HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:11 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Sweet i'm ordering in the morning (pay day) going to try stock servos, ar6 rx and my dx6i :-)
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:16 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,357 Posts
they are showing it

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8945-sbach342-arf.html
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:22 AM
Joined Jan 2008
118 Posts
tempted but I will wait until someone does a review on it.
rapala is offline Find More Posts by rapala
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:40 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,846 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on this cool bird and will make the servo upgrades for 3D testing! Normally, Nitroplanes gets an order to my door in 1 day, if I place the order in the AM. If it shows up tomorrow, I'll try to get photos up by Friday!

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:14 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
For a plane this size, I'd think you'd want at minimum HS-65 equivalent servos... and something closer to an HS-85 if you really want it to be a 3D monster.

Of course, there are many other factors that go in to a good 3D platform... I sure hope some videos appear of this thing getting wrung out.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:27 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
For a plane this size, I'd think you'd want at minimum HS-65 equivalent servos... and something closer to an HS-85 if you really want it to be a 3D monster.

Of course, there are many other factors that go in to a good 3D platform... I sure hope some videos appear of this thing getting wrung out.
I have some hs65s but hate to invest them into an ARF that comes with servos, wish it was a tru ARF that had no electronics for cheaper

Still buying it
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:12 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post

Big 10-4 on the servo choice...for 3D you need min 40 oz-in of torque (assuming 5V), esp on the ail & ele

Digitals even better
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,123 Posts
Listed, but Out of Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post

Well, darn.

But still showing 9g servos. That in itself would be, imo, very suspicious. Let's hope the rest of the ship if/when avail, measures up.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Well, darn.

But still showing 9g servos. That in itself would be, imo, very suspicious. Let's hope the rest of the ship if/when avail, measures up.
I'm stoked but I just realized I'm without a 4s charger right now. The d6 on nitro is only 30 bucks it will suffice until I get mine back.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,502 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing how this plane flies. I need something to go with my Eflite YAK. I tried the HK MX-2 and it was a total disaster, plenty of power, but it weighed so much that it would snap and spin at anything less than 1/2 throttle. Needless to say, it's sitting in a heap in my basement...
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:20 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how this plane flies. I need something to go with my Eflite YAK. I tried the HK MX-2 and it was a total disaster, plenty of power, but it weighed so much that it would snap and spin at anything less than 1/2 throttle. Needless to say, it's sitting in a heap in my basement...
Dude- I hear ya on that one!!!! (something to go with the CZ Yak). I've been torturing & thrashing my CZ for a while now, but I'd love to have another big 14.8V foamie to go with it.

But I FINALLY figured out how Eflite can get $300 a pop for the CZ: they ain't got no competition!!! I have looked like crazy for a MONTH for another 3D foamie I could use my 4S/2650 CZ Yak batts in. I even put up a post on RCG. And I got NUTHIN!!!

I even came within an inching of getting a HK MX-2...but now after seeing your post I'm gonna pass.

So, I'm sure hoping this big NP SBach is the ticket. Let's see a flt report!!!

cheers
Jeff
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:26 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,923 Posts
The site says, " preorder". It's not avalible yet???
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:19 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
The site says, " preorder". It's not avalible yet???
? It means that you can order it before its realeased and if you preorder it you are for sure gonna get one. Other wise if i go on and want to order one a week later they might be out of stock already??????
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
Joined Apr 2011
63 Posts
they are sold out already, I just bought one yesterday morning. It should be in jersey monday morning.
bri23520 is offline Find More Posts by bri23520
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:21 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Yup so i dont know if that guy was asking what preorder means. But thats why you do it because then are getting the first batch thats released before they are ojt of stock in 2 days already!!! Wow
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface