SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:25 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Bummer I just got online to order the blasted thing.

At least I'll get some good flight reports, and my beast v2 will be here on the 7th so I'll have something to fly in the mean time.
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:34 AM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,129 Posts
Outta stock on day 2...so we talkin some kind of big demand here, or what???
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:38 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I'm thinking low supply, probably only got a few models in at first, waiting on new shipment. Just a guess though, I thought it had a December release to begin with, maybe those were just early productions.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,893 Posts
According to my order notification, mine shipped and UPS is delivering it this afternoon.

My thoughts are that those who did get one from the first small quantity batch will have to make the elevator servo upgrade for 3D performance. The preorder version will likely include the upgraded servos as Tony from Nitroplanes suggested to Dynam. Not confirmed, just my take on the Sold Out/Preorder situation.

I'll update everyone as soon as mine arrives.

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:53 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
According to my order notification, mine shipped and UPS is delivering it this afternoon.

My thoughts are that those who did get one from the first small quantity batch will have to make the elevator servo upgrade for 3D performance. The preorder version will likely include the upgraded servos as Tony from Nitroplanes suggested to Dynam. Not confirmed, just my take on the Sold Out/Preorder situation.

Best,
Tony
Tony what battery to you intend to use? I'm looking into cheaper batteries to use, let us know what mounting is like, and cg with your battery choice. One of those things I won't have to guess on now that I can't order today as planned.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:57 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
How about you just make an unboxing video and a video of you flying and then give us some of your thoughts and opinions. That would sum it up for us for now
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
I have two Dynam planes, the Meteor and Skybus. They both fly great and there have been no quality/component issues with either. I was tempted to buy the grand cruiser, but I would rather have the Sbach if it can 3D
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:01 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,129 Posts
Quote:

Best,
Tony

Tony, lookin forward to it...fair to say, you got a bunch of guys waiting out here with baited breath

Hope she meets expectations!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:19 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
Tony what battery to you intend to use? I'm looking into cheaper batteries to use, let us know what mounting is like, and cg with your battery choice. One of those things I won't have to guess on now that I can't order today as planned.
I plan to use a Sky Lipo 14.8v 40C 2200mAh battery. I don't have video capability at the moment but will gladly provide photos, details and feedback about the Sbach.

All the best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:32 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Did you get yours? I ordered it 15 minutes after it appeared on the site. Was sent a tracking number but it has not left yet (48 hrs later). I asked and was told I paid for a pre-order (yet I have a tracking number and the site did not say that at the time) and it will be another week or two.
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Nov 24, 2011, 07:55 AM
Joined Apr 2011
63 Posts
I ordered mine on the 22nd and i have the same situation as you KC
bri23520 is offline Find More Posts by bri23520
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
I plan to use a Sky Lipo 14.8v 40C 2200mAh battery. I don't have video capability at the moment but will gladly provide photos, details and feedback about the Sbach.

All the best,
Tony
HMM THATS ALL GREAT AND I HOPE SOMEONE POST A VIDEO OF ONE OF THESE ELECT. S BACH'S; YA NO I LIVE A COUPLE MILES FROM WHERE THAT OTHER GUY FROM THAT BANANA STORE FILMS HIS VIDEOS, HE SAYS "BOX STOCK" WITH A STRAIGHT FACE AND NO THEY ALL DONT FLY THAT WAY. AT LEAST NITRO PLANES SEEMS TO HAVE MORE INTEGRATIDY, AND IM HAPPY TO HEAR THAT TONY POINTS OUT WHAT HE DISLIKES ABOUT THE PLANE
LENNY MANN is offline Find More Posts by LENNY MANN
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:21 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
YES ME TOO, I'VE NEVER ORDERED FROM BANANA OR NITROPLANES. BUT tHE SBACH IS A MUST HAVE FOR ME!

Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:02 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,893 Posts
Unfortunately, the Sbach did not show up. I'm thinking CS made a mistake in advertising early. Once a bunch of us started ordering, they must have decided to just leave it up and make them pre-order only. Normally, Tony and Antonio get a sample for videos and photos, then a month later the product is available for sale. Oh well.....this one will be good and if the elevator servos are upgraded, even better! Stay tuned.....

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:04 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,420 Posts
I like Sbachs!

(subscribed)
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.