SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:21 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Ughh, tried to clean up my Bambucopter last night but soldering these short motor wires is a major pain in the ass. I hate soldering magnet wire, and now that the wires are so short you only get one chance and the motors are now useless in any other configuration. You can't make these longer. Why aren't they using silicon wire which won't break if you tug on it a little?

I'm sure it'll fly, but even a minor crash would most likely break the wires clean off. Good thing I have a spare motor and another 4 on the way and only 3 is needed to complete the tricopter.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:13 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
Do you meant the copper wires out of the windings? After a lot of that nonsense I epoxy all my motor leads now.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:46 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Copper wires out of the windings, yeah. I really don't like those stiff wires that come out of some motors. And these have how many strands? Two? Three? I could easily snap these off. I also find them real troublesome to solder, the solder just won't stick very well. I did manage to solder all the wires directly to the ESC wires. So it'll work... But these things are no longer re-usable. The motors aren't anyways.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:01 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,150 Posts
something wrong with my MWC IOI it was working this morning just now I unplugged the ESC set the throttle range, now when the turnigy plush connected to my IO board it start beeping constantly not sure why from the GUI everything show up fine,

i found this:

http://www.fpvuk.org/forum/index.php?topic=4893.0

but not sure what to do, I have not encounter this kind of problem before with my others ESC

plus does the code correct? if yes why the orientation of my quad in GUI look wierd even after calibration
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by skellator; Apr 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:09 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
something wrong with my MWC IOI it was working this morning just now I unplugged the ESC set the throttle range, now when the turnigy plush connected to my IO board it start beeping constantly not sure why from the GUI everything show up fine,

i found this:

http://www.fpvuk.org/forum/index.php?topic=4893.0

but not sure what to do, I have not encounter this kind of problem before with my others ESC

plus does the code correct? if yes why the orientation of my quad in GUI look wierd even after calibration
I've had the same problem with turnigy plush ESC. This is independent of the Fligth Controller Board.
Many time I need change the controler boards for the tests. Same motor ESC , different fligth controller. often turnigy plus esc continus bep bep bep.

My solution ;
Reprogram all esc with program cart . everting is okay, after the reprogram .

Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Widelec; Apr 25, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
Trying to learn.
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2010
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post

They beep because of wrong throttle range you did (carefully read MWC threads and faqs)

Your GUI looks good. Everything is fine - remember, that you have magnetometer
leprud is offline Find More Posts by leprud
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:37 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,149 Posts
@leprud, you're right first must check throttle range,
but sometimes throttle range calibration does not work.
Happened to me several times, In this case reprogram is work fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:57 PM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,150 Posts
thanks for the input i willl try to reprogram my esc sse how it goes,

oh yeah i totaly forgot i have mag
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:39 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
A1510 motor quality is horrible. I've got 6 dead motors here. They twitch, some just heat up, some don't do a thing.

All my working A1510s are horribly out of balance, I ordered high end prop adapters for them, still the props vibrate almost 5-10mm at full throttle. Its amazing these a1510s fly at all.

Next time you spool up your 1510s watch them. Some are perfect some are so out of balance its not even funny.

I'm done with this motor.

I've been eyeballing that C10 available at hobbypartz. I am going to be mounting my Sk3 2750s on my Hexa frame this week and using prop savers. I was unable to swap the shaft to use prop adapters sadly. Even though I have longer shafts I cannot get the shaft to seperate from the top bell. On 2s it should allow me to run almost a 2200mah 2s.

Those motors are expensive though, I'm looking for a US sourced motor for nano/mini quads. Any ideas?
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,150 Posts
C10 2100kv is no good you might want to try 2900kv i have 10 of these a1510 hopefully it is not that bad as you have but if that the case i might stop building these small bugger
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by skellator; Apr 27, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I wanna see more of these in the air, so much talk, not enough quad videos. :P I've got four A1510 motors on the way with matching ESCs and whatnot, I'll try to post a build log or something once I get everything.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I wanna see more of these in the air, so much talk, not enough quad videos. :P I've got four A1510 motors on the way with matching ESCs and whatnot, I'll try to post a build log or something once I get everything.
true, I'm trying to finish my quad and tri but can't find enough time to do it so busy with works, new mission! finish the Quad and Tri during the weekend! I try my best not to go out flying my cloud fly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:20 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,150 Posts
i did a reset using my programing card and ro
e-do my throtle range setting my esc still fail to a
work arghh have no idea how to fix this

UPDATE!:

problem solve!

Code:
#define MINCOMMAND 900
I figure this out as I noticed in the GUI my min throttle was 986, in the config the MINCOMMAND was set to 1000, from the note it said I can decrease the value which I did and it finally working now!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by skellator; Apr 27, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:25 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,149 Posts
I know now ,
why your slogan is Expert Crasher
I will send to you new frame
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:41 PM
9W2DLR