HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:17 PM
peoria,az
Joined Sep 2009
491 Posts
once i recieve my 6s 5000 40c packs i will test them up to one of the most powerful heli motors made and give them the hardest beat down they will ever feel.
mattox is offline Find More Posts by mattox
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:18 PM
peoria,az
Joined Sep 2009
491 Posts
mattox is offline Find More Posts by mattox
Last edited by mattox; Apr 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:16 AM
Uh Oh Jungo
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2003
790 Posts
Thinking of ordering a couple of packs from HaiYin but am a little confused by the shipping options on their site. Does anyone know what "International Forwarder" means?
ParkJeff is offline Find More Posts by ParkJeff
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:48 AM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
99 Posts
HaiyinStore Shipping Options

HaiyinStore offers several shipping options, depending on the warehouse selected.

- In Hong Kong, we use FedEx and a very reliable International Shipper ( Quantium )
- In USA we use USPS and UPS
- In Europe, we use UPS and Colissimo

All shipping options rely on the provider's "real time published ship rates", to calculate actual delivery costs to the destination address/country of the customer.

The default carrier appearing in the HaiyinStore checkout window is almost always the cheapest shipping option ( as determined by weight and country of destination ), but you can quickly see other shipper's costs and also check "total purchase costs" from other warehouses, in real time, simply by clicking other warehouse buttons.
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:53 AM
Uh Oh Jungo
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2003
790 Posts
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
ParkJeff is offline Find More Posts by ParkJeff
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:59 AM
Winnebago IL
Joined Jan 2008
80 Posts
Got my 2 packs last evening after work .

2x 5000mah 40C 6S packs. Will be going in my Compass 7HV heli with Xera 4530-500 motor. For those that are not framiliar with that motor, it's a beast and one of the most powerful motors in that size heli(90E).

Initial impressions of the packs are good. Construction seems very good. They came with 5.5mm bullets that seemed of very decent quality. I run 6.0mm bullets so sadly I had to remove the stock bullets which, the factory did a good job of soldering those 5.5's on, they are a bit of work for my 140w weller Iron to get off. Once my 6.0mm's were on, I put on the PL8 charger. Cell balance was within normal limits for a factory pack. All within about 0.08v and come quickly inline once on the charger. I cycled them on the PL8 and on first charge, the IR's were averaging about 1.4-1.6 mOhm's per cell. I expect that should drop just a touch as packs break in. Those IR numbers are excellent IMO.

Hopefully, I can get some flying in today after work. Will update as I get time and more information. If these packs are the cells that I think they are, then with Haiyin will have a sure winner on their hands if their customer service stays as exceptional as it was shown to be earlier in this thread for the cutomer with the puffed pack out of the box. Try that with some other makers :O.
CoronaL is offline Find More Posts by CoronaL
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:33 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattox View Post
...will test them up to one of the most powerful heli motors made and give them the hardest beat down they will ever feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaL View Post
..... Will update as I get time and more information....
Keep up the hard work .. ... After 50 or so cycles, there will be a good understanding of how these batteries perform and last.!
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:02 PM
Italy
Joined Feb 2007
111 Posts
Haiyin 4S 4000mAh 40C

My ordered battery on 04/13/2012 arrived today and it's a very fast shipping from Haiyin store at Hong Kong to Italy.
They were nice packaged and come with 5,5mm bullet connectors that are my standard, so I like it very much and I do not have to solder any bullet.
I will run them in a Brushless FE RC Boat and in a Losi 8IGHT-E
Bigbore2 is offline Find More Posts by Bigbore2
Last edited by Bigbore2; Apr 30, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old May 03, 2012, 04:53 PM
Winnebago IL
Joined Jan 2008
80 Posts
update on my 2x 5000mah 6s 40c packs. Flew them about 5 cycles this weekend. Prior to that only had 1-2 cycles on them, so first few flights this past weekend were not hard. Last couple were basically at full flight time and almost full beat down unleashed. Will save that for a few flights from now, but we didn't just hover or fly figure 8's. Pretty much all moves done, just didn't hammer them as much as we might otherwise.

IR's looking good and stable around 1.5mOhm ea cell, performance is GOOD IMO. Hopefully these will last and keep up in performance. I'm impressed for the $, I think they are a good alternative to some other brands
CoronaL is offline Find More Posts by CoronaL
Old May 03, 2012, 10:50 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2003
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaL View Post
update on my 2x 5000mah 6s 40c packs. Flew them about 5 cycles this weekend. Prior to that only had 1-2 cycles on them, so first few flights this past weekend were not hard. Last couple were basically at full flight time and almost full beat down unleashed. Will save that for a few flights from now, but we didn't just hover or fly figure 8's. Pretty much all moves done, just didn't hammer them as much as we might otherwise.

IR's looking good and stable around 1.5mOhm ea cell, performance is GOOD IMO. Hopefully these will last and keep up in performance. I'm impressed for the $, I think they are a good alternative to some other brands
Yeah mine are doing good... I'm running the 6s x 2 of the 3600mAh 30C packs in my JR NEX E8 Vibe with the Align 700mx 510kv motor... I got 14 cycles through them now and they are very much similar to the Gens Ace 25C 3800mAh packs I was using before, except they are lighter :P.
Shortman is offline Find More Posts by Shortman
Old May 03, 2012, 11:43 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
670 Posts
I took my old original brushed Parkzone spitfire out last week. I took a 2200, a couple of 1300s and my new Haiyin 1600. There was a notable difference in top end power using the Haiyin pack. The first time I throttled up to full to hand launch, i could feel it. On the Haiyin pack's second flight of the day, but probably about the 100th flight on the spit, the motor burned up. There was a fast loss of power, but it was plenty to go around and bring it in soft. I assumed at the time that it was the ESC that had failed. I smelled the dreaded smoke of death.Tonight I tried to power everything up and the esc went through it's sequence just fine, but the motor seemed labored and hot, and it smelled just like it did last weekend. I had a spare motor here that I had never used, so I screwed it into the gearbox and and soldered it up, and all is well. This old bird refuses to die.

My assumption is that the Haiyin 1600 is the only pack I have that can maintain the voltage at full throttle and deliver all the current the little thing is calling for, and it just could not handle it.

Second likely scenario is that it was just that motor's time to go, and the little bit of extra power just did it in.

No science here, but the Haiyin pack was the best of the bunch and that little spit was really moving until "the incident".

More experimenting this weekend. The Haiyin 2200 will go into my 109G for a flight or three also.

-Craig
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old May 04, 2012, 09:51 AM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Oct 2005
412 Posts
I ordered 2 of the 6s 30c 4500 packs to use in my new Synergy E7. Ordered Monday and had them Thursday ( to Ohio). Packs arrived well balanced which was a pleasant surprise over my last 2 Gens Ace packs from Hobbypartz. My only issue is the weight. The 2 packs weigh just over 1500g where a pair of the TP 65c 4400's weigh about 100g less. It's not a knock on Haiyin because most others are the same and the new Gens Ace 60c packs are much heavier. Hopefully I'll get to try them out this weekend.

When is the best time to check the IR? Fully charged or in a discharged state? I want to start tracking this on all my new packs.
GoBucks is offline Find More Posts by GoBucks
Old May 04, 2012, 11:25 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,880 Posts
Oregon Craig-

Sounds like with the new H pack, you may need to use a smaller prop, or one with less pitch, as the pack may be delivering too much wattage to the motor, sice its voltage isn't sagging as much under load.
I'm a newer guy to E-planes, but from what I've read, the older brushed motors are usually OK with extra voltage if the amperage doesn't rise.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old May 04, 2012, 03:17 PM
Rugby, UK
Joined Feb 2007
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks View Post
When is the best time to check the IR? Fully charged or in a discharged state? I want to start tracking this on all my new packs.
Generally there is a small decrease in IR values at fully charged compared with storage charge of the order of 10%. Provided you are only comparing for your own use it doesn't matter but temperature is very important and you should always leave a pack to soak at least an hour before taking a measurement.
If you use 22degC (72F) you can compare it with others in Mark Forsyth's data thread at :-
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post20484169

Wayne
Wayne Giles is offline Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Old May 04, 2012, 04:09 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
Oregon Craig-

Sounds like with the new H pack, you may need to use a smaller prop, or one with less pitch, as the pack may be delivering too much wattage to the motor, sice its voltage isn't sagging as much under load.
I'm a newer guy to E-planes, but from what I've read, the older brushed motors are usually OK with extra voltage if the amperage doesn't rise.

R,
Target
I believe you are right. Those props are unique, so you can't just pop on a standard one. I may be able to come up with some type of adapter. I have a few spares too, so I may try to make one go from a 10x8 to a 9.5x8 or 9x8 possibly. Couldn't hurt. Might be fun. Thanks!

-Craig
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig