pics later to see if that sheds any light on the problem. Thanks for your input
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Bambuu finally emailed me to tell me he cannot help with this problem and send it back if faulty but I still don't think it is faulty.

Perhaps a reflash would let me start at the beginning again?

Will add pics later to see if that sheds any light on the problem. Thanks for your input
Dear @microrcfiend
I had Say by email
"I have'n got any expriment for KKmulticopter.
If is it board faulty, I can change the board.
Please confirm setting or board faulty vs."

if esc calibration is working and not arm
I think it's about rx tx setup.
Maybe reflash solves the problem, but as I said I'm not KKmulticopter expert
If there is anything else I can do

Regards
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Widelec; Jun 21, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2010
494 Posts
So what is everyone using for Thread Locker, if anything?

I read the sticky at the beginning of the thread, and post that tested all the standard threadlockers, and found them to harm the plastic.

Anyone find anything good to use, or do you guys just not use any?
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,380 Posts
Steveis - I uploaded some pics that should help you see my wiring.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1012182...eat=directlink

One of the thin frame supports for the triangle underneath the tricopter has already broken, anyone else had issue with this or am I just lucky here?
It can be glued but I had no hard knocks at all yet.

The frame was useless unless glued together and now it's glued I can't return it. I just saw the new KK2 board and the standard giro controls, easy arming and self leveling. It's the same price from hobby king with buddy code as this kk board from bambuu.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,548 Posts
Quote:
Steveis - I uploaded some pics that should help you see my wiring.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1012182...eat=directlink

The only thing I can think of is that one of the wires is broken (red or orange on the individual wires). Can you test them with a multimeter?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,380 Posts
Good idea, although no cigar. They all test fine with the multimeter.

This is beyond frustrating now, gonna shelf it for a few days and perhaps try a reflash when I hate looking at it less than now. Thanks anyway

I'd be interested if Widelec had any returns like this as I still think it's a calibration issue due to esc working perfectly in their calibration mode and previously having it hover with a few osscilations.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:56 PM
FlyinGizm0
Austria, Ktn., Villach
Joined Mar 2012
128 Posts
deleted
FlyinGizm0 is offline Find More Posts by FlyinGizm0
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,380 Posts
Tried a a frsky and a frysky receiver and just the same, tried a new model with blank settings multiple times with no change.

What is anyone's preferred tricopter firmware and applicable giro settings for the crab tricopter using the kk board please? Gonna try a re flash before giving up and sending this back.

Edit.

A reflash got it responding again but after trying to get rid of the giro wobble and a few light drops to the floor from a couple of feet I see more breakage in the frame and where the pin for the pivot goes through it has worn. I have shimmed to get rid of the slop but how is this and unbreakable frame if it cannot take a few light drops on carpet?

Widelec

This the the broken unbreakable frame and no heavy use at all. Did I get a dud or am I expecting too much from an 'unbreakable frame' ?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Last edited by microrcfiend; Jun 25, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:23 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,134 Posts
I can send to you replacement parts.
which arm? back or front (right left)
RCG Plus Member