HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:58 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
i'm looking forward some huge capacity from 8000mah to 15000mah..
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:35 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIYIN View Post
Stepping up our game!
See our website in the next week or so at www.HaiyinStore.com
Also will post here on RCG
Intrigued to see what's ahead. I would like to see some smaller sized 2 s and 3s packs -- about 200mah -- I just had to purchase a dozen purple lipos because my new favorite battery manufacturer didn't have any that small.

The Purple Pack People have a couple pretty sweet micro airframes --- I like to build my own micros as well -- but 500mah is a bit (quite a bit) large for these little guys.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:04 PM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined Oct 2008
127 Posts
Scorpion competition lipos now avail. on the Haiyin website They are kind of spendy though, So because of the price I dont see myself buying any of those anytime soon. And it looks like the 10% discount for RCG buyers is over now too, good thing I ordered on Fri last week as the discount was still avail. then.
mr.pickle is online now Find More Posts by mr.pickle
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:17 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.pickle View Post
Scorpion competition lipos now avail. on the Haiyin website They are kind of spendy though, So because of the price I dont see myself buying any of those anytime soon. And it looks like the 10% discount for RCG buyers is over now too, good thing I ordered on Fri last week as the discount was still avail. then.
That 10% was what tipped the scale for me in terms of buy vs. just window shopping and I did buy.

if the Lipos hold up to at least 100 cycles (that's where my Blue Turnigy paks are at and runs great still), I'd be ok with buying more even without the 10%.

I now have 12 cycles on each of my 4 Lipos and they are doing great.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:08 PM
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
Sounds like you treat your batteries well so you should get lots of cycles from the newer brand as well.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:07 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,698 Posts
My first 2 flights with Haiyin LiPos
6S 5000mAh 25C
6S 5000mAh 30C

SU-35 Training (11 min 43 sec)
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
896 Posts
He's only running 3S. If he'd go up to 4S he would lower his amp draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
92 amps to get 30 MPH?
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:42 PM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
94 Posts
Scorpion Competition Power Packs, Powered by HAIYIN - Official Launch on RC Groups

HAIYIN, in partnership with SCORPION POWER SYSTEM, the world’s leading brand of quality RC Motors & ESC’s,
are proud to announce the launch of their most powerful RC Performance packs ever;
the SCORPION COMPETITION POWER PACK ( 65C+ ) Series.

Scorpion Competition Power Packs ( SCPP ) are suitable for any Pilot wanting true Top Competition Performance.

Through the use of superior chemical formulations and the latest in advanced CNT Technology ( Carbon Nano Tube ),
Scorpion Packs deliver higher load rates, lighter mass, superior conductive qualities and longer cycle life.

Packs are assembled using state-of-the-art ultra-sonic welding, incorporating the highest levels of quality control,
multiple testing under continuous and multi-step pulse discharge patterns, additional cell aging, cell matching,
5S and 6S matched pack “pairs” ( 10S and 12S ), as well as superior finishing and packaging.

Scorpion Competition Power Packs are meant to complement our current line of high quality, less expensive HAIYIN Lipos,
by offering those who want a top performance pack in addition to an excellent every day pack.

For more information on our Scorpion Competition Power Packs, please go to www.Scorpion-Haiyin.com
or email Eric at Sales@HaiyinStore.com
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Last edited by HAIYIN; Sep 10, 2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added Pics
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
USA, NC, Hope Mills
Joined Jan 2010
256 Posts
Great news!!!
Gamalier is offline Find More Posts by Gamalier
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:38 PM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Feb 2006
632 Posts
Looks like your packs are performing well. I was looking at the 5S packs in the 5000mah range and noticed even the 25C packs are well in excess of 600gr. Will you be releasing any 5000mah packs that are around 600gr or less in the 25-30C range?

thanks
Don
DonA is offline Find More Posts by DonA
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined May 2009
6,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier View Post
Great news!!!
Of course the other news that's not so obvious is the 10% discount for RCG is gone, and the prices have gone up a buck or two as well. At least on the two different 3S batteries I checked the prices have gone up this week.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,616 Posts
I was shopping for 6S 4000-5000 packs a few weeks ago. I also took advantage of the coupon. At the time though, I saved a screenshot of the prices. Regular prices for this size Haiyin packs actually have gone down a couple bucks. Different ones have gone on sale, so they are naturally a little cheaper. Supply and demand?
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined May 2009
6,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
I was shopping for 6S 4000-5000 packs a few weeks ago. I also took advantage of the coupon. At the time though, I saved a screenshot of the prices. Regular prices for this size Haiyin packs actually have gone down a couple bucks. Different ones have gone on sale, so they are naturally a little cheaper. Supply and demand?
That's probably the case. There have been few products or companies that I've been so completely satisfied with, so I'm sure I'll still be buying Haiyin - but I don't have the deep pockets for the competition packs. ;-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:06 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
well, for the 40C 2200mah, I bought 4 for $95.44 shipped
I ran the same 4 through today and it was $110 plus change.

so about $15 more.

for future purchases, if I need the higher "C" rating, I may buy again, but for my lower "C" rating planes, Turnigy blue 20C at $10.99 will do.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
I got a suggestion for HY... about the connectors....

I wonder if it is possible to choose connector type on the Lipo... I'm found I either need to change the plug on battery or redo my power distribution cord to fit the 4mm bullet connectors...

my suggestion on the connector types to choose:
EC5
Deans
XT150
just cuz they got better protected from accidentally short than 2x5mm bullet connectors
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933