5,601 Posts
Thats y i would get a kit (if they make one) or arf
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,034 Posts
Hey guys Tony here from nitroplanes. I been have testing this plane and so far it has been doing great. Power is awesome! And the plane is really light... Currently we are asking Dynam to make a few improvements to this plane to help make it a better 3D plane. There is only one 9g servo for the rudder and elevator. Servo is too small and does not have enough throw in my opinion for 3D. For sports flying it does great, but not enough throws to hover nicely. A review will be up soon and you guys will love it
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:13 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Hey guys Tony here from nitroplanes. I been have testing this plane and so far it has been doing great. Power is awesome! And the plane is really light... Currently we are asking Dynam to make a few improvements to this plane to help make it a better 3D plane. There is only one 9g servo for the rudder and elevator. Servo is too small and does not have enough throw in my opinion for 3D. For sports flying it does great, but not enough throws to hover nicely. A review will be up soon and you guys will love it

Tony, count me as one who's stoked!!!! Btw- BIG Hobbypartz fan here- I have 22 of your Sky lipo batts & 3 of your AC6 chargers...good stuff!!

Ok on this new Dynam plane, a few questions: 1st, what batt you using; and 2nd, what prop?

I already have 6 Sky 4S/2650/40C lipo's I've been running in my CarbonZ Yak, and it would be FANTASTIC to be able to run these in the new model here....according to HP they weigh 330g each. Will these work?

Next- the servos...imo, unless it's some kinda new thing, 9g servos are WAAAAAAAY underpowered for a 3D plane of this size. Tell Dynam to upgrade these to digital 18g servos (esc would need a 3A bec) with AT LEAST 40-45 oz-in or torque (@5V). Metal gear would be icing.

Can't wait to read the flt report!!!!!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Last edited by poiyt; Nov 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:20 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Sweet looking farward to it i was thinking about the 1400mm t-28 but now this is on my mind haha
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:09 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Tony, count me as one who's stoked!!!! Btw- BIG Hobbypartz fan here- I have 22 of your Sky lipo batts & 3 of your AC6 chargers...good stuff!!

Ok on this new Dynam plane, a few questions: 1st, what batt you using; and 2nd, what prop?

I already have 6 Sky 4S/2650/40C lipo's I've been running in my CarbonZ Yak, and it would be FANTASTIC to be able to run these in the new model here....according to HP they weigh 330g each. Will these work?

Next- the servos...imo, unless it's some kinda new thing, 9g servos are WAAAAAAAY underpowered for a 3D plane of this size. Tell Dynam to upgrade these to digital 18g servos (esc would need a 3A bec) with AT LEAST 40-45 oz-in or torque (@5V). Metal gear would be icing.

Can't wait to read the flt report!!!!!!
Awesome man! Thanks for being a big fan the Sky's work great for the value. For the testing I was using the stock 4s 2200mah 20c pack and the stock prop. I can't remember the exact size but it should be the same as what dynam states. I tried a Sky Lipo 4s 2200 40c and could not really tell the difference. Punch was just only a tad bit more. I agree 9g servos is not enough for a 3D plane this size. From the looks the stock servo are just regular 9g servos. I already asked Dynam to use bigger servos for the tail. Also this would help balance the plane a little better since it is a tad bit nose heavy. Even with the battery in the far back location I can tell the plane needs more weight in the rear for the 3D guys. I'm not near good enough to fully wing it out so the CG now is pretty good for my flying style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Sweet looking farward to it i was thinking about the 1400mm t-28 but now this is on my mind haha
Hehe you can get both
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:21 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Yea but now i have to decide which one comes first tho haha i think im going to wait for this sbach.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:36 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I'm not woried about the servos will be using my own as well. Although I Was planning on using 9grams so I guess thats outa the question!
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:51 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Yea but now i have to decide which one comes first tho haha i think im going to wait for this sbach.
if i were you with the black friday sales they have going on right now i would get the t-28 and wait for the sbach
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:21 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
if i were you with the black friday sales they have going on right now i would get the t-28 and wait for the sbach
o well it wioulden be till like febuary till i got anything yet lol probaly even later i guess im just dreamer for next summer haha.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 07:46 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,880 Posts
Will this plane be availible on Black friday????
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:27 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Will this plane be availible on Black friday????
its doubtful we will see this plane before christmas...claimed arrival date is december 20-22 but i think it will be after the new year
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:12 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Tony, Thanks for the update and feedback!
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:18 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
So many "must haves" before the year ends what to do, what to do... If the price is right on the sbach it will have to come before some of the others on my list
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
63 Posts
I just ordered one today with some hitec servos. We'll see how it goes.
bri23520 is offline Find More Posts by bri23520
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:10 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
In stock now??!