That's good
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Wow , the standard 2 blade props i received from Hobbyking are massively out of balance , each prop has needed at least 2 inches of tape on one of the blades in order to balance, i hope the 3 bladed props are better.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Sep 2007
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Wow , the standard 2 blade props i received from Hobbyking are massively out of balance , each prop has needed at least 2 inches of tape on one of the blades in order to balance, i hope the 3 bladed props are better.
I gave up on that props, totally waste of money and times to balance it .

P.S. but on the other hand 2 blades look cooler than 3 blades .

Regards,
Edwin.K
edwin3162 is offline Find More Posts by edwin3162
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:03 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Lol, the 2 blades are ok until you get high rpm and then they start flexing causing vibration. I have sat and balanced one of the props as perfectly as possible , the motor on its own is smooth throughout the throttle range , once the prop is on the spool up is smooth until aprox 60% throttle at which ponit you can see the blade wobble on the shaft, no matter , i will wait till the triple balde props arrive and then i will find some higher quality 2 blade.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,149 Posts
Today I use 3 blade propeller. Less vibration.

MiniQuad & Miniwii (0 min 22 sec)
Widelec is offline Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:31 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widelec View Post
Today I use 3 blade propeller. Less vibration.

http://youtu.be/_679aqGWFdw
Fly so smooth, as always..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Dec 25, 2011, 06:15 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Alrighty, just ordered new motors, props and wires. I ordered 5 motors just to be safe, I don't trust the QC on cheap motors at all! I'm gonna have to make do with the KK board on this one. The Crius board stays on my large quad. I also have to redo all the wiring and relocate the ESCs. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Can't wait!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:22 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
made my own power spider late last night and finished the LEDS this morning. This is with no tuning on copter control. With balanced props and some vibration dampening this sucker should hold its postion very well. It flies fantastic.

BambuCopter Mini Polycarbonate Quadcopter A1510 Plush 10a Openpilot CopterControl (3 min 15 sec)
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:53 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lambeth
Joined May 2011
13 Posts
Received mine a few week ago. The designs is excellent and putting up together went without a problem.
On opening of the packet, I'm a bit disappointed with 2 things many have mention it.

1) The laser cutting finish is terrible
2) The seller tape used leave a nasty glue Dude stop using that seller tape buy a roll of masking tape.

That's really shame for such a good design to throw it all away with such nasty laser cutting finish and a nasty seller tape for the packaging.
elmuchacho is offline Find More Posts by elmuchacho
Old Dec 26, 2011, 02:29 AM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuchacho View Post
Received mine a few week ago. The designs is excellent and putting up together went without a problem.
On opening of the packet, I'm a bit disappointed with 2 things many have mention it.

1) The laser cutting finish is terrible
2) The seller tape used leave a nasty glue Dude stop using that seller tape buy a roll of masking tape.

That's really shame for such a good design to throw it all away with such nasty laser cutting finish and a nasty seller tape for the packaging.
cleans all off with goo gone as mentioned earlier in the thread. I love mine, best nano/micro quad frame I own out of 4.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:35 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lambeth
Joined May 2011
13 Posts
Well thx daign could you pop to the shop to get me some that'll be great. My post simply reflect on the quality of the production and packaging.

There is a solution to everything in life and if you buy a brand new car you don't expect to wash it don't you?

Please read the post again: the design of this quad is great I only wishes the production and packaging will have had a bit more attention.
elmuchacho is offline Find More Posts by elmuchacho
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:08 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
A little work with 480 grit sandpaper cleans the edges off to a smooth nice finish , personally im not that bothered about the edges id rather fly the thing than let it sit being a shelf queen , i dont air clean my Evo Rush either its made to be driven .
Sellertape ? cellotape is the word mine came right off with my finger nail didnt even have to scratch it hard just a little flick.

Widelec your gonna have to start selling kits m8 lol mines sat on my desk waiting for a power spider to arrive then ill start getting it ready for flight
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:28 AM
Aerial Images of Texas
The Texas Gulf Coast where hurricanes come to play
Joined Aug 2003
1,960 Posts
scousethief, who's power spider are you going to use?
tashley is offline Find More Posts by tashley
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:44 AM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Fly so smooth, as always..
Thank you Eric,

My Radio setup is
Aileron D/R %70 expo -20
Elevator D/R %70 expo -20