HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:40 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
909 Posts
I clicked on US Warehouse at the top of the page and it after selecting a battery it still said HK warehouse. Bummer. You're right. Too expensive. They need to get them in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucker View Post
Is there a US supplier for your scorpion batteries? I'd like to try one of these packs but adding $30 to $80 pack is a bit pricey!
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:05 AM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
99 Posts
Scorpion Packs, Powered by HAIYIN - HK WH

Hi All,
Sorry if it is not clear. HAIYIN only stocks Scorpion Competition Power Packs in our HK WH.

That said, we have appointed Scorpion Pack Distributors in many countries already and they have (had) stock to sell to you locally.

In the USA you can buy them from Innov8tive http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/index.php?cPath=23_143, as Alexf1852 helpfully pointed out.

... However looks like Lucien is sold out of the 3S-6S packs.

PENDING NEWS:
Stand by for a NEW Scorpion Pack Announcement, Powered by HAIYIN in January.
You will like it

Best always
Eric
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:01 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr View Post
I clicked on US Warehouse at the top of the page and it after selecting a battery it still said HK warehouse. Bummer. You're right. Too expensive. They need to get them in the U.S.
that's a bummer
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
Never Stop Learning
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2005
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr View Post
Not sure where you live in the USA but I have ordered the 65C packs from the HK location and average $15 to $20 a pack which is not bad at all. Just placed an order today.

You have to compare apples to apples when you speak of shipping charges. Compare the landed price from a USA distributor plus shipping and sales tax if added to the direct shipped to your door cost from Haiyin HK. In my experience the HK price is equal to less than the on shore delivered cost. Also bear in mind that UPS, FedEx and EMS have all announced considerable shipping rate increases effective 2013 world wide. It is never cheaper than today to buy anything, seems to always be more expensive if you wait.

It boils down to this, if you want the high end stuff, buy it and enjoy it. It is not fair to expect the same discounted pricing for top of the line as for middle grade.

Haiyin makes a good product.
Jaguar22 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar22
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
1st test flight CHAOS 700e @ Heli Freak Sat/2012 (2 min 29 sec)

I was flying Thunder Power packs for over 5 years and also representing the products as a sponsored pilot for man years. Lucien Miller at Innov8tive Designs,(a close friend) let me try the Scorpion 6 Cell 65c 5000 mAh batteries for Helifreaks event while I was trying to dial in the FBL system.
Thunder Power products are great but as I'm open to try other brands, Scorpion packs I found fly with constant power through out the flight and are reasonable in price :-)
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:57 PM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
99 Posts
HAIYIN at Nuremburg Show 2013

Hi All
If you are in Germany for the 2013 Nuremburg Toy/Hobby Show at the end of January 2013, please stop by our booth;

Herewin New Energy - HAIYIN - Hall 7A Booth B-102.

If you say your an RCG Member, we will give you a small gift.

Happy 2013
Eric
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:06 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
909 Posts
Have fun in Nuremberg Eric! I used to go every year when I wrote for an R/C magazine many eons ago. BEST R/C expo on earth. Beijing is 2nd in my opinion.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
I just ordered my first Haiyin packs..a pair of 6S 5000 25Cs. I've been wanting to try them out for a while. (also wanted to sub to this thread)
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:39 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,819 Posts
I've been happy with my Haiyin of that size, Moose. Haven't gotten many cycles from it yet, but so far so good.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:33 PM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
701 Posts
Put 8 x Haiyin batteries in my shopping cart at haiyin.com, from 800mAh to 5000mAh, total came to US$203 - fine, that's competitive... then checked the postage = US$154! That's the cheapest international option.

Hobbyking's cart for the same size packs came to US$194 with postage at US$53. Postage cost is 1/3rd, both warehouses are in Hong Kong, Haiyin uses Fedex, HK uses SingPost.

Sorry Haiyin, I can't afford US$154 just for postage...
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:33 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,967 Posts
Yeah, it was the international shipping cost that put me off as well. Pity really. Ended up getting some Beast DNA 50C batteries, that I'm really happy with.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:46 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
909 Posts
I just charged four 4S 40C 5000 packs that I had drained over the weekend. For you doubters out there, the internal resistant readings were 3mohms, 10mohms, 11mohms, and 8mohms. That is pretty darned outstand for packs that are nine months old and have at least 20 cycles on each of the packs.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:04 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,456 Posts
Actually, those IR numbers are very poor for a 5000mAh lipoly with only 20-30 cycles.

What tool do you use to measure IR? And at what temperature?

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:08 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
909 Posts
Make up your minds. Earlier when I posted single digit IR numbers, people on this forum were irate that I was lieing that they couldn't possibly be that low! WHAT do YOU consider good numbers. I know all the Turnigy, etc, crap batteries I have come in at 35-50 IR numbers!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:09 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
909 Posts
I used my hyperion 720 Super Duo to measure the IR at room temp, about 78 F.