SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2011, 06:52 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
what are the charge rates on these, i was on the website and they were very low, thats strange for most present lipos.........
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:30 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,200 Posts
That 300W test is getting better...about 93% of capacity while staying well above 3v/cell... but we really need closer to 700W to see if they hold up to their 30C discharge. Otherwise they should be more realistically rated as only 15C cells.

I want to see what voltage they can maintain at 66A continuous discharge!

I'm not picking on Haiyan here... there is probably no cell-brand out there which can do what its typically optimistic C-rating would suggest it should be able to do!
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Last edited by Dr Kiwi; Nov 20, 2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:01 PM
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
Sorry I'm not that technical. I can only provide subjective opinion. I was specially pleased with the customer support side. Happy flying!
Ben
cixcos is offline Find More Posts by cixcos
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:26 PM
Norcross, GA
Joined Dec 2005
258 Posts
I received two 3S, 2200mah, 40C lipos Saturday. Very fast shipping. I shared them with several members at our club. Everyone, including myself was pleased with the results. I plan to order a couple of 4-cells to see how they perform. I am sure that if there are any problems, they will be posted on the forum. Also, the warehouse is in Nevada (USA)
ggroyal1117 is offline Find More Posts by ggroyal1117
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:51 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Scholefield View Post
Here is another run on the Haiyin 3S2200 30C pack (after 13 cycles). Hopefully these will be a bit more meaningful to the e-modeler. Nominal load 300 watts, 2.050 Ah delivered at this rate.

Pack only slightly warm.
What was the voltage of tha pack under this load and I'm guessing around only 30amps so hardly close to the rated capacity.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:06 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,006 Posts
Your website is slow
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Dec 04, 2011, 01:56 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddaddy View Post
What camera are you using in your plane?
Hi!

I am using a HD 808 Cam #11

http://chucklohr.com/808/

I installed the firmware #2

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3531

Cheers,

Julian
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:39 AM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Scholefield View Post
.....Glad to see another quality supplier (one that actually manufactures the cells) for our hobby uses. Red S.,The Battery Clinic, Model Aviation Magazine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggroyal1117 View Post
... Also, the warehouse is in Nevada (USA)
Good to point that out Red, we really don't need another "labeler".

Eric, I see that the smaller packs have a XT60 connector on them. Is that a genuine XT60 manufactured by HeXTronic?

Do you also manufacture the cells for the Turnigy brand of lipo's? I use Turnigy batteries, and if you are manufacturing them, I might as well just buy them direct. Thought I would ask.

I do large scale electric planes, and it should be interesting to see how these ring out for sport and extreme use (large scale EDF jets, for instance). The "jet" guys will definitely give you some "real world" numbers, and let you know if these are up to the task or not. I'm interested in larger size packs (3S-6S 5000 mAh +), I hope the larger sizes are in the works.

The "Battery Finder" on your website is very helpful. I am looking forward to testing some of these smaller and larger cells with my PL8 using the high power regenerative discharge and graphing features. I have hundreds of lipos and it is about time to start replacing them. I am considering these Haiyin cells.
nioa is online now Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:09 AM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
They won't sell many batteries if they don't fix their snail speed website...

Prices seem a bit high also, may be worth it if the batteries are better than the run of the mill.

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:18 AM
Norcross, GA
Joined Dec 2005
258 Posts
I have been passing my two 3S, 2200mah, 40C lipos around the club members for the last two weekends. They have been used in EDFs & various prop planes.
Everyone likes their performance so far. I would recommend these lipos.
ggroyal1117 is offline Find More Posts by ggroyal1117
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:54 AM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
689 Posts
Great, keep it up!

Get lots of cycles on those batteries. Lets see how they perform after 25 to 100 cycles. And lets see how the batteries physically hold up as well.
nioa is online now Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...
Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:09 PM
Bub from that outer site
Joined Jan 2007
252 Posts
I can't find shipping prices????? anyone know? Thanks, Bubsteve
scoooper is offline Find More Posts by scoooper
Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:29 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
I would like to see how the comapre with the Gensace packs.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:19 PM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
95 Posts
All HaiyinStore Shipping Charges are automatically calculated at checkout, using USPS and UPS real time Shipping Rate API's. HaiyinStore determines the cheapest way to ship based on the weight of your checkout order and destination, then inserts that rate as the default. You can select a faster, more expensive way to ship by using the pull down option menu under Shipping Methods. HaiyinStore does not mark up Shipping Costs.
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
marshall , va
Joined Jul 2003
784 Posts
Since you are providing cells for drag racer how about some larger format cells like 10ah or even 20ah hi c cells!

Any like that in planning.
kmp647 is offline Find More Posts by kmp647