HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 03:42 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
deleted.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 03:50 AM
FlyinGizm0
Austria, Ktn., Villach
Joined Mar 2012
128 Posts
bungee level...

ok I know... I am still not on FPV, building everything together this weekend but I just started 4 weeks ago with one X525-KK from GLB :-) So I am happy not to crash when my quad is looking at me an my brain keeps cooking because everything is the other way :-)

For FPV for sure the ACRO mode is better from what I have read... we will see :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I don't know about other guys, but I absolutely hate LEVEL on FPV copters.
Its like someone has a bungee cord on your back, pulling you around.
Like one of those old coaxial helicopters, ya know?
FlyinGizm0 is offline Find More Posts by FlyinGizm0
Old May 28, 2012, 03:51 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzebedin View Post
holy moly!! this vid is great!!! Are you flying with glasses or monitor? and what mode is the MultiWII set? Nothing at all? so no LEVEL, PASSTHROUG(whatever this is) or so? I am still shooting around in LEVEL or ACRO (I guess this is set when nothing is activ in the config).
Ha, thanks!

Goggles. Fatshark Predator. I do have a monitor but I never use it. And I use a Multiwii board on this one, the Crius SE board. Very close to stock PIDs. Stock yaw, but with yaw rate set to 0.6. 3.8 on Roll and pitch, slightly higher 'I' than stock, 35 or so on D I believe. RC Rate: 1.30. Only acro. I did use level mode later that evening when I cocked up and the quad shot up into the sky when I accidentally armed it. Level mode is great for practice, I used that a lot on my first quad. It also saved this one from what could have been a nasty crash. (See: http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVdVQtqz0A&feature=plcp )

I've tried flying with level mode on, but when flying FPV it feels weird and it's almost impossible to fly the way I want with level on.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old May 28, 2012, 04:08 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,781 Posts
Haha yes, for line of sight flying the LEVEL mode is great (unless theres a breeze, then its plain annoying).
But on windless days they become like coffeetables.

On FPV its never fast/hard enough, thats one thing ive learned trying to chase planes around with my quads.
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Old May 28, 2012, 04:10 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,047 Posts
I have never get auto level to work on my 10DOF, acro mode work nicely thought with pid tuning my acro almost like it on auto level being trying to get auto level to work but no luck yet
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old May 28, 2012, 04:12 AM
FlyinGizm0
Austria, Ktn., Villach
Joined Mar 2012
128 Posts
Fpv acro

Ok convinced: as its holiday today I will finish my Videosender Stuff and get the gopro2 hooked up. then will have a try with my monitor. Dont have googles yet. but a 17" should do it for starters....

And I really like multiwii. I was struggling with a BlackVortex and Megapirates but this is in the drawer now 'cause I needed some success :-) So I got the IOI MiniMultiwii form bambucopter and they are great!!

greetings from Austria
Quote:
Haha yes, for line of sight flying the LEVEL mode is great (unless theres a breeze, then its plain annoying).

On FPV its never fast/hard enough, thats one thing ive learned trying to chase planes around with my quads.
FlyinGizm0 is offline Find More Posts by FlyinGizm0
Old May 28, 2012, 04:17 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:

Agreed. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't keep up with my friends plane with this quad. Even at full throttle it fell behind. And I can't use 4S on it, the motors just can't take it according to the specs. So my F450 quad with DJI motors is faster, with that I could go really fast on 4S and the motors don't draw anywhere near the same amps as the SK3 motors on this one. I can keep up with his slow 182 Cessna and also an overloaded flying wing a friend of mine has, but faster planes? Nope. Maybe if I build a quad which is ALL about speed.
Old May 30, 2012, 04:05 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Aha, so it wont feel underpowered with a gopro + say a 200mw 5.8ghz vTX on its back?
I want to build something that lets me fly my camera fast and hard for at least 10 minutes.
you need a fullsize quad for that. I've got 6 various mini quads/hexes here, even with 3s 1300mah motors you're not going to get 10 minutes.

My HT-FPV gets around 14 minutes fully loaded with FPV gear and a 4000mah.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old May 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,781 Posts
Only 14 minutes on a 4000mAh pack?
My old lunarlander4 gets 11 minutes on a 2200 pack with gopro and gimbal.

My calculations say the Y6 fully packed with gopro and a 2200 pack would weigh in at around 550 gram.
That means over 3:1 thrust to weight ratio (1692gr thrust), so power is gonna be a piece of cake.
It should also hover at around 10.5A, meaning 12.5 minutes of ideal flight time.
To be on the safe side id knock it down to 10 minutes of floating around.
But as often the case, theory and practice are rarely matched.
Only way to find out is to just try it. I'm confident in it at least.
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Last edited by Freakazoid; May 30, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Only 14 minutes on a 4000mAh pack?
My old lunarlander4 gets 11 minutes on a 2200 pack with gopro and gimbal.

My calculations say the Y6 fully packed with gopro and a 2200 pack would weigh in at around 550 gram.
That means over 3:1 thrust to weight ratio (1692gr thrust), so power is gonna be a piece of cake.
It should also hover at around 10.5A, meaning 12.5 minutes of ideal flight time.
To be on the safe side id knock it down to 10 minutes of floating around.
But as often the case, theory and practice are rarely matched.
Only way to find out is to just try it. I'm confident in it at least.
Give it a shot. Keep in mind thats a full eagletree logger, osd, altimeter, gps, LEDs, GoPro HD, Seawolf Pixim, 300w 1.3ghz transmitter.

I've found 12-14 minutes to be the longest any multirotor I've flown and not just hovered inside. Tri-copters I understand are the most efficient.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old May 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, VA, Yorktown
Joined Sep 2005
356 Posts
Widelec,

Any thought on producing a mini FPV based quad frame? Something with the front arms more opened up like the Hoverthings HT-FPV frame.

I have your original MiniQuad with a 200mw 5.8Ghz tx and mini camera that is a blast around the neighborhood, but hate seeing the props in my goggles. I don't want the complexity of a Y6 in my neighborhood quad, but really want a MiniQuad with wider arms.

If nothing else, would you be willing to custom cut a one off? Not looking to hold a gopro or anything, just a small Tx, small camera, and a small basic OSD.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Howemd is offline Find More Posts by Howemd
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:08 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Bloody bent one of my 1510 motor shafts right a the top anyone know a good way to fix this ?

Thanx
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:28 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Don't know. Cut off that part?

I flew the tricopter a bit yesterday, I replaced the Crius SE board with a KK Blackboard and let me tell you, the KK board is ****. Handles poorly, gyros drift ALL the time and requires constant trim. I need to get myself more Multiwii boards later because this board was almost unusable. (Minsoo Kims 2.5 fw was used)

Also, going full throttle is a bad bad idea, at least with this board. It seems like it distributes the power unevenly, the thing just tips over backwards if you punch it. And not just a little, it flies right back at you.

I think I'll try to move my Naze32 to it. Naze32 is sitting on the Bambucopter Classic right now, but I think one small multirotor is enough for now.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:32 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howemd View Post
Widelec,

Any thought on producing a mini FPV based quad frame? Something with the front arms more opened up like the Hoverthings HT-FPV frame.

I have your original MiniQuad with a 200mw 5.8Ghz tx and mini camera that is a blast around the neighborhood, but hate seeing the props in my goggles. I don't want the complexity of a Y6 in my neighborhood quad, but really want a MiniQuad with wider arms.

If nothing else, would you be willing to custom cut a one off? Not looking to hold a gopro or anything, just a small Tx, small camera, and a small basic OSD.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
I would dip into my wallet for something like that too ... a tough spider type quad or hex that will carry fpv gear, and maybe +/- a small keychain camera.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:36 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I would love to have one of those too. I've seen that one of his frames is capable of carrying a gopro or similar camera. It has a tab for that. I would personally just put a small FPV camera there and not record anything. Something small and nimble that can get through places my 450-sized quad can't would be nice to have. Go go go!