Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:16 PM
Jose Angel
Espaņa, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
Discussion
Newbie problems with Hoverfly Pro

Hi All,

I'm configuring my brand new hoverfly PRO but have some problems.

My 3S lipo is connected to POWER connector, one of the ESC with power/ground lines connected to ESC port and the receiver connected taking power from the board.

I have checked in "HoverFly Setup" software, that all radio channels are readed appropriately and AH also responds ok when moving the hexa in all directions.
Autoleveling and AltitudeHold switches also responds ok and are disabled by default.

When powering the board, I can arm normally but when I give throttle all motors accelerate proportionally to throttle level, but motors does not respond to yaw/roll/pitch orders nor quad movements...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
alvarezpja is offline Find More Posts by alvarezpja
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:38 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
I had a similar problem which ended up being that I had connected the motors incorrectly to the HFP configuration. Double check that you have the Hexa firmware loaded and then check that you have the correct motors connected to the correct pins on the HFP. I was sure I had all this correct but when I checked it again for the 4th time I found I had made a mistake.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
So your ship will not respond to any stick movement except for the throttle? If so did you do an accelerometer calibration? Do you have your gain high enough?
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:00 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Does the HFPro board take 12v input?

I have mine connected to a 5v uBEC, and it works fine.

Interesting.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:10 AM
Jose Angel
Espaņa, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
Adidas4275, I read in the manual that HFP should be power with 6-15V...so I thought I should connect it to the 3S (althought I see the board boots ok when powered from the 5V USB)

mspencer, my gain is 25 as recommended by HF manual. Checked with HF Software.

Stacky, I will review my connections maybe I did a mistake. The HF layout for motor connection is not really intuitive

Thanks for the responses!
I'll report later!
alvarezpja is offline Find More Posts by alvarezpja
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:43 AM
Joined Feb 2006
727 Posts
You will not see any stick reaction untill the thr is over 1/3 or more. Ask a friend to hold the ufo from de lower part of the frame, apply thr and check for stick imputs ans self corrections.
elossam is online now Find More Posts by elossam
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:27 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
Couple things. The USB is 5V but it bypasses the 5V regulator on the HFP. The Power needs to be ~6V-16V. The gain of 25 in the manual is a "Suggested" starting point. You may need more gain.

Are you using a HFGPS with the HFP that won't respond?
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix