HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:24 PM
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Nov 2011
111 Posts
Great read folks, other than the 20 pages of Wah wah 5 pages back, LOL. Ordered my first Sbach from Nitroplanes two weeks ago, Ordered online and received in good order to Canada in about 10 days. Packaged well but the can't play with until officially mine on Christmas morning. Did have a peak at it and it will need some loving. Canopy magnets are all together and unglued, pilot is sitting at a 45 degree angle , held on by his shoulder, rough flight to Ontario I guess. haha. Looks awsome though, has the larger servos even though the box says, 4x9grams. Will assemble and modify as per recommendation before the maiden. I have always taken all recommendations by forums and maybe its been overkill sometimes, but between my F150, Suzuki drz, Vfr 800, what I have tweaked or altered has never become an issue and left me dead on the road, so I thank all of you for sharing your lessons and learnings and I can assure you my motor mount coming apart will not be the reason I dumb thumb this baby into a lawn dart, lol Cheers.
Having alittle trouble choosing batteries for this bird. I currently have
Zippy compacts 4s 1600 35c x2
Zippy 2450 4s 40c (too heavy I figure, 355 grams) x2
Should I go 1800 Zippy compact 4s 35c 200 grams ish or
2200 Zippy compacts 25c 4s around 215 grams..
Hey I'll take any hobbyking battery advice, any other lipo stores just hammer me on the shipping so I have only bought from Hobbyking, thanks.
firedawg1998 is offline Find More Posts by firedawg1998
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:09 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg1998 View Post
Hey I'll take any hobbyking battery advice, any other lipo stores just hammer me on the shipping so I have only bought from Hobbyking, thanks.
I have some nano-tech 2200mAh 45c and Nano-tech 1800mAh 65c's and neither come down hot. Some people dont have good experience with the nano-tech larger packs, but the higher c rated ones have been great for me.

Personally my Sbach gets 35c 2200's 4s really warm.The Nano-Tech 1800mAh 35c's are JUNK. Have had 2 used in both my Dynam Sbach and Dynam Peaks/Pitts pulling less than 40a and come down hot and puffed.

btw stock prop, stock esc and motor.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:15 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
I don't think you will have any trouble with the 2450's. Lighter batteries are better but the plane will fly just fine with those.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:46 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg1998 View Post
Great read folks, other than the 20 pages of Wah wah 5 pages back, LOL. Ordered my first Sbach from Nitroplanes two weeks ago, Ordered online and received in good order to Canada in about 10 days. Packaged well but the can't play with until officially mine on Christmas morning. Did have a peak at it and it will need some loving. Canopy magnets are all together and unglued, pilot is sitting at a 45 degree angle , held on by his shoulder, rough flight to Ontario I guess. haha. Looks awsome though, has the larger servos even though the box says, 4x9grams. Will assemble and modify as per recommendation before the maiden. I have always taken all recommendations by forums and maybe its been overkill sometimes, but between my F150, Suzuki drz, Vfr 800, what I have tweaked or altered has never become an issue and left me dead on the road, so I thank all of y 6ou for sharing your lessons and learnings and I can assure you my motor mount coming apart will not be the reason I dumb thumb this baby into a lawn dart, lol Cheers.

Firedawg ,
Ill have mine intheair in the next couple weeks. Looking forward to comparing notes on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
I don't think you will have any trouble with the 2450's. Lighter batteries are better but the plane will fly just fine with those.
How do the sky lipo 3300 do?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:00 AM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
436 Posts
Cog

Hi guys,

Are you running with books 75 to 80 mm COG?

Thanks.
Claydoc is offline Find More Posts by Claydoc
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:45 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
I haven't run with anything that big but I'm sure the plane can fly fine with them. It all depends on the type of flying you are going to do. The lighter the plane the better it will perform 3D. If you are not a big 3D flyer and only sport around the sky the weight won't matter as much.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
116 Posts
[QUOTE=firedawg1998;23151923]Great read folks, other than the 20 pages of Wah wah 5 pages back, LOL. QUOTE]

Sharpen your mower blades
Mr Oz is offline Find More Posts by Mr Oz
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:12 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
flew sss today,and ill tell you this, if COG is off a little it is a real pig to fly, landed it got COG where it should be,moved batteries towards tail about an inch. Was like flying a different plane ! glides like a dream and has just enough power with stock motor and an 8x8 apc E prop. Oops wrong thread
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Nov 03, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:14 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
flew sss today,and ill tell you this, if COG is off a little it is a real pig to fly, landed it got COG where it should be,moved batteries towards tail about an inch. Was like flying a different plane ! glides like a dream and has just enough power with stock motor and an 8x8 apc E prop.
Just curious why you would ever run something as small as an 8x8 on the stock setup. It should have a 13x6.5!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:19 AM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,693 Posts
Yes that does seem small. Typo? I settled on a 12x8 prop for my Sbach. Not interested in hovering (or any other 3D stuff)...rather have a bit more speed...so I swapped diameter for pitch. And it saves the motor a little (amps are lower, motor comes down warm not hot).
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini-warbird retract mod
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:17 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,799 Posts
Good info here...

Hey if anyone is interested to sell me the bottom part of the canopy (from a crashed plane or something like that) - please PM me. It seems I need to buy an entire fuselage to get that piece. I am building this as a FPV Aerobatic/Racer plane and I would need different canopies to experiment with.

Btw, did you guys get a pretty dirty windshield as well? Mine was just covered with minor paint blobs.. good that I got a second windshield which was almost perfect - some minor scratches but nothing crazy like the one that came with it.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Andy
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Just curious why you would ever run something as small as an 8x8 on the stock setup. It should have a 13x6.5!
LOL wow i must have been way tired ! That was supposed to be posted in the Super Sky Surfer thread yes indeed the Sbach is a 13x6.5 ... Sorry if i freaked you out
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
United States, NC, Bear Grass
Joined Jul 2011
141 Posts
Finally got to fly my sbach since I burned the motor up. Got a new motor and it wouldn't work so I figured the esc was bad. Got a new esc, didn't fix it. Ordered another new motor and it works like a champ. I guess I just got a brand new motor that was no good? Guess I will call nitroplanes tomorrow and see if they will give me my money back or at least send me another new motor.
It was great to get it back up in the air no matter how long it took to get it back going.
melloyello is offline Find More Posts by melloyello
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
Finally got to fly my sbach since I burned the motor up. Got a new motor and it wouldn't work so I figured the esc was bad. Got a new esc, didn't fix it. Ordered another new motor and it works like a champ. I guess I just got a brand new motor that was no good? Guess I will call nitroplanes tomorrow and see if they will give me my money back or at least send me another new motor.
It was great to get it back up in the air no matter how long it took to get it back going.
man i hate it when that happens ! Its like trying to fix a electrical problem on a car, soon you end up with a whole new system !
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:55 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,799 Posts
Dynam SBach - FPV Setup Part 1

Here is the first start of my Dynam SBach FPV Setup. This is going to be a FPV 3D Plane ...

Dynam SBach - FPV Setup Part 1 (0 min 30 sec)

Built a simple GoPro Mount with just Pan that is mounted to the fuselage. Pretty solid and the canopy is just a cover.

Going to test this weekend the GoPro.
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi