SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNYPilot View Post
I might try putting the ESC into high timing and see if I get some more punch out of it on the low end. On full throttle I get alot of power, but I hear you on the torque. I always felt the first half of the throttle curve was a little weak. I think Storm or someone talked about changing the throttle curve in the transmitter and that it helped balance out the power curve.
Thats a good idea, ill try that for my next flight!
dmbaile2 is offline Find More Posts by dmbaile2
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Mine arrives today and building starts tonite. Is there a list of must do mods or should do mods for this bird ?

Things I should look for and fix, repair, mod etc....

Thanks in advance..
Dubro control horns with backplates, trash stock spinner/collet (get a good 5mm collet from LHS), balance stock prop or APC 13/6.5, cut out foam hinges and install CA hinges. External BEC (castle 10 amp), servos for elevator and rudder. Add magnets to canopy, remove canopy, remove pilot and re-epoxy canopy. make sure engine mount nuts are tight. I have done all this and I have not even flown it yet. Going to maiden her today!
Turbofans is offline Find More Posts by Turbofans
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
Registered User
Deutschland, BY, Peißenberg
Joined Apr 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofans View Post
Dubro control horns with backplates, trash stock spinner/collet (get a good 5mm collet from LHS), balance stock prop or APC 13/6.5, cut out foam hinges and install CA hinges. External BEC (castle 10 amp), servos for elevator and rudder. Add magnets to canopy, remove canopy, remove pilot and re-epoxy canopy. make sure engine mount nuts are tight. I have done all this and I have not even flown it yet. Going to maiden her today!
I did nearly the same and during the work I destroy my cowling. Damned. Now I´m searching for a new one but nobody have the spare parts at the moment.
Loeffel is offline Find More Posts by Loeffel
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
Registered User
ChrisNYPilot's Avatar
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeffel View Post
I did nearly the same and during the work I destroy my cowling. Damned. Now I´m searching for a new one but nobody have the spare parts at the moment.
Do you mean the canopy? My canopy was really ugly from the factory, black paint streaks over areas of white. I removed my pilot as well and ended up making the foam under the plastic even uglier. Anyway, the way I fixed it was to buy some acrylic paint from a Michaels Arts and Crafts Store (likely available in Karstadt in Germany). I painted along the bottom edge of the clear plastic canopy and just painted over the ugly underneath. Worked great.
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChrisNYPilot; Jan 14, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
Deutschland, BY, Peißenberg
Joined Apr 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNYPilot View Post
Do you mean the canopy? My canopy was really ugly from the factory, black paint streaks over areas of white. I removed my pilot as well and ended up making the foam under the plastic even uglier. Anyway, the way I fixed it was to buy some acrylic paint from a Michaels Arts and Crafts Store (likely available in Karstadt in Germany). I painted along the bottom edge of the clear plastic canopy and just painted over the ugly underneath. Worked great.
No, I don´t mean the canopy. The Cowling the the part of plastic around the motor.
Loeffel is offline Find More Posts by Loeffel
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:01 PM
Registered User
ChrisNYPilot's Avatar
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeffel View Post
No, I don´t mean the canopy. The Cowling the the part of plastic around the motor.
How did you damage that?
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Sport Cub
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Love what you did with the canopy. Thats next for me.

Does anyone know if the new version has more canopy magnets? Mine came with three pairs and it sticks so well im afraind to add any more. I cant imagine mine comeing off during flight.
dmbaile2 is offline Find More Posts by dmbaile2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
Registered User
Deutschland, BY, Peißenberg
Joined Apr 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNYPilot View Post
How did you damage that?
I worked on my table and the cowling was on the bottom. Than my sliding caliper fall down an hits it directly. I´m so mad about me. I don´t know why I put the Cowl on the bottom. I hope to get a spare part. Now I have time to do all modifiactions ;-)
Loeffel is offline Find More Posts by Loeffel
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:18 AM
Champagne Supernova
FlyHighSelllow's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbaile2 View Post
Love what you did with the canopy. Thats next for me.

Does anyone know if the new version has more canopy magnets? Mine came with three pairs and it sticks so well im afraind to add any more. I cant imagine mine comeing off during flight.
Mine came with 3 also and seems very tight.

Did you have bigger servos for the rudder and elevator ?

Mine did not. I changed them out.
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
yes i do, but i will probably change them out with something a little faster
dmbaile2 is offline Find More Posts by dmbaile2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
Champagne Supernova
FlyHighSelllow's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,006 Posts
I did my maiden this am and flew 3 packs thru her. I couldnt fly at our normal field today so where I had to fly was a little smaller for me with houses around to really wring her out but she flew well. Plenty of power from stock setup with 4s 2200. Looked like unlimited vertical but I didn't top her off. Will next weekend.

She seemed to want to drop in the turns more than Im used to and was a little twitchy at times but there was some thin air this am and I think there was a breeze up off the deck.

Not sure how she likes to land either. She seems to want to harrier in rather than glide in and roll.

Need more airtime but I like what I saw so far. Lots of power, easy knife edges. I was breaking in lipos too so I didnt do much but fly in a circuit for the most part and trimming it

Stock AUW with 4s 2200 51.80 oz. 3.2lbs

Oh and I think I need to adjust my ESC timing. Motor makes a little roar/screech sometimes on startup and seemed like my brake wasn't set right. It almost seemed like It kept running after going to throttle off.
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:22 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorsup View Post
I would like to know this also. But the wing span on this hobbyking version is 1400 and the dynam one is 1250 so I dont think so. Its more likely made by Blitzworks RC, the ones that made the hobbyking MX2.

Im waiting for more info on this one before I make my mind up.

This dynam sbach is out of the question for me as the shipping to Australia is ridiculous.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:59 PM
Registered User
ChrisNYPilot's Avatar
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
436 Posts
...
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Sport Cub
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:00 PM
Registered User
ChrisNYPilot's Avatar
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
I would like to know this also. But the wing span on this hobbyking version is 1400 and the dynam one is 1250 so I dont think so. Its more likely made by Blitzworks RC, the ones that made the hobbyking MX2.

Im waiting for more info on this one before I make my mind up.

This dynam sbach is out of the question for me as the shipping to Australia is ridiculous.
Shoot Dynam an email and find out how you can get it in Australia.

sales@dynam-rc.cn
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Sport Cub
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Sbach 342 flyhawk Sport Planes 281 Sep 27, 2014 09:39 AM
Cool Sbach 342 - The wait is over!! FINALLY RC! rcxmachines Giant Scale Airplanes 85 Jan 20, 2010 03:47 AM
Video Sbach 342 - The wait is over!! FINALLY RC! rcxmachines Fuel Plane Talk 0 Aug 21, 2009 02:29 AM
Discussion Two Seat Sbach 342 james-bai Fuel Plane Talk 1 Jul 21, 2009 01:05 AM
Discussion Sbach 342 power system? 150grams BpPilot Indoor Pattern/F3P 5 Apr 11, 2009 09:06 PM