HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Daign....... were did you buy the power board from ?
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:53 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Take a look
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/kk-mult...l-board-107409
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:23 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Got one of those on the way already but ty, it was that specific bare style i was looking for.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:41 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
Then go to HERE
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:47 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,164 Posts
Hi,
What has been in brief.
I'm still waiting some screws and hexspacer for MiniQuad.
MiniQuad, HexaStar and new 45mm board parts was cutted with laser. New Mini Quad Kits include 2 part 30.5mm board and 2 part 45mm board now.
I have 3 different size battery. (3s800, 2s800, 2s1000 mAh lipo). New lipo holder plate fit well now.
HexaStar motor2motor 262mm and ~115/~125gr

Sorry but first introduction price is ended. (near to meet the costs only)
But still low price MiniQuad 20$ + shipping 5$

New 2 parts price is 5$ (include shipping) for Miniquad v1 owners
(45mm upper protective plate and battery holder plate )

MiniQuad preorder (Shipping 1-2 week) 20$ + shipping 5$
MiniQuad without Screw hexspacer set, ready for shipping 15$ + shipping 5$
HexaStar ready for shipping, limited introduction price 25$ + shipping 9$

Laser Cut (0 min 20 sec)

Name: DSC_3113_Small.jpg
Views: 37
Size: 101.3 KB
Description: Name: DSC_3116_Small.jpg
Views: 37
Size: 103.3 KB
Description: Name: DSC_3117_Small.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 104.7 KB
Description: Name: DSC_3120_Small.jpg
Views: 35
Size: 101.4 KB
Description:

Name: DSC_3124_Small.jpg
Views: 33
Size: 118.4 KB
Description: Name: DSC_3125_Small.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 115.3 KB
Description: Name: DSC_3126_Small.jpg
Views: 27
Size: 115.3 KB
Description: Name: DSC_3122_Small.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 103.2 KB
Description:

I will not remove the protective layer for prevent scratching at new kits.
Please remove to protective nylon layer before installing.

Name: DSC_3130_Small.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 96.7 KB
Description:
Widelec is online now Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
I'm not having much luck at the moment. The 5.3 props with prop-savers vibrate so much it's impossible to get this thing off the ground. I guess the first flight will have to wait until I have some proper prop adapters or collet adapters.

It's a good thing I bought 5 18-11 motors as one arrived with a terribly unbalanced bell. You can see it wobble if you twist it. I see a Witespy quad in my future, I haven't had much luck with my own builds so far so I might as well leave it to an expert. I'll still work on thsi one, I just wish it was easier.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:30 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,572 Posts
Quote:

email Minsoo Kim @ clipman@naver.com

Quote:
Dear Sir

Thank you for your interesting.

The micro power board price is 7.5usd. if you pay it, please leave the message.

Thanks in advance
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I'm not having much luck at the moment. The 5.3 props with prop-savers vibrate so much it's impossible to get this thing off the ground. I guess the first flight will have to wait until I have some proper prop adapters or collet adapters.

It's a good thing I bought 5 18-11 motors as one arrived with a terribly unbalanced bell. You can see it wobble if you twist it. I see a Witespy quad in my future, I haven't had much luck with my own builds so far so I might as well leave it to an expert. I'll still work on thsi one, I just wish it was easier.
Keep on at it m8, my experience is 8 years of helis and planes my crius board arrived today and i realised my learning starts all over again. I ordered the other little silver motors but as usual Hobbyking are less than acceptable with their shipping times so i doubt i will get to play before january.

Cheers Daign
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:44 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
Pm?

Widelec, check PM's. I don't need fasteners or spacers as I have a good local source for them...
x3n0x is offline Find More Posts by x3n0x
Old Dec 18, 2011, 05:35 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Keep on at it m8, my experience is 8 years of helis and planes my crius board arrived today and i realised my learning starts all over again. I ordered the other little silver motors but as usual Hobbyking are less than acceptable with their shipping times so i doubt i will get to play before january.

Cheers Daign
Thanks!

For me the board isn't the problem. Either it's the weight or the vibrations, it's a bit of both I think. Even at full throttle it won't get off the ground, when I pick it up I see that two motors vibrate a LOT. I don't have the proper equipment to balance props, but I can't be arsed to do it. From now on I'll stick to prop/collet adapters. I'm moving the FC to my other quad instead which actually flies nicely at 50% throttle.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:10 AM
QuaDreko pilot :)
Slovenia, Kamnik
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
My Flydumini did not lift also, when I was using 5x3 HK props. This props are so unbalanced, that because of vibration electronics do not work properly.
When I installed 5x3x3 props, there are no problem no more. Flydumini flys like a charm.

Widelec, what about bottom main frame with 45mm holes? I would like that also, not just cover plate and battery plate.
Drekavac is offline Find More Posts by Drekavac
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:27 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
I have 5x3 and 5x3x3 props in the post so hopefully i wont have this issue.

Wiseduck which battery are you using ? do you know its weight etc.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:41 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekavac View Post
My Flydumini did not lift also, when I was using 5x3 HK props. This props are so unbalanced, that because of vibration electronics do not work properly.
When I installed 5x3x3 props, there are no problem no more. Flydumini flys like a charm.

Widelec, what about bottom main frame with 45mm holes? I would like that also, not just cover plate and battery plate.
They are some of the worst props I've come across. Unbalanced, flimsy etc. I'll try to switch to different props and use prop adapters later. I can confirm that the board works nicely, I put it on my other quad and without any trim I could take of and hover just fine.

As for the battery, I use an 800mah battery. This one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6786
The Bambu quad probably weighs more than it should, but it's difficult to solder everything together when the frame is so small. So I use a fairly large power spider.
Last edited by WiseDuck; Dec 18, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 08:18 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Ill be happy just getting it in the air lol , after that i will swap to higher quality props and continue on....
Like yourself i have a bigger frame sitting in the wings ( different controller boards etc on route via a chinese postman who seems to be walking his way here to hand deliver them).

The battery is pretty much the same as mine which i use use in a depron warbird so i know have plenty of oomph and are reliable.

As it stands battery,frame, board, wiring and receiver = 144g
4 escs @6g each
4 motors @ 10g each
plus wiring etc im hoping at around 100g more so a finished weight of around 250g which i hope is light enough.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:42 PM
Simple is the best
Joined May 2011
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekavac View Post

Hi,
The best way now, drill four 3mm hole in the bottom main plate. Align with upper plate 45mm hole.
Widelec is online now Find More Posts by Widelec
RCG Plus Member