HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2012, 03:30 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
69 Posts
Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
My small quad has an uneven take-off if I move it while it's initializing. After you've plugged in the battery, set it down on the floor and recalibrate the gyros. While disarmed, move the left stick do the bottom left and the right stick to the bottom. A LED should flash on the board which indicates that the gyros have been re-calibrated. I have to do that every time I plug in my small quad beacuse I can't connect the power without holding it at an angle.
BassMonkey is offline Find More Posts by BassMonkey
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2012, 06:36 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,818 Posts
Ive sent two emails already, communication is a bit iffy through the site, so I guess ill try my luck here.

I want to save on shipping by buying two A1510 motors and six ESCs with my Y6 classic copter,
but unfortunately theres only complete kits of ESC/motor, I cant order the items a piece.
Any way I can get a Y6 + two motors + six ESC?

Im also curious if the ESCs are flashable with SimonK firmware (or available preflashed even)?
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Old May 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Ive sent two emails already, communication is a bit iffy through the site, so I guess ill try my luck here.

I want to save on shipping by buying two A1510 motors and six ESCs with my Y6 classic copter,
but unfortunately theres only complete kits of ESC/motor, I cant order the items a piece.
Any way I can get a Y6 + two motors + six ESC?

Im also curious if the ESCs are flashable with SimonK firmware (or available preflashed even)?
I sent PM.
Widelec is online now Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2012, 08:14 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
Hi Widelec,

Also, which ESC do you prefer? And what do they cost?
Personally I had two turnigy plush 10 blow up on my workbench,
but that could be just bad luck.
I'm using 10A esc & A1510 motors for mini models
10A ESC and 2208/17 Motors for Small models.

I have Turnigy plus and suppo 10A esc.
Suppo limited programable but I did not feel any difference when fly.
(I'm not endpoint pilot)
Widelec is online now Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2012, 08:25 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,818 Posts
I was hoping to push it a bit hard with a gopro camera, but no flips/rolls though.
Would that require aggressive simonK ESCs or would a simple suppo be fine?

(I would also like to know how much the ESCs cost. You only quoted price on motors. )
Old May 23, 2012, 03:24 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2002
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widelec View Post
@Jeppie;

like hidden!
don't forget to add "bambucopter" tag on youtube!
OK, added "bambucopter" in the tag
Jeppie is offline Find More Posts by Jeppie
Old May 23, 2012, 02:31 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Alrighty, I flew the tri outdoors today and it handled the wind surprisingly well. I flew carefully tho, I'm not a particularly good LOS pilot and I figured a small hard-to-break tri would be perfect for this. I need to tune it a bit and set the LPF filter to something other than 188hz, the servo does go crazy every now and then. I also need to tighten up the servo linkage a bit. But hey, it flies and it's so much fun!

WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old May 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,818 Posts
awww dammit. I was debating to get the tri along with the Y6 im ordering.
You posting positive news about it is making my budget for this month get double screwed.

Got a video of that lil bugger cutting loose?
Bambucopter videos of anything other then quads seem to be tough to find.

Btw, whats your setup?
Old May 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I'm not a good LOS pilot, so it wouldn't look that good anyways. :P It's a fun little thing anyways.

As for the setup, it's all Bambucopter.com stuff. Got the combo package, 4 A1510 motors, 4 Suppo 10A ESCs, 1000mah Zippy 2S Lipo, 4ch V8R4 FrSky receiver, Crius SE MWC board set up for tricopters and an HXT900 servo in the back. (Widelec was kind enough to send a servo to me for free, but before it arrived I noticed that the HXT900 was a perfect fit) Didn't balance the motors or props, I just put everything on and it works just fine. The triblade props don't track very well, the 2-blade props seem to work nicely!

It hovers at 50% throttle which is just perfect. It doesn't have insane climb or anything, but it's certainly powerful enough for zipping around fast. And you can go 3S if you want more speed.

I'll try to catch the thing on video later this week. I still need to tune it a bit, perhaps put a Naze32 on it instead which is smaller and lighter.
Old May 23, 2012, 04:33 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,818 Posts
Theres lovers and haters on the triblade props.
Personally I like em, but they do need a lot of love on the balancing rack.
Also be sure you dont confuse gemfans with GWS.
Gemfans are brittle but stiff as a board, GWS are bombproof but floppy.
Try finding colored props, they help me greatly in orienting.
I tried the pingpongball on a stick thing, but apparently I fly too rough, my props keep eating em.

Ive got a couple of these laying around http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=6744
And I'm hoping they'd give me enough power to fly a little sporty on 3 cells.
I'm not saying loops and rolls, though that would be crazy fun.
Does it feel like it can do a flip on 2s? (which should be giving you about the same thrust as my motors would).

Personally for just rough housing with copters I still prefer the cheap KKuk boards.
They're simple and straight forward, tune out the wobble and gooooooo!
Old May 24, 2012, 12:54 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Looks great WD bet your well chuffed !

I agree with you guys about the gemfans there so bloody brittle! gone through 4 in the last day, just ordered some GWS 3 blade the should hold up a lot better than the gemfans its a shame that tuffprops dont make 5x3x3's... I use them for 3D foamies and i am yet to break a single one.

Anyone tried 5x3 2 bladed props on the bambu quad ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old May 24, 2012, 01:44 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Are they really that brittle? They feel about the same if you ask me. I havent used the Gemfans much tho.. I put 3 of them on the tricopter, noticed that they didnt track well and put on the 2-blade props instead. It flies at 50% throttle so Ill use these for now. I really wish someone would make a decent set of triblades for multirotor use. I mean well balanced carbon fiber reinforced triblades that could replace some of my 10" graupners and gemfans. Graupner should get on that so we get something that is balanced out of the box unlike all the 5" triblades I've used.

As for aerobatics, Ill get back to you on that one. I need to fix a bunch of things before I head out with the laptop and spend an hour or so on tuning this thing. I have a limited number of 2S Lipos and one came with an XT60 plug for some stupid reason, so I need to make an XT60 to JST adapter, charge it up, reflash the board with the LPF filter set a bit lower and THEN head out. I'm sure this thing can flip, roll etc. I didnt try yesterday because the default values just wont let you do that unless you have a lot of space.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:19 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Why not just change the XT60 to JST ? the adapter will just add more unwanted weight.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:31 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
That could be done, but I use XT60 on most of my things now. Then again, a 1000mah 2S Lipo won't be particularly useful on anything else. I might just add a JST plug right next to the XT60 plug. Some of my batteries have more than one connector soldered to the main lead.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:34 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Its a nightmare having all these different connectors on lipos i am slowly trying to change all my connectors to the same which i should of done from the start.